The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone :smile: Congrats to all of you with offers :smile: For those who didn't get one...I don't know if this will help but, when I was doing my A levels I didn't do so great and ended up at RG uni, but things got better and i started to work super hard and eventually got accepted into Oxford for my MSc. It isn't the end of the world, you guys are only 17/18 , and have yet so much to achieve.

Best Wishes.
Original post by NeverLucky
Sorry, forgot to say earlier but congrats on your offer!!

Thank you! and NEVER scare me like that again hahaha
Original post by VL100
Emerging from stalking the thread to say I got an offer for Theology! I was pooled to Sidney Sussex and don't know anything about it! Anyone have any ideas?!

Congrats to everyone either for getting this far or for getting an offer! It's been a tough few months :smile:

They have Cromwell's head at SS. If that's not enough to make you deliriously happy i don't know what is.
Original post by daniilS
It was a cool city yeah, the first thing I noticed was how completely different two adjacent streets could look haha

Yeah!!! In SHanghai its a combination of old and new poor and rich young and old etc, its all very interesting!
Original post by feb_baby
Did you apply to law at trinity hall?? I received a law offer this morning :-)

Yes. Looks like we'll be there together! What day were you interviewed?
Original post by Xiuchen
Yeah!!! In SHanghai its a combination of old and new poor and rich young and old etc, its all very interesting!

Yup! Though I've probably seen very little of it in the short time I was there hahaha
Original post by {Jane}
I got an offer for English at Newnham! It came in at 11am but my day's been so busy and exciting I've only just come online (and attempted to scroll and catch up with everyone's outcomes!)

@Ruthie2267 @Chedda I saw you guys both got offers from Newnham too (Hi! And CONGRATULATIONS!) Will you be going to the offer holder day?

Thank you congrats to you too!! I'm definitely going! Arts students in the morning yeah?
Do you think we should revitalise the Newnham thread now we know who's got offers? Or we can make a new one? It'd be nice to find other Newnhamites especially those on our courses :redface:

Edit: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4503886&p=69542692#post69542692

I'm on mobile so I can't tag but if anyone knows any Newnhamites let them know I've made this thread! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Replusz
when did you get that email?
is embroke admission still working????
i am sorry to hear.... you will be great somewhere else i am sure!!!

It was about 6 pm. Thank you and good luck
Original post by daniilS
Yup! Though I've probably seen very little of it in the short time I was there hahaha

I see :smile: HOw long have u studied Chinese btw? And you study mandarin right?
Original post by jneill
I have *some* respect for them... :smile:

:p::h:
Any Robinson people waiting for a letter tomorrow?
Original post by fablereader
Sorry to hear. :frown:

Thank you for your condolences x
Original post by olijarl

Yep... Just gonna sleep this one off
Original post by olijarl

Yep. Another day of refreshing the emails!
Hey @Murray Edwards Admissions,
I hope you don't mind me asking but as you were involved in the Economics pool meeting would you mind telling me (if you can remember) how you considered people who had already achieved A Levels (e.g. Maths for me). I'm just feeling a bit hard done by my offer of effectively A* (achieved) + A*A*A (even taking my maths AEA at distinction into account). Was it unusual in your meetings to suggest a lower than A*A*A offer if a candidate had already achieved an A Level or could my high offer be an indication of a little less certainty of whether I had made a worthy application... I would really appreciate your answer. Thank you.
Original post by Xiuchen
I see :smile: HOw long have u studied Chinese btw? And you study mandarin right?

Yes I am! Been studying it for about four years now, though the programme in school sucks balls so I've been on-and-off self studying it for about two years now, which has helped me achieve an okayish level of reading but I'm still terrible at speaking :lol:
Guys please reply, is it normal if I haven't heard back yet??
Original post by timb1999
Guys please reply, is it normal if I haven't heard back yet??

Some colleges are having technical difficulties with emails, and some letters haven't been delivered due to local postal service.

Letters should definitely arrive tomorrow and emails should too.
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
What's it like getting from Fitz to the Sidgewick site? Is the location of Fitz that much of a problem? I've heard its actually not too bad getting into Town, especially if you're on a bike.

I know three people who chose fitz precisely because their departments are at sidgwick and they couldn't ride a bike. It's in an easily walkable distance.
And Only 15 min walk down castle hill to the town centre.

Edit:
Actually just remembered one of them was at Churchill, not fitz. But they're next to each other, so......:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest