The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel58
Just sucks. I've worked hard my entire life and now I'm going to end up going to a university that gives out offers to 95% of applicants. What's even the point.

:hugs: will you consider reapplication? maybe that will spur you on? (that's probably going to be my motivation to do well :smile:)

Same here tbh... :/
Original post by sir albert
Congrats! It's just round the corner from my daughter's school.

Sorry if this sounds weird but I probably go to your daughter's school! HR? Or is it one of the other sixth form colleges?
Original post by wolfmoon88
:hugs: will you consider reapplication? maybe that will spur you on? (that's probably going to be my motivation to do well :smile:)

Depends what happens in August. If I get 3 full UMS A-Levels and I'm still thinking about Cambridge, I might but probably not as a gap year has never been my plan.

Got my A* in EPQ today which should cheer me up but all I can think is that even that wasn't good enough.
Original post by Xiuchen
Thats awesome!! I love shanghai (Probably my fav city tbh), its such a lovely city, but its such a shame it is so polluted, I hope the air becomes cleaner in the future!

I actually think Shanghai is quite clean for China! Like I swear I developed asthma in Beijing but Shanghai just seems that bit airy due to that semblance of sea breeze they've got :smile:
Original post by potassiumnitrate
I just replied to the rejection email saying I'd like info on interview score and admissions test

Great, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what happens in August. If I get 3 full UMS A-Levels and I'm still thinking about Cambridge, I might but probably not as a gap year has never been my plan.

Got my A* in EPQ today which should cheer me up but all I can think is that even that wasn't good enough.

Same here (depends what happens in July for me)

If you decide to :smile: join us in next year's thread!

That's a great score though :smile: you should be proud!

What other unis are you considering as options?

Original post by edanski
I actually think Shanghai is quite clean for China! Like I swear I developed asthma in Beijing but Shanghai just seems that bit airy due to that semblance of sea breeze they've got :smile:

Agreed, Shanghai is honestly not that bad (but the pollution flows from Beijing to Shanghai, depending on wind currents and weather...
Original post by edanski

True true, but quite clean for China doesn't really mean clean, SHanghai's air quality is variable, there are days where sensible people avoid out doors because how bad it is... I'm used to the air in Uk now, sometimes I step off the plane in SH and I literally can't breath properly, feel extremely claustrophobic >.<
Original post by C0balt
Congratulations!!! Jesus is lovely. Honestly their formal is better than ours I must say (I only had it once at Jesus but it was pretty good) :tongue: Yeah my friend apparently also made a fool in front of my DoS and got pooled too :lol:

I got a Freddo as an after-dinner chocolate at a Jesus formal. Although apparently their chef is obsessed with putting alcohol in all of their meals (vodka steak, limoncello ice cream etc...)
Original post by student1856
Congratulations and good luck, STEP 3 is a beast.

Thank you.
I am excited and :afraid:
Same here (depends what happens in July for me)

If you decide to :smile: join us in next year's thread!

That's a great score though :smile: you should be proud!

What other unis are you considering as options?

York and Birmingham are my top two but I might look at UCL again.

if you did get full/nearly full marks in your exams, do you think you will reapply?

Because I don't know whether it'd be worth it as the risk of rejection is still definitely there.
Original post by sarcastic-sal
I got a Freddo as an after-dinner chocolate at a Jesus formal. Although apparently their chef is obsessed with putting alcohol in all of their meals (vodka steak, limoncello ice cream etc...)

I didn't know what a Freddo was until I googled it just now...:lol: That's funny, I got Jesus logo mints when I went to mine :tongue: I'm a big fan of alcohol cooked meat...not so much drinking funnily enough :tongue:
1st year natsci at Medwards here - you're not wrong about the cutest college ever, in October we also have 'apple day' when the gardeners and jcr make apple juice and apple crumble and have an apple-themed garden party with the glut of college grown apples!

Oh god that is adorable

Now I need to ace my reinterview
Thank you :smile: you too! :tongue:

[...]

Cuz I am not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwlBxYyjrqM

Lolol! Spot on!

Many congratulations to those of you who are in, commiserations to those who are not and Be Strong to those of you still waiting. I'm a lurker here--not an applicant--but I've been following the thread for months and wish the very best for all of you.
1st year natsci at Medwards here - you're not wrong about the cutest college ever, in October we also have 'apple day' when the gardeners and jcr make apple juice and apple crumble and have an apple-themed garden party with the glut of college grown apples!

aaaaaaahhhhh
(scream of delight, I promise)

Do you mind if I ask you what the social life is like at ME? Is the relative distance from the centre of town noticeable?
Original post by GrétaPanna
Hello guys, could you help me a bit pls?

Got rejected from Pembroke, Architecture. I was pooled, but appearantly no one wanted me :frown: but I hope to improve myself, so I want to ask for feedback. Does anyone know how to request one? I heard that there was a chance I could do it without my school/teacher reading it. Should I just simply email them? Thanks and congrats to all!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, email them and ask them to send it direct to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
York and Birmingham are my top two but I might look at UCL again.

:biggrin: maybe I'll see you in UCL then?

:hugs: all really good choices as well, regroup and think about it for a while :smile:

Original post by potassiumnitrate
if you did get full/nearly full marks in your exams, do you think you will reapply?

Because I don't know whether it'd be worth it as the risk of rejection is still definitely there.

If I got good marks (not necessarily full marks) I will strongly consider reapplication.

Of course the risk of rejection is still there, but in my opinion it would definitely be worth it because although on might get rejected, it is better than not trying at all. If Cambridge is really your dream school, the risk of rejection shouldn't deter any reapplications :smile:
Original post by lawpiglet
Lolol! Spot on!

Many congratulations to those of you who are in, commiserations to those who are not and Be Strong to those of you still waiting. I'm a lurker here--not an applicant--but I've been following the thread for months and wish the very best for all of you.

:smile: it's fitting as well because part of the lyrics says "I am going to get a scholarship to King's College" :tongue: (I know it is Columbia but still)
Reply 4218
Hey everyone - I've been quietly creeping on this thread for the last few months to stop me going crazy through this whole process so thanks for all the sharing and discussion that's been going on!
Original post by czhang1998
YESSS!!!!!! I got it really early (9:08am) in the morning and I posted here really early as well:biggrin: SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

OMG!!! LEICESTER GIRLS TOGETHER!! 🎉🎉 congratulations that's fabulous you've got an offer 😊😊

Latest

Trending

Trending