The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xiuchen
Jealous of ya, wish I was back in Asia sometimes, and sorry about not getting in, but you'll do fine in life anyways!!! Whether you get in oxbridge or not doesn't determine whether you'll be successful at all!

:rofl: hahaha I feel like I'll miss the food the most when I go abroad :yep:

It's ok, I'll live! I mean I never expected much from this process anyways :tongue: it was a good experience. (Dying inside though literally but the sting will pass :smile: and will consider reapplying :wink:)
All my university fears just came spilling out to my dad. Never realised how scared I was of leaving home until I didn't have the option of short terms.
Congrats to everyone who got an offer - seems to be a lot of you on here!
fam I just saw that Murray Edwards has an overnight offer holder's event where there will be (and I quote) "fire-roasted marshmallows and herbal tea in the gardens"!!! !! i was pooled to the cutest college ever apparently. brb dying
Original post by wolfmoon88
:rofl: hahaha I feel like I'll miss the food the most when I go abroad :yep:

It's ok, I'll live! I mean I never expected much from this process anyways :tongue: it was a good experience. (Dying inside though literally but the sting will pass :smile: and will consider reapplying :wink:)

I'm honestly not considering reapplying, because I don't think I'll get along with people younger than me that well, and it'll b weird seeing friends in the year above me lol. Yeah, the sting will pass for sure, don't worry!!! :smile: you'll get other offers, and reapply if its right for you!! :smile:
Original post by Replusz
do you think I should wait for a pembroke email or leave it for tomorrow?

I would just relax. :smile:

Edit: Opps wrong person. But yes just relax for now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rachel58
All my university fears just came spilling out to my dad. Never realised how scared I was of leaving home until I didn't have the option of short terms.
Congrats to everyone who got an offer - seems to be a lot of you on here!

:hugs: :console:
Reply 4166
Turns out I'm a complete idiot...

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January:colondollar:

The letter was simply waiting at my old house...

So looks like I have an offer for maths at Catz then:smile:

@jneill, @vincrows Sorry guys:s-smilie:

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.caths.cam.ac.uk/files/Change%20of%20address.pdf
Any other Clare Medics??
Original post by Xiuchen
I'm honestly not considering reapplying, because I don't think I'll get along with people younger than me that well, and it'll b weird seeing friends in the year above me lol. Yeah, the sting will pass for sure, don't worry!!! :smile: you'll get other offers, and reapply if its right for you!! :smile:

:smile: personally I think in Oxbridge, there will be a lot of people who apply later or earlier so I don't think that will be that big of an issue (friends being a year above is true though but I am pretty young for my year group)

Hahaha I am quite lucky because Oxford is the only rejection I received pretty much. I'll definitely consider all options :smile: Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Replusz
do you think I should wait for a pembroke email or leave it for tomorrow?

At this stage I'd wait for tomorrow. They're either not there or still at it and will send it tonight. Either way an email tonight from you isn't going to change things. Sorry!
Original post by solC

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January:colondollar:

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.caths.cam.ac.uk/files/Change%20of%20address.pdf

Congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by peaches1998
fam I just saw that Murray Edwards has an overnight offer holder's event where there will be (and I quote) "fire-roasted marshmallows and herbal tea in the gardens"!!! !! i was pooled to the cutest college ever apparently. brb dying

FIRE

ROASTED

MARSHMALLOWS

SIGN ME UP

(although i dont like tea so... i will bring a carton of orange juice)
:smile: personally I think in Oxbridge, there will be a lot of people who apply later or earlier so I don't think that will be that big of an issue (friends being a year above is true though but I am pretty young for my year group)

Hahaha I am quite lucky because Oxford is the only rejection I received pretty much. I'll definitely consider all options :smile: Thank you! :smile:

No problem!! :smile:)) Keep your options open, and do what you want! :smile:
Did anyone receive an email from Caius? They were pretty clear on their website about sending emails to international students today.
Original post by Xiuchen
No problem!! :smile:)) Keep your options open, and do what you want! :smile:

That I will do, good luck! hope you receive you response soon :smile:
Reply 4175
Congratulations :biggrin:

Thank you:smile:
Original post by solC

That I will do, good luck! hope you receive you response soon :smile:

Thank you!
Meanwhile memebridge:

15965280_1736074690045298_6200969401823971148_n.png
Reply 4179
Original post by jneill

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending