The Student Room Group

A- Level Chemistry

I'm struggling with Chemistry (I'm an A2 student) and I just can't understand any A2 Chem and can barely remember AS Chem- I mainly struggle with:
Rates of reactions
Equilibrium
Carbonyls
And well the whole of modules 3&4
Any tips, links? I don't want to fail 😩
Original post by Wonder_land
I'm struggling with Chemistry (I'm an A2 student) and I just can't understand any A2 Chem and can barely remember AS Chem- I mainly struggle with:
Rates of reactions
Equilibrium
Carbonyls
And well the whole of modules 3&4
Any tips, links? I don't want to fail 😩

What is it exactly you're struggling with? Is it just the content or answering the questions?
It's ******** man, you can't blag it like you do with Maths, Physics, Further maths etc - it'll be a solid slog of memorisation at the end of the day, which I think is pretty poor for an A Level. Obviously you have to understand the content too, but in other subjects understanding and applying will get you top grades - in A2 chem the swots who revise all day and have no life achieve, because it's a memory test
Nahhh, if you "get" maths then those subjects are easy to get high grades in
Reply 4
Original post by milutin767
What is it exactly you're struggling with? Is it just the content or answering the questions?

ALL of that. Tbh I don't think I understand any chemistry - I pretty much scraped a D last year and can't seem to remember any content - Especially REAGANTS AND CONDITIONS
Original post by Wonder_land
ALL of that. Tbh I don't think I understand any chemistry - I pretty much scraped a D last year and can't seem to remember any content - Especially REAGANTS AND CONDITIONS

I think you should really start from scratch. I recommend watching 'machemguy' on youtube that's how I got from a D at AS to an A at A2. Reagents and conditions is not rocket science it's just memorising information, just write it on the wall of your room or something. Better focus on important bits like mechanisms in Organic and maths concepts in Inorganic.. Also this might help for memorising conditions:
https://twitter.com/MaChemGuy/status/798292533730127872 just write it on the lines and you should be able to remember it from the top of your head by June. :smile:

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest