The Student Room Group

Why do guys respect promiscuous girls less?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kravence
Are you stupid?

That's what I said lol where did I mention I was talking for anyone else but myself.

Are you stupid?

You literally just quoted where you said it on your comment. Here let me show you

Why should I respect someone who doesn't even have respect for themselves?

THAT'S WHERE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF.

You assume they don't have any respect for themselves just because they are wearing certain clothes. You're are no longer speaking for yourself at that point. Just because someone is wearing clothes that YOU don't respect that does not necessary mean THEY don't respect themselves and you can't speak for them.

You so stupid that you didn't even realise you were talking for someone else.
Reply 41
To be honest if youre attractive in body and behaviour people don't give a hoot if you're promiscuous, they just want to get with you. Conversely if you're less attractive and if you're completely crass it doesn't go down so well. Admittedly there are some double standards and much more horrible language thrown at women.
Reply 42
As shorter the skirt as higher the chance she ain't coming home tonight.
Reply 43
Original post by IFoundWonderland
There is a difference between being promiscuous and disrespectful.

Except that women nowadays associate anyone who is promiscuous as a f**kboy. Women can also be just as disrespectful as men.

And then women complain about "f***boys" equally as much as we complain about whores but suddenly we're the disrespectful ones and theyre the victims.
Just because a girl dresses like a **** doesn't mean she is one, but books generally do tend to be read by their covers
If a boy were to dress/walk/talk/act like a '****boy', then he's gonna get the respect of a '****boy' from girls (which, in most cases is zero), just as a girl who dresses/walks/talks/acts like a **** is going to get the respect that a **** gets from boys: none.

Same goes for either gender's promiscuous types, if they look good then they'll get slept with/pulled/whatevs. But in the end, does any self-respecting person want to actually end up in a relationship with someone who most likely has dozens of ex-one night stands still chatting them up? No.

Plus, this is extreme stereotyping. Sometimes normal girls dress like hoes and sometimes hoes dress normal. All drums down to personality in the end I'd say.
Original post by fergijane88
Just because a girl dresses like a **** doesn't mean she is one

Actually it does. why would someone dress like something they didnt want to be perceived as?

That's like me dressing as a policeman, some people coming up to me and asking me to help them stop a crime, and me saying "Just because I am dressed like a policeman does not mean I am a policeman. How rude of you!"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Stella Rubae
Actually it does. why would someone dress like something they didnt want to be perceived as?

That's like me dressing as a policeman, some people coming up to me and asking me to help them stop a crime, and me saying "Just because I am dressed like a policeman does not mean I am a policeman. How rude of you!"

Read my post properly. I said often yes, a girl dressed as a **** is a ****.
I also said that sometimes, they're not. Maybe they just like the way it looks.
Original post by fergijane88
Read my post properly. I said often yes, a girl dressed as a **** is a ****.
I also said that sometimes, they're not. Maybe they just like the way it looks.

My point is that if you dress like a slut you have to accept you will be treated as one.
My point is that if you dress like a slut you have to accept you will be treated as one.

...Yeah? Never disagreed with that
Original post by patriachalking
Someone who is promiscuous has less self respect and loose morals. In the long term we dont want someone like that who talks about "sexually expressing themselves" when all theyre doing is grabbing the attention of horny men to be our wife.

Sorry, but the whole "I wear make up and dress like a slut to impress myself" is a load of hippy crap from twitter.

Im female and dont even care for sex let alone sleep around. I dont really go out much im introverted. I bodybuild in the gym and like to get a little muscle definition (not too muscular) and if im really honest like to 'show off' my efforts and dedication kind of like a guy with a 'gymbod' would. So i like to wear clothing that shows off my muscle (i know some people dont even like people having muscles) but im proud of my effort even uf othets dont care. I dont care about showing breasts i barely have any anyway lol. Im just saying that not all women who like to show their body want to sleep around.

Well i dont even wear/own dresses/heels and all that my bf is saying that i should but i just like to dress practical as i agree dressingtoo feminine can make women appear as sex objects in a way.
Original post by l'etranger
It's a phenomenon which has come with socially conservative immigrant groups and subsequently fed into low class urban culture, which is why you have horny roadmen who talk about ''baiting out skets''. Growing up, I've literally never encountered this idea that I should be filtering our women based on their sexual past until I started seeing it online, it's so alien to me I find it shocking.

Which socially conservative immigrant groups would this be?
why would I respect someone much if they have little respect for their body. Being a who...."Promiscuous" is nothing to be proud of for either gender. Personally I do not agree with sex outside of a relationship.
Simple.

"A key that can open many locks is a very valuable key. A lock that is opened by many keys is a worthless lock" - Confucius

Lol.

I'm not a guy, but I personally feel like a girl who dresses up clearly to seek attention must have low self esteem, which isn't attractive nor respectful. They're seeking external praises and attention to make up for a lack of confidence, and doing that in any way or form cause me to lose respect for that person.

If a girl just likes to dress a certain way, that's fine. But in most cases I've seen, there is an underlying reason in the subconscious for every choice we make, every preference we have and every action we do. Maybe if she digs a little deeper into her mind, she'll realise that she's actually doing it for a reason other than the one she's deluded herself with.
Why do girls respect promiscuous boys less?
Original post by AperfectBalance
why would I respect someone much if they have little respect for their body. Being a who...."Promiscuous" is nothing to be proud of for either gender. Personally I do not agree with sex outside of a relationship.

I dont get this 'doesnt respect their body' bull. How does wanting and having sex mean that someone doesnt respect their ****ing body lol. Do you think that your male mates who are sleeping around dont respect their body? Lol, I dare you to say this to them they would give you a blank face followed by a facial expression translating to 'wtf'.
what does that mean?

Exactly as I said kids will be kids. :h:
Original post by dmachimar58
I like my women like i like my coffee beans. Thrown into a burlap sack and transported illegally across central america.

You strike me as a man of refined taste.
Reply 58
Original post by dmachimar58
I like my women like i like my coffee beans. Thrown into a burlap sack and transported illegally across central america.

bloody hell mate
get ya tits out for the lads

Quick Reply

Latest