The Student Room Group

YEAR 10 GCSE Choices

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know what GCSE's did you choose to take and why?

Also did anything influence you to make that decision or choice?
Original post by FMJC
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know what GCSE's did you choose to take and why?

Also did anything influence you to make that decision or choice?

Hi,
I'm in college now but in secondary, I chose Media Studies and Catering as my GCSE options. I chose media studies because the course looked really good. I was able to learn how to use different editing and design software, create professional looking adverts and trailers, understand the influence on media, etc. I chose catering because I love cooking and my friends were going to choose that one too. I wanted to choose art because I want to develop my skills but I didn't get along with the teacher who would be teaching it so I dismissed that. Which was stupid because she left not long after.
I didn't know what I wanted to be in the future so I didn't think about GCSEs that would influence my options in college and so on.

I think the thing that influenced me the most was my peers. I wanted to be in classes that I knew my friends would be in, and not knowing what I wanted to be, I just picked ones I knew they were picking too.

If you're picking your GCSEs, think about what you'd like to do in the future. It doesn't have to be an explicit plan but at least an idea of a career path.

Quick Reply

Latest