The Student Room Group

Latin vs Geography

So I was wondering, how many GCSEs are normal? At my school the normal is 9/10 GCSEs. And I'm taking 11 including one external one. I need to take one more to get to 12, so my choice is Geography vs Latin. I hate both these subjects with a PASSION. However, I mainly hate Geography because of the teachers.
My current choices are
Chemistry
French
History
English Lan
English Lit
RE
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Biology
May I ask why you want to do 12? 9 or 10 GCSEs is fine, I did 10 personally. I don't recommend doing subjects you hate, as you're unlikely to do as well in them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xx_clove
So I was wondering, how many GCSEs are normal? At my school the normal is 9/10 GCSEs. And I'm taking 11 including one external one. I need to take one more to get to 12, so my choice is Geography vs Latin. I hate both these subjects with a PASSION. However, I mainly hate Geography because of the teachers.
My current choices are
Chemistry
French
History
English Lan
English Lit
RE
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Biology

Why do you want to do 12? 10 was the norm in my school.
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
May I ask why you want to do 12? 9 or 10 GCSEs is fine, I did 10 personally. I don't recommend doing subjects you hate, as you're unlikely to do as well in them :smile:

10 is the minimum in our school (unless you do lots of extra curricular) and I want to be so more than the minimum.
My year was a weird one we walked out with 11-14 GCSEs because they decided to scrap some exams and introduce others, but we got the chance for more.

Quick Reply

Latest