The Student Room Group

gcse grades

I want to study dentistry at university and I am currently studying my a-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I have 9 A*-C in my GCSE'S but i have a C in english language and most universities require a B in english language. i have resat my english language paper in november however, i got the same result. i have thought about resitting again in june but it will be a new specification and will be hard to learn all the content in less than 4 months. I do not know what to do or whether i have the slightest chance in getting accepted for dentistry. i am on the reach for excellence scheme with leeds uni and have done lots of voluteering and am currently doing work experience in a dentist.
Original post by GNHD
I want to study dentistry at university and I am currently studying my a-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I have 9 A*-C in my GCSE'S but i have a C in english language and most universities require a B in english language. i have resat my english language paper in november however, i got the same result. i have thought about resitting again in june but it will be a new specification and will be hard to learn all the content in less than 4 months. I do not know what to do or whether i have the slightest chance in getting accepted for dentistry. i am on the reach for excellence scheme with leeds uni and have done lots of voluteering and am currently doing work experience in a dentist.

You don't need to sit a different specification in June, there is one more resit opportunity on the old specification. Just get your teeth into your studies and I'm sure you will find you won't have bitten off more than you can chew.
Original post by GNHD

Since communication is so important during a dental career, id resit it asap
Reply 3
Original post by Mr M
You don't need to sit a different specification in June, there is one more resit opportunity on the old specification. Just get your teeth into your studies and I'm sure you will find you won't have bitten off more than you can chew.

are you sure i will have another resit oppurtunity for the old spec? because i have been told november was the last opputunity.
Reply 4
Original post by vayneplayer
Since communication is so important during a dental career, id resit it asap

what would you do if that wasnt an option?
Original post by GNHD
what would you do if that wasnt an option?

They wont give you an interview without it, id recommend actually phoning a university that you are aspiring to go to and ask them
Reply 6
Original post by vayneplayer
They wont give you an interview without it, id recommend actually phoning a university that you are aspiring to go to and ask them

yeah i have been thinking of doing that but i have no clue on what to say to them
Reply 7
Original post by GNHD
are you sure i will have another resit oppurtunity for the old spec? because i have been told november was the last opputunity.

No, Summer 2017 is the last opportunity for resits. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Echo00
No, Summer 2017 is the last opportunity for resits. Good luck. :smile:

is that resits for the old specification or the new one? thank you:smile:))
Original post by GNHD

Yes I'm sure. I was active in the campaign to get you a second chance. You can thank me later.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/528213/Decisions_on_resits_of_legacy_subjects.pdf

And you didn't even remark upon my dentistry gags.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M
Yes I'm sure. I was active in the campaign to get you a second chance. You can thank me later.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/528213/Decisions_on_resits_of_legacy_subjects.pdf

And you didn't even remark upon my dentistry gags.

Yeah im aware about the resit opportunity but is it for the previous specification that i sat in summer 2016
And ahhahahah sorry i didnt pay much attention to it but it was a good one
Reply 11
Original post by GNHD
Yeah im aware about the resit opportunity but is it for the previous specification that i sat in summer 2016

I did say last opportunity so yes, of course, it's the old specification. :smile:
Original post by GNHD

If you read the link I provided you will see the words 'legacy' - this means your old spec.

Quick Reply

Latest