The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Rejection from Brasenose for History, received the letter this evening. Really gutted, trying to reassure people that I'm okay but honestly I'm really not. Just feel like a huge disappointment, and feel like I've let everyone down who had their hopes up for me. Feel like I've let myself down too, because I really thought I could do it. Now praying for an offer from St Andrews and hopefully everything will be alright in the end.

Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Have strangely enjoyed this really stressful journey.
Original post by amygracebroad
Rejection from Brasenose for History, received the letter this evening. Really gutted, trying to reassure people that I'm okay but honestly I'm really not. Just feel like a huge disappointment, and feel like I've let everyone down who had their hopes up for me. Feel like I've let myself down too, because I really thought I could do it. Now praying for an offer from St Andrews and hopefully everything will be alright in the end.

Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Have strangely enjoyed this really stressful journey.

:hugs: Coming over from the Cambridge side to send my best to my favourite Oxford applicant :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by amygracebroad

:console: We all thought we could do it at some point or another and that's why we applied :/ So sorry though! :frown:

Maybe I'll see you in St Andrews! :biggrin: Good luck!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
:hugs: Coming over from the Cambridge side to send my best to my favourite Oxford applicant :wink:

Spoiler

:frown: :cry2: Sorry :frown: :hugs: forgive me!
Original post by wolfmoon88
:frown: :cry2: Sorry :frown: :hugs: forgive me!

Perhaps I will, perhaps I will not. You'll have to make it up to me! :angry:
Perhaps I will, perhaps I will not. You'll have to make it up to me! :angry:

:cry2: will definitely make it up to you! :hugs: :yep:
:cry2: will definitely make it up to you! :hugs: :yep:

See that you do. :wink:
See that you do. :wink:

:hugs: :tongue:
Why are Oxford threads so dead compared to Cambridge ones?
Original post by CircleBanana

Cambridge > Oxford

sorry i dont make the rules

Because most of the top posters got rejected yesterday, and we generally don't talk as much
Cambridge > Oxford

sorry i dont make the rules

Suuuuure.

Because most of the top posters got rejected yesterday, and we generally don't talk as much

I see. It feels like ghost town in the Oxford section. They also have a lot more college representatives on here compared to Oxford's only Brasenose.
Suuuuure.

I see. It feels like ghost town in the Oxford section. They also have a lot more college representatives on here compared to Oxford's only Brasenose.

That's true! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: for medicine as well!
That's true! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: for medicine as well!

Thanks! The offer makes me want to not bother attending exams for FM, AFM and Physics :u:.
Thanks! The offer makes me want to not bother attending exams for FM, AFM and Physics :u:.

:rofl: Can you do that? :tongue:
:rofl: Can you do that? :tongue:

Not really sure, but I don't know anyone else that would have to sit 18 exams :rip:. I think I have to since the school is paying for us students to sit exams and bad attendance probably doesn't look good.
Not really sure, but I don't know anyone else that would have to sit 18 exams :rip:. I think I have to since the school is paying for us students to sit exams and bad attendance probably doesn't look good.

:rofl: can you bomb those exams though (better if you do not but just asking :/)
:rofl: can you bomb those exams though (better if you do not but just asking :/)

I'd probably just draw stick figures on each page and try to create a story all the way through with drawings. :laugh:

But at the same time, the workload could prep me for Oxford's barrage of work. :dumbells:
:rofl: Especially in AFM and FM, that will be an interesting exam paper to read :biggrin:

Very true! :tongue:

Spoiler

thank you my dear! Wishing you all the luck in the world :biggrin:

Quick Reply