The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by {Jane}
I got an offer for English at Newnham! It came in at 11am but my day's been so busy and exciting I've only just come online (and attempted to scroll and catch up with everyone's outcomes!)

@Ruthie2267 @Chedda I saw you guys both got offers from Newnham too (Hi! And CONGRATULATIONS!) Will you be going to the offer holder day?

Another Newnham offer holder! Hello! I'm hoping to go to the offer holder day
Original post by wolfmoon88
:frown: I am sure it will come soon!

Yes (from Taiwan) :tongue:

I love Peking Duck too :tongue: :biggrin:

Awesomee!! You're making me hungry :P Have you got ur offer? Which college/course? :smile:
Just screw everything :tongue: except for Stanford/MIT and Trump Uni ofc :tongue:

Yeah I don't really care about Princeton anymore hahaha but now I don't really care about MIT either as much. It's probably only Stanford that I'd pick over Cambridge but the chances of getting accepted is close to 0 hahaha. Still need to do the financial aid applications which are actually ridiculous...
Original post by Xiuchen
Awesomee!! You're making me hungry :P Have you got ur offer? Which college/course? :smile:

:rofl: :rofl: Being in Asia means it is easy to get Asian food :biggrin:

Straight Rejection from Magdalen College, Oxford for Human Sciences
So excited got an offer to St. Catharines to study music. Just need to get the grades now
@Student1256

I am so sorry :console:

Thank you, now i definitely know how you felt yesterday...
well there's always next year 😊
All our applicants and pool offers holders at Murray Edwards should now have been contacted. Let us know by email if not. Congratulations to the successful ones and commiserations to the unsuccessful.
Original post by NeverLucky
Who knows, I might even ask to switch to CompSci if I enjoy the Computer Science portion of the first year. I'm having a lot of fun learning how to code atm :lol:

Not sure if you know or not, but the Comp Sci option in Part IA NatSci has a reputation for being disproportionately difficult compared to the other courses.
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
All our applicants and pool offers holders at Murray Edwards should now have been contacted. Let us know by email if not. Congratulations to the successful ones and commiserations to the unsuccessful.

Congrats, must've been a long day! Its mostly over now for another year :wink:
What's up with Caius? Haven't got a mail yet (International applicant). Should I still expect one to arrive?
I am honestly a little mad. How hard is it to send an email to tell the outcome? It's not even the letter which would be delayed by the post, it's an EMAIL. I understnd there may be technical issues but idk put something on the website, twitter, warn someway or the other someone? :frown:

I was ready to accept my faith today but apparently it's not the right day..
Thank you for your reply. My son was rejected before interview and wasn't surprised really but would still like to see the official reason. Is it a short list of reasons or do they go into some detail (or dependant on the college he applied to?!) He can't decide whether to reapply if his grades are good enough or just take another offer as it's medicine he's applying for and if you get an offer it's a bit like gold dust! He just prefers the Cambridge course over all the others. At least if he finds out his personal statement was weak rather than it being based on his grades (which he suspects) he can work to improve that if necessary.
Thanks for, as always, giving your time!

No - it's your application. They can;t request feedback (or shouldn't anyway) without your permission. Routinely, though, we send it to them as they best people to communicate the information in a kindly manner.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Congrats, must've been a long day! Its mostly over now for another year :wink:

THAnk you but the real thanks goes to the admissions coordinator and our SLO who have done all the hard work today and since the pool has finished. They're the ones who make sure everything gets out!
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
@jneill Is there any feedback you want from successful applicants for your research and graphmaking?

Not yet. I'll do a trawl of the decisions for my (small) survey and then PM anyone I need to.

But thanks!

@NeverLucky might do though.
Original post by Nicecuppat
Thank you for your reply. My son was rejected before interview and wasn't surprised really but would still like to see the official reason. Is it a short list of reasons or do they go into some detail (or dependant on the college he applied to?!) He can't decide whether to reapply if his grades are good enough or just take another offer as it's medicine he's applying for and if you get an offer it's a bit like gold dust! He just prefers the Cambridge course over all the others. At least if he finds out his personal statement was weak rather than it being based on his grades (which he suspects) he can work to improve that if necessary.
Thanks for, as always, giving your time!

I'm sorry to hear he was unsuccessful. As with everything in Cambridge, feedback content varies by college but if he says that he's thinking about reapplying, he might get a steer about his chances/what he needs to do to be competitive next year. Best of luck to him whatever he decides.
No offer- Pembroke, Medicine
Heard via email
THAnk you but the real thanks goes to the admissions coordinator and our SLO who have done all the hard work today and since the pool has finished. They're the ones who make sure everything gets out!

Very true!

*virtual round of applause*
Original post by NeverLucky
Yeah I don't really care about Princeton anymore hahaha but now I don't really care about MIT either as much. It's probably only Stanford that I'd pick over Cambridge but the chances of getting accepted is close to 0 hahaha. Still need to do the financial aid applications which are actually ridiculous...

Well, I have friends who blew off alumni interviews before :rofl:

Same here, Stanford over other places :tongue:

Original post by Student1256
Thank you, now i definitely know how you felt yesterday...
well there's always next year 😊

:hugs: :console:

honestly for next few days it probably will still sting... but I am going to review all my options at this point and see what's next :smile:

Yep perhaps see you in the 2018 thread then! :smile:
Original post by student73290
What's up with Caius? Haven't got a mail yet (International applicant). Should I still expect one to arrive?

Same situation ^^ it's 7.30 pm, they're not gonna sacrifice dinner time
Original post by chun_ni
Has anyone heard from fitz?

Yeah got a letter in the post from them this morning, they didn't send an email.

Latest

Trending

Trending