Hi Everyone,

This is the official 2017 thread for Philosophy and Ethics

Exam Dates:

G581 Philosophy of Religion
-->MONDAY 19th JUNE 2017 - PM

G582 Religious Ethics
--> TUESDAY 27th JUNE 2017 - PM
---------------------------------------------------

Please use this thread to post your ideas, predictions, revision notes and more. I will be uploading some resources soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have set of completed philosophy and ethics notes for A2???
Reply 2
Hi guys,
Just a quick note to thank you for starting a new thread. What questions do you think will come up this year, fingers crossed for Religious Language and also is this OCR
Cheers
Does anybody know if we could be examined on AS content as well as A2 specimen?
Reply 4
Original post by cdog123
Hi guys,
Just a quick note to thank you for starting a new thread. What questions do you think will come up this year, fingers crossed for Religious Language and also is this OCR
Cheers

Yes the exam board for this thread is OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by aimeetiernan1
Does anybody know if we could be examined on AS content as well as A2 specimen?

You won't be examined on the content for AS, however to get higher marks candidates are encouraged to make synoptic links back to AS
e.g.) ...was influenced by Kant and his concept of universalising a maxim which was seen in one of Kant's postulates of practical reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Zino98
Yes the exam board for this thread is OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Hiya everyone,

I'm currently taking the AS and A2 in one year and teaching myself the AS content. Does anyone have any revision resources or recommend any websites for the A2 content?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ashleigh_jean
Hiya everyone,

I'm currently taking the AS and A2 in one year and teaching myself the AS content. Does anyone have any revision resources or recommend any websites for the A2 content?

Thanks in advance :smile:

There's a website called Jake does revision which is really good and concise. It explains things in easier terms so you understand it better. This guy wrote amazing notes. Check it out online - just type in AS/A2 (topic name) jake does revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Heyyy,

Does anyone has their AS notes. im actually studying on my own and havent got a clue how to and what to sudy.
Also some pointers would be nice, how to get grades.
please please would really appreciate your help.
Reply 10
Hey can any one tell me what is the difference between subjective and objective ethics? and is subjective in other words called relavist, like wise is objective ethics called absolutist?
Original post by cdog123
Hi guys,
Cheers

Just finished Religious Language, liking it but it's pretty difficult
Reply 12
Original post by Crimedrama98
Just finished Religious Language, liking it but it's pretty difficult

I am just doing miracles, it is also very hard. What is your favourite Religious Language topic, i would have to go for Analogy
Reply 13
Original post by aruob
Hey can any one tell me what is the difference between subjective and objective ethics? and is subjective in other words called relavist, like wise is objective ethics called absolutist?

Subjective means opinion based and your own view / preference of things - it's linked with relativism as it takes into account the circumstances and consequences of an action

Objective, on the other hand, means factual - it is right or wrong - there is an definite answer and it is not based on human feeling or assumption. It is linked with absolutism as it doesn't take into account circumstances or consequences - it is deontological meaning purely right or wrong regardless of the circumstances or consequences

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, does anyone know where I can find last years questions? Obviously they're not officially published anywhere but has anyone seen them floating around a thread from last year?
Reply 15
it does thank you

Original post by Zino98
Subjective means opinion based and your own view / preference of things - it's linked with relativism as it takes into account the circumstances and consequences of an action

Objective, on the other hand, means factual - it is right or wrong - there is an definite answer and it is not based on human feeling or assumption. It is linked with absolutism as it doesn't take into account circumstances or consequences - it is deontological meaning purely right or wrong regardless of the circumstances or consequences

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
This year is definitely harder than last year.
I have a study group for ocr a2 philosophy and ethics on whatsapp...if anyone is interested in joining, let me know x (remember that you'd have to give ur phone number so if u dont wanna give your number then please dont message me x)
Reply 17
I'll be uploading some awesome revision PowerPoints that I made very soon! Just finishing them off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions??
Reply 19
Does anyone have the 2016 exam questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply