The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got fished by Homerton for Natsci, anyone else got an offer from them?
Original post by GrétaPanna
I plan to do the same and I'm curious of the prospects too: has anyone reapplied?? With what result?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an offer to do Maths last year. Due to bad papers and poor planning I missed my offer horrifically - I only got A*AA (due to one bad stats module in FM) and a 3,2 in STEP. I reapplied to Homerton having spent a lot of time practising for my interview (and obviously working on STEP!) and have just received an S,1 A*A*A offer that I'm confident I'll be able to pull off.

SO even reapplicants in very bad situations can have a good shot! My advice would be email admissions offices and see how they feel about your personal case though. I was told point blank by some colleges that they wouldn't even give me an interview, yet here I am ...
Original post by nat5
now officially an offer holder... !! pooled from newnham, offer from fitzwilliam (history) - first girl from my school to have ever been made an offer and second ever so thrilled to bits!!

Congratulations!
Original post by wolfmoon88
😂😂😂

:biggrin: now you can think about all your options and then decide what to take :yep: Good luck :biggrin:
At this stage AAB from Durham seems the best option if my heart is torn between that and Cambridge. I always have an unconditional from Birmigham in my back pocket is things go horrifically wrong in the next couple of months anyway.
Original post by sir albert
Congrats to you. Daughter has an offer of Music at Fitz.

Fitz is great for music lovers.
They have very active music-related clubs and societies and lovely modern auditorium ....... if your daughter is willing to even more time on music on top of her course assignments! :tongue:
Congratulations for your daughter. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
At this stage AAB from Durham seems the best option if my heart is torn between that and Cambridge. I always have an unconditional from Birmigham in my back pocket is things go horrifically wrong in the next couple of months anyway.

Choose where you think you'll be happiest going to :yep: you have a lot of great options :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by solC
Thanks!

More like I can't read properly:s-smilie:

De rien. :smile: Doesn't matter too much know, since you have the decision now.
Original post by Ro5ha
Well done to all those with offers and commiserations to those who didn't get in! Anyone else have an offer for either philosophy or Fitzwilliam college(or both)?

History at Fitz :biggrin:
Original post by vincrows
Fitz is great for music lovers.
They have very active music-related clubs and societies and lovely modern auditorium ....... if your daughter is willing to even more time on music on top of her course assignments! :tongue:
Congratulations for your daughter. :smile:

Oh please tell me more about Fitz, are they friendly to mathmos?
Original post by unknowntsr
Got an offer! :colondollar:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by MaffsIsFun
I had an offer to do Maths last year. Due to bad papers and poor planning I missed my offer horrifically - I only got A*AA (due to one bad stats module in FM) and a 3,2 in STEP. I reapplied to Homerton having spent a lot of time practising for my interview (and obviously working on STEP!) and have just received an S,1 A*A*A offer that I'm confident I'll be able to pull off.

SO even reapplicants in very bad situations can have a good shot! My advice would be email admissions offices and see how they feel about your personal case though. I was told point blank by some colleges that they wouldn't even give me an interview, yet here I am ...

Well, as a non-UK applicant I have no idea about the grade part :biggrin: but I wish you all the best for the exams and congrats! Inspiring to hear so many people moving on and getting offers! I surely will contact the college (whichever I choose) if my life happens to go that way. I'm not sure what to wish for: getting an offer from my second fav uni, or getting rejected to be able to reapply wholeheartedly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4311
Original post by cogito.
got pooled from Trinity (Wittgenstein was the reason)

Ah fair enough, Wittgenstein is a pretty intense philosopher to bring up in an interview haha
Reply 4312
Congrats to you. Daughter has an offer of Music at Fitz.

Thank you! Very well done to her!
Reply 4313
Original post by nat5
history offer at fitz!!

That's fantastic! Well done and hopefully I'll see you there!
Congrats!... daughter got an offer for Music from Fitzwilliam.

Fantastic, hopefully i will see her at Cambridge!
Original post by agirlontheweb
Sorry if this sounds weird but I probably go to your daughter's school! HR? Or is it one of the other sixth form colleges?

She very nearly went to HR. Finally opted for SPF, just over the bridge.

How did your result go today?
Original post by elephants_
I got fished by Homerton for Natsci, anyone else got an offer from them?

Congrats for the offer!
Reply 4317
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
History at Fitz :biggrin:

Congrats! Hope to see you there!
Original post by cogito.
Oh please tell me more about Fitz, are they friendly to mathmos?

Often known to be the friendliest college ( though almost all colleges claim they are the friendliest) , as for the general atmosphere of the college.
I only know a couple of mathmos there but they seems to have been quite happy there. Never heard them complaining about their college, at least . :wink:

If you'll be at Fitz, you may find this book interesting. It's a SF about a Fitz maths fellow who's body was taken over by an alien. Really lovely (and funny) story even if you're not a Fitz student. :biggrin:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humans-Matt-Haig-x/dp/0857868780
Original post by bbglop
St John's, Architecture.

It's only a 5 min walk from Emmanuel, or 2 min for you Dutch :bike:

Definitely come and visit haha! There'll be stroopwafels (and drop... if you dare :lol:)

Latest

Trending

Trending