The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xiuchen
Thats awesome!! I love shanghai (Probably my fav city tbh), its such a lovely city, but its such a shame it is so polluted, I hope the air becomes cleaner in the future!

It was a cool city yeah, the first thing I noticed was how completely different two adjacent streets could look haha
Original post by sir albert
She very nearly went to HR. Finally opted for SPF, just over the bridge.

How did your result go today?

Ah cool I have a few friends there!

I was successful, got an offer for Classics at King's! :h: And your daughter?
Original post by .Kate.
Oh my goodness congratulations!!! What date was your interview - wonder if we met each other as I've applied for the exact same course and college but with still no
reply!!:smile:

I was on the second day of interviews so I think the Wednesday, we might of... I was the one who complained how badly my first interview went! Hope the reply was good :smile:
Original post by elephants_
I got fished by Homerton for Natsci, anyone else got an offer from them?

I got fished by Homerton too; maths
Congratulations to all offer holders - especially Fitz people! I am a current 1st Year Lawyer at Fitz and am happy to answer any College-related questions you may have, I remember being unsure about a lot when I got my offer. Enjoy today guys!
Original post by nat5
now officially an offer holder... !! pooled from newnham, offer from fitzwilliam (history) - first girl from my school to have ever been made an offer and second ever so thrilled to bits!!

Huge congratulations!

My daughter also on offer from Fitz (music).
Original post by CallumS9999
What course and college?!

MML @ Robinson!! What course are you?
Up there with the worst days of my life :frown: The only person out of three to be rejected from Oxbridge, and I was the only one with straight As at AS level so I must have done terribly in the interview. Pooled by Girton and then rejected, feels awful - let so many people down! Utterly embarrassed to be honest, to Durham/York law I go!
Original post by legoody
Congratulations to all offer holders - especially Fitz people! I am a current 1st Year Lawyer at Fitz and am happy to answer any College-related questions you may have, I remember being unsure about a lot when I got my offer. Enjoy today guys!

What's it like getting from Fitz to the Sidgewick site? Is the location of Fitz that much of a problem? I've heard its actually not too bad getting into Town, especially if you're on a bike.
Original post by Ruthie2267
OMG!!! LEICESTER GIRLS TOGETHER!! 🎉🎉 congratulations that's fabulous you've got an offer 😊😊

YASSSSS!!! We have to meet each other before going to Camb hahaha!! Congrats to you too !!!!
Reply 4330
Emerging from stalking the thread to say I got an offer for Theology! I was pooled to Sidney Sussex and don't know anything about it! Anyone have any ideas?!

Congrats to everyone either for getting this far or for getting an offer! It's been a tough few months :smile:
Original post by Oddwatermelon
Up there with the worst days of my life :frown: The only person out of three to be rejected from Oxbridge, and I was the only one with straight As at AS level so I must have done terribly in the interview. Pooled by Girton and then rejected, feels awful - let so many people down! Utterly embarrassed to be honest, to Durham/York law I go!

Never ever be embarrassed by yourself!!!! You are doing great, keep up the hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniilS
Definitely come and visit haha! There'll be stroopwafels (and drop... if you dare :lol:)

Sorry, forgot to say earlier but congrats on your offer!!
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
What's it like getting from Fitz to the Sidgewick site? Is the location of Fitz that much of a problem? I've heard its actually not too bad getting into Town, especially if you're on a bike.

The whole 'Fitz being out of town' thing is a bit misleading - perhaps by Cambridge standards we are a bit further away, but you have to remember that is compared to the central colleges. At almost any other University our location would be considered very much central.

To Sidgwick its roughly 10-15 minutes walking quite leisurely; on the bike it can be as little as 4-5 if you are really going for it. Into town, it is perhaps a 6-10 minute walk or really quite short cycle, perhaps 2-3 minutes as it is downhill.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
Almost any college's formal is better than yours.....:wink::tongue:

Hey it's not bad ok.... Just some room for improvement....
Original post by vincrows
Fitz is great for music lovers.
They have very active music-related clubs and societies and lovely modern auditorium ....... if your daughter is willing to even more time on music on top of her course assignments! :tongue:
Congratulations for your daughter. :smile:

Vincrows, many thanks for the info and for your kind words. Also for your support to all the applicants on here. Is very much appreciated.
I'm an international student that applied for law at Downing. I still haven't received an email, is this normal?? Pleas respond I'm stressing out.
Original post by Oddwatermelon

Sorry to hear. :frown: I hope you get better, and you enjoy whichever uni you go to.
Original post by wolfmoon88
OMG I forgot Hamilton is going to be going to the West End. I am so jealous Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect in both ways :smile: I am probably going to see Lala Land in the weekend to get over my rejection :tongue:

Aw man I am so hyped, but apparently the cheap tickets are gonna be like £85 and I need to travel down from Newcastle and probably stay with family or fork out even more for a hotel. Why do the good things in life evade me so?

Hey that's as good a way as any! Just remember, the uni you go to doesn't stop you being successful, it just aids in a process you already started- that's what I'll be telling myself if I'm rejected. 😊
Original post by VL100
Emerging from stalking the thread to say I got an offer for Theology! I was pooled to Sidney Sussex and don't know anything about it! Anyone have any ideas?!

Congrats to everyone either for getting this far or for getting an offer! It's been a tough few months :smile:

Congratulations!

Latest

Trending

Trending