The Student Room Group
She's there because she's going to win.
Not sure a single building can take so much awesomeness. All we need now is for Nigel to turn up.
Le Pen and Trump - a match made in heaven.
Reply 4
I kind of want to see Europe go into turmoil, it'd give us an upper hand in negotiations
The west is hopefully shaping up for another Golden age, Sorting out all the problems that the EU and Left wingers have caused, lets just hope that more western countries elect the best right wing leaders.
I never knew she was a fan of golden showers
Original post by Mathemagicien
Le Pen isn't getting elected. Not this year...

Besides, she isn't really right-wing economically. The person who will almost certainly win the French election is Fillon, who is much further to the right of Le Pen, economically, and fairly right-wing socially.

Yeah I have not really looked into french politics recently since I am so ill. but I did hear that pen was more left in terms of economy. But thanks for telling me, I might have to have a look into it.

But I am just hoping Europe and the west will get better
I don't think we'll be seeing too many nationalist governments soon, since none of them are getting the majorities they need, and nobody else will work with them.

There could very well be revolutions on the European continent after the EU breaks up if the political systems don't accommodate the popular will. And they don't in France, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany to name a few.

We don't tend to have revolutions in the UK but they have been surprisingly common in the rest of Europe in the eighteenth (obviously!) nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

France will be the early adopter, t'was ever thus. Paris sneezes, they used to say, and Europe catches cold.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
If in terms of "get better" you mean more far-right/nationalist, Europe is guaranteed to be run by nationalists in some decades' time*; today is just determining the characteristics of those nationalists. I don't think we'll be seeing too many nationalist governments soon, since none of them are getting the majorities they need, and nobody else will work with them.

*Due to many factors, e.g. increasing terrorism; Africa's population explosion, combined with global warming, leading to mass migration, dwarfing that of 2015; decades more of terrible growth, or another economic crisis; the youth of today (who are more nationalist than their elders in most European countries) replacing their elders; etc.

Personally I Like the right side of the conservatives, and I would not consider myself "far right" but lables like those mean different things for different people, the closest person i can think of is Jake Rees-Mogg but i still do disagree with a few things he says.
And as far as nationalism goes I am no white supremacist nor am I a left winger that wants No borders. I think we need a careful balance and need to lower numbers of immigrants.
I also support reforms to Foreign aid and the NHS.

I think that we have gone too far left and the pendulum will swing back towards a more right wing future.

Sorry If I have made any mistakes I am on strong painkillers at the moment.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Personally I Like the right side of the conservatives, and I would not consider myself "far right" but lables like those mean different things for different people, the closest person i can think of is Jake Rees-Mogg but i still do disagree with a few things he says.
And as far as nationalism goes I am no white supremacist nor am I a left winger that wants No borders. I think we need a careful balance and need to lower numbers of immigrants.
I also support reforms to Foreign aid and the NHS.

I think that we have gone too far left and the pendulum will swing back towards a more right wing future.

Sorry If I have made any mistakes I am on strong painkillers at the moment.

You didn't make any mistakes my friend. That was a great post.
The EU won't necessarily break up. If the EU plays their cards right, which they probably won't, the nationalism could become more of a pan-European nationalism, rather than the old nationalism. Its unlikely,

I am going to give you two reasons why it won't happen. :smile:

1. The EU is a Federalist project. Its raison d'etre has always been the destruction of individual national identities, currencies. laws, on the altar of the "European ideal."

Nationalism is the death watch beetle in its soul.

2. When has the EU elite ever "played their cards" right?
Shes going to win - anyone who says she isnt is just naive, just like the people who said Brexit and Trump could never win. oh wait.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending