The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrétaPanna
I plan to do the same and I'm curious of the prospects too: has anyone reapplied?? With what result?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, reapplied this year and got an unconditional. I highly recommend taking a gap year anyway before going off to uni.
Original post by PythagoreanBro
I got a (pool) offer from Medwards for Enineering!

Congrats!
Original post by 04MR17
Delighted to have received an offer of A*AA for Cambridge.

Still probably going to reject it though as I prefer Durham. Although a lot of that preference is taken up at the thought of seeing @CheeseIsVeg in Durham. Where are you up to Cheese?

Congratulations :biggrin: *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by {Jane}
There seems to be a few of us which is nice! Ahh great, what subject?

You love Austen too... oooh. MML (French and Italian) but I love English so keeping my options open in the tripos after year 2
Original post by Rachel58
Just sucks. I've worked hard my entire life and now I'm going to end up going to a university that gives out offers to 95% of applicants. What's even the point.

I totally get you. I honestly thought I had a decent shot at an offer because my interviews went well but I guess not. I've had the weirdest day. So many months of researching Cambridge, visiting, watching vlogs from students and imagining life there. All suddenly stopped. I have that same feeling of "what's even the point of going to another uni?" but I'm just trying to think of the benefits of not going to Cambridge. My other choices are in large cities with more to offer and of course, the workload won't be as stressful. Doesn't really make it any easier though.

Every 10 minutes I've been switching from wanting to cry to suddenly being super rational and optimistic about the whole situation. It was even weirder because it felt like everyone around me was celebrating their offers today. But even our head girl, one of the smartest students, got rejected from Oxford. I don't know, the atmosphere has just been a strange mixture of heightened emotions. Right now, I just feel a bit numb and empty. I'll get over it. You just have to remember that even though Cambridge is treated like some sort of amazing, magical place (and I do still love it, don't get me wrong), it is just another university at the end of the day.

The pessimist in me just sees this as a sign that I'm nowhere near as intelligent or capable as I thought I was and that I should give up on even going to uni or making anything out of my life. But of course you have to take a step back and put that voice into perspective. What about all those ridiculously clever and successful people who graduated from other great unis? They didn't need Oxbridge. In fact, they did just fine without it.

For everyone who got offers, CONGRATULATIONS and I hope you all have an amazing time there! For those who didn't, I know exactly how you're feeling right now and it really isn't the nicest thing to be going through but it'll pass. :hugs:
Original post by C0balt
Congratulations!!! Jesus is lovely. Honestly ltheir formal is better than ours I must say (I only had it once at Jesus but it was pretty good) :tongue: Yeah my friend apparently also made a fool in front of my DoS and got pooled too :lol:

Almost any college's formal is better than yours.....:wink::tongue:
Reply 4246
Any Robinson offer holders?? Wanna make a Facebook group or something?
Original post by {Jane}
There seems to be a few of us which is nice! Ahh great, what subject?

Me too!! I'm BioNatSci!
Original post by btea
Any Robinson offer holders?? Wanna make a Facebook group or something?

Did you get an offer? Congrats! I'm still waiting, no mail or email just yet.
Original post by IcedArizona
I am honestly a little mad. How hard is it to send an email to tell the outcome? It's not even the letter which would be delayed by the post, it's an EMAIL. I understnd there may be technical issues but idk put something on the website, twitter, warn someway or the other someone? :frown:

I was ready to accept my faith today but apparently it's not the right day..

Word.

(Very best of luck for tomorrow. Thinking of you and the others who still haven't heard.)
I GOT AN OFFER!!!

Law at Peterhouse!!!

Oh my god. Insane. :eek3::eek3::eek3:

1468620073146.jpg

I mean, uh, no big deal :pierre:

Spoiler

@jneill
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I GOT AN OFFER!!!

Law at Peterhouse!!!

Oh my god. Insane. :eek3::eek3::eek3:

1468620073146.jpg

I mean, uh, no big deal :pierre:

Spoiler

@jneill

Congratulations :smile:

Now you can live and study in a Pringlehouse :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pamplemousse.
You love Austen too... oooh. MML (French and Italian) but I love English so keeping my options open in the tripos after year 2

haha who doesn't!? Ahh very nice (could have guessed from your username!) I might see you at the offer holder day then, as I think all Arts subjects are in the morning. I'm absolutely buzzing for it I won't lie!
Original post by wolfmoon88
I love Hamilton so much :tongue: :biggrin:

Same :biggrin: :biggrin: 😂😂 favourite song from Hamilton? Mine has to be My Shot :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I don't even know to be honest I change my mind daily 😂 Love them all!! I can (sort of) sing though so I really do enjoy taking a stab at say no to this 😂 Election of 1800, Alexander Hamilton and satisfied are cracking tunes though! My mentor at Durham's summer school knew he choreography for My Shot, it was on her instagram... I was in awe haha!
Original post by NeverLucky
Yep, reapplied this year and got an unconditional. I highly recommend taking a gap year anyway before going off to uni.

Original post by sarcastic-sal
Reapplied (to different college) and got an offer (natsci)

Wow exactly what I wanted to hear. Congrats to you for both getting a place and not giving up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peaches1998
fam I just saw that Murray Edwards has an overnight offer holder's event where there will be (and I quote) "fire-roasted marshmallows and herbal tea in the gardens"!!! !! i was pooled to the cutest college ever apparently. brb dying

Now that sounds amazing. :smile:
Reply 4256
Original post by RotomGuy
Did you get an offer? Congrats! I'm still waiting, no mail or email just yet.

Thanks so much!! Yes, mine came in the post this morning. It seems that quite a few Rob applicants on here haven't heard yet. Maybe it'll be tomorrow now. Don't stress. Best of luck! What subject have you applied to study?
Reply 4257
now officially an offer holder... !! pooled from newnham, offer from fitzwilliam (history) - first girl from my school to have ever been made an offer and second ever so thrilled to bits!!
Original post by solC
Turns out I'm a complete idiot...

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January:colondollar:

The letter was simply waiting at my old house...

So looks like I have an offer for maths at Catz then:smile:

@jneill, @vincrows Sorry guys:s-smilie:

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.caths.cam.ac.uk/files/Change%20of%20address.pdf

Congratulations! Sounds like they didn't make it too clear.
Original post by btea
Thanks so much!! Yes, mine came in the post this morning. It seems that quite a few Rob applicants on here haven't heard yet. Maybe it'll be tomorrow now. Don't stress. Best of luck! What subject have you applied to study?

Computer Science! I do hope it'll be tomorrow, I put the letter not showing up down to postal service.

Latest

Trending

Trending