The Student Room Group

What should i write

Hiya :biggrin:

BASICALLY I'm typing an email individually to doctors and staff who work at a hospital to enquire about the possibility of shadowing them. What should I include? I added an introduction of myself, my a levels, why I like those a levels, why I want to study medicine...

Is that too much? Should I remove anything? Should I add anything? These doctors don't know me at all and I know for sure they would be incredibly busy so I would like to give them a good impression.

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
Personality! A massive factor is simply being a likeable person.
Lots of advice here on Applying for Medicine - including Work Experience - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine
Original post by JooW
Personality! A massive factor is simply being a likeable person.

Soooo how do I incorporate that into my email? My hobbies and interests? Volunteering etc?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
Tell them how you make a mean cup of tea!

I've never made tea in my life LOL
Reply 5
Original post by geniequeen48
I've never made tea in my life LOL

Yikes, don't let the doctors read that. Although you might be able to get in with a dentist since they don't drink teeth staining drinks
Original post by zayn008
Yikes, don't let the doctors read that. Although you might be able to get in with a dentist since they don't drink teeth staining drinks

I can bake cake instead lol if they want me to bake for them to get on the good side.
Reply 7
Original post by geniequeen48
Soooo how do I incorporate that into my email? My hobbies and interests? Volunteering etc?

Yeah! But don't just list them all as such; try and connect your hobbies and interests with medicine and why your hobbies and interests would allow you to work well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending