The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pamplemousse.
any1 else started celebratory (or indeed commiserative) drinking yet :tongue::wink:

Started some empathetic drinking here... (lurker, not applicant)
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Ahh I don't even know to be honest I change my mind daily 😂 Love them all!! I can (sort of) sing though so I really do enjoy taking a stab at say no to this 😂 Election of 1800, Alexander Hamilton and satisfied are cracking tunes though! My mentor at Durham's summer school knew he choreography for My Shot, it was on her instagram... I was in awe haha!

Oooh :tongue: I was just listening to the full soundtrack again :biggrin:

I remember Alexander Hamilton from Miranda's White House preview 2 or 3 years ago and he wrote a musical based on it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4262
Original post by fablereader
Congratulations! Sounds like they didn't make it too clear.

Thanks!

More like I can't read properly:s-smilie:
Original post by nat5
now officially an offer holder... !! pooled from newnham, offer from fitzwilliam (history) - first girl from my school to have ever been made an offer and second ever so thrilled to bits!!

I'm also a Fitz History offer holder - well done! Hope to see you in October!
Original post by pamplemousse.
any1 else started celebratory (or indeed commiserative) drinking yet :tongue::wink:

Ho yus!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Oooh :tongue: I was just listening to the full soundtrack again :biggrin:

I remember Alexander Hamilton from Miranda's White House preview 2 or 3 years ago and he wrote a musical based on it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just awaiting the 30th Jan so I can get tickets for the London performance. I think me and like 6 of my friends will be going, and it might bankrupt me, but it'll be worth it 😂

If I get rejected next week it'll be my participation award, if I get an offer it'll be penance for all the stress this process has kindly given me (as well as a celebratory reward) haha 😂😂
Reply 4266
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
I'm also a Fitz History offer holder - well done! Hope to see you in October!

ooh exciting - congrats to you too!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hahaha upgrade within Cambridge! only going up from here :smile:

that's if i meet my offer though!! ahh

Original post by czhang1998
Ikr I have a headache rnnn!!!!

aw noooo
Original post by Gold-Confetti
I'm just awaiting the 30th Jan so I can get tickets for the London performance. I think me and like 6 of my friends will be going, and it might bankrupt me, but it'll be worth it 😂

If I get rejected next week it'll be my participation award, if I get an offer it'll be penance for all the stress this process has kindly given me (as well as a celebratory reward) haha 😂😂

OMG I forgot Hamilton is going to be going to the West End. I am so jealous Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect in both ways :smile: I am probably going to see Lala Land in the weekend to get over my rejection :tongue:
Original post by peachykeen
that's if i meet my offer though!! ahh

aw noooo

I am sure you will!! :smile:
Original post by GrétaPanna
Wow exactly what I wanted to hear. Congrats to you for both getting a place and not giving up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. If you're seriously considering reapplying, I'd say to make sure you do well in your exams so you exceed the offer requirements in order to stand a chance of being accepted. You don't have to spend a gap year working. It's a fantastic opportunity to take up new hobbies. For example, I started learning violin and guitar. I recently started coding as well. 8 would have never had the time to do all these things when I was studying for my final exams.
Original post by GrétaPanna
Hello guys, could you help me a bit pls?

Got rejected from Pembroke, Architecture. I was pooled, but appearantly no one wanted me :frown: but I hope to improve myself, so I want to ask for feedback. Does anyone know how to request one? I heard that there was a chance I could do it without my school/teacher reading it. Should I just simply email them? Thanks and congrats to all!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear about your rejection. :frown: In Oxford, you can ask for feedback, but I'm not sure about Cambridge. They probably would, though.
Original post by NeverLucky
Thank you. If you're seriously considering reapplying, I'd say to make sure you do well in your exams so you exceed the offer requirements in order to stand a chance of being accepted. You don't have to spend a gap year working. It's a fantastic opportunity to take up new hobbies. For example, I started learning violin and guitar. I recently started coding as well. 8 would have never had the time to do all these things when I was studying for my final exams.

Good encouragement :smile:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I GOT AN OFFER!!!

Law at Peterhouse!!!

Oh my god. Insane. :eek3::eek3::eek3:

1468620073146.jpg

I mean, uh, no big deal :pierre:

Spoiler

@jneill

Told you... :smile:

Congrats spongey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachel58
All my university fears just came spilling out to my dad. Never realised how scared I was of leaving home until I didn't have the option of short terms.

Original post by Rachel58
Just sucks. I've worked hard my entire life and now I'm going to end up going to a university that gives out offers to 95% of applicants. What's even the point.

If it helps, this is almost exactly how I felt this time last year. Take some time to think things through, work hard for your A2 exams and see what happens in August. I could never see myself taking a gap year either, but when I got my results it felt like the natural thing to do. You gain a lot of new life experiences and develop as a person in a way that those who go straight off to university do not. Although Cambridge was a large part of the reason why I took a gap year, if I hadn't received an offer today I wouldn't feel as though it had been a waste of time.
Got an offer! :colondollar:
It seems to me this has been a very good year!
Original post by unknowntsr
Got an offer! :colondollar:

Congratulations :biggrin: the wait was worth it! :tongue:
Original post by Ro5ha
Well done to all those with offers and commiserations to those who didn't get in! Anyone else have an offer for either philosophy or Fitzwilliam college(or both)?

Congrats to you. Daughter has an offer of Music at Fitz.
Original post by fablereader
Sorry to hear about your rejection. :frown: In Oxford, you can ask for feedback, but I'm not sure about Cambridge. They probably would, though.

Yeah Cambridge has feedback too. :smile:

The decision letters from most colleges tell them how to get it. If not, just ask the Admissions Dept at the college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending