The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amygracebroad
Rejection from Brasenose for History, received the letter this evening. Really gutted, trying to reassure people that I'm okay but honestly I'm really not. Just feel like a huge disappointment, and feel like I've let everyone down who had their hopes up for me. Feel like I've let myself down too, because I really thought I could do it. Now praying for an offer from St Andrews and hopefully everything will be alright in the end.

Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Have strangely enjoyed this really stressful journey.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Original post by drriversong
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Love you Ella, and huge congrats on your offer!! <3
Rejection from Brasenose for History, received the letter this evening. Really gutted, trying to reassure people that I'm okay but honestly I'm really not. Just feel like a huge disappointment, and feel like I've let everyone down who had their hopes up for me. Feel like I've let myself down too, because I really thought I could do it. Now praying for an offer from St Andrews and hopefully everything will be alright in the end.

Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Have strangely enjoyed this really stressful journey.

Sorry to hear. :frown: You're not alone; St. Andrews, please have mercy on me. UCL and Durham too, y'all seem rather nice.
Reply 63
Original post by fablereader
I think you should be able to. Are there any links in your email? I had some myself.

I mean from pre-interview rejections, can't remember what the email said (for some strange reason I didn't want to remember it)
Sorry to hear. :frown: You're not alone; St. Andrews, please have mercy on me. UCL and Durham too, y'all seem rather nice.

hopefully they sense we need some pity acceptances! Sorry to hear about your rejection also :frown:

hopefully they sense we need some pity acceptances! Sorry to hear about your rejection also :frown:

Hope to see you both in St Andrews :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I'm recovering, but St. Andrews would really help.
Original post by AfcFob
I mean from pre-interview rejections, can't remember what the email said (for some strange reason I didn't want to remember it)

Apparently you can ask for feedback on why you didn't get an interview, so you probably should be able to. https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/feedback?wssl=1
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hope to see you both in St Andrews :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you will. :smile:
Maybe you will. :smile:

:biggrin: maybe :smile:
Reply 70
In limbo, still waiting to hear back definitively from Oxford, and pondering St. Andrews, Edinburgh, UCL and Durham in the meanwhile... I'm from the US so would appreciate any insights about them. Thanks.
Original post by valgal
In limbo, still waiting to hear back definitively from Oxford, and pondering St. Andrews, Edinburgh, UCL and Durham in the meanwhile... I'm from the US so would appreciate any insights about them. Thanks.

Well, I've applied to St. Andrews, UCL and Durham myself, but haven't visited any of them yet. I'd be quite fine with letting a fellow American know my experiences when I do, though! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by valgal

Omg I have applied to all of those unis (in the UK we have five choices)! Edinburgh and St Andrews are great for contextual offers and Durham is "Oxbridge 2.0" but UCL is the creme de la creme! It's an amazing uni and if I weren't going to Oxford then I would have firmed UCL! Good luck :h:
Reply 73
Original post by drriversong
Omg I have applied to all of those unis (in the UK we have five choices)! Edinburgh and St Andrews are great for contextual offers and Durham is "Oxbridge 2.0" but UCL is the creme de la creme! It's an amazing uni and if I weren't going to Oxford then I would have firmed UCL! Good luck :h:

Thanks for the info! I also applied to five UK schools through UCAS (and to some US schools, but those don't respond till end of March.) I plan to read English Lit & French. I received unconditional offers from St. Andrews, Edinburgh & Durham, but haven't heard back from UCL yet. And still waiting to know for sure what is happening with Oxford... Got a vague letter from Magdalen yesterday about another college still considering an offer and to email them if I haven't heard anything by the 15th, but then nothing since then, which doesn't bode well...
Reply 74
Well, I've applied to St. Andrews, UCL and Durham myself, but haven't visited any of them yet. I'd be quite fine with letting a fellow American know my experiences when I do, though! :smile:

I haven't visited any of them either, just Oxford for the interviews. I love London, so that's a big plus for UCL. Would like to hear what you think when you go!
Has anyone else not received any decisions yet? I'm a big mess right now
Original post by valgal
I haven't visited any of them either, just Oxford for the interviews. I love London, so that's a big plus for UCL. Would like to hear what you think when you go!

I'll probably post some experiences here (because I still love Oxford, and am technically the starter, so I'll linger).
Original post by mazzaion
Has anyone else not received any decisions yet? I'm a big mess right now

Have you checked spam? It's probably too late tonight, but if you haven't gotten it tomorrow maybe consider calling.
Reply 78
I'll probably post some experiences here (because I still love Oxford, and am technically the starter, so I'll linger).

I'll keep a lookout for them! Did you apply to schools in the US as well?
Have you checked spam? It's probably too late tonight, but if you haven't gotten it tomorrow maybe consider calling.

It's meant to be a letter... I already emailed Brasenose and they said they'd email me the decision tomorrow if it still didn't come... The post can't be that slow though, I've received other letters since!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending