The Student Room Group

Art theme

I'm currently studying GCSE art and I have to choose a theme. I wanted to do India as my theme but my friends advised me not to do India as it isn't a broad enough subject so I need some new ideas and was wondering if anyone could help me out? :smile:
I am studying GCSE Art next year so I don't really know but I really like art. India isn't a bad choice but choose something you a interested in good at and means something to you
Try looking on pinter estate may be or seeing previous themes and work
Reply 3
Thank you:smile:
Pinterest and Tumblr are great places to look for art inspiration. I think India is actually a perfect subject, there's lot's of architecture, patterns, foods, colours, animals etc that are only available in India. There's the spiritual aspect as well. What exactly do you have to do for this project?
Reply 5
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Pinterest and Tumblr are great places to look for art inspiration. I think India is actually a perfect subject, there's lot's of architecture, patterns, foods, colours, animals etc that are only available in India. There's the spiritual aspect as well. What exactly do you have to do for this project?

I haven't really got to do anything specific just really pick a theme and run with it!
Original post by lollypop456
I haven't really got to do anything specific just really pick a theme and run with it!

Well, what things are you passionate about that could link to india? What can you imagine drawing a lot and researching? If it was me, I'd personally explore the spiritual side of India, such as the gods etc. You can do a lot of stuff with patterning in Indian clothes as well, I'm sure snippets of interesting fabric and your copies of them would look great in a project :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending