The Student Room Group

Article: 4 simple steps to start your A* journey

So, the new year is here, and the fun festive period is over. It's finally time to at least start thinking about your exams and revision. Read on to discover 4 easy things to do to get that ball rolling...

You can view the page at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=27590-4-simple-steps-to-start-your-A*-journey
Revision sucks
Original post by LisaNikita
Revision sucks

I agree!:redface: Wish it could be fun...:tongue:
[quote] What are your tips for getting ready for the exam rush? Is it too early to start revising ye, or did you start months ago? Let us know in the comments below! [/quote

Typo in the last line. Ye should be yet
What's a good way to revise A Level Maths? Maths is the subject i find the hardest to revise for because I like making notes as revision and I feel like I can't really do that for maths. I mainly use past papers
[QUOTE="Michael_Fishy;69530336"]
What are your tips for getting ready for the exam rush? Is it too early to start revising ye, or did you start months ago? Let us know in the comments below! [/quote

Typo in the last line. Ye should be yet

I don't think it's too early this is the time start revising because when I was doing GCSEs it wen fast from January. Time flies
Reply 6
Original post by horsewithnoname
What's a good way to revise A Level Maths? Maths is the subject i find the hardest to revise for because I like making notes as revision and I feel like I can't really do that for maths. I mainly use past papers

Using past papers is very convenient as it helps you practise. What I personally do which I find very useful is that I do past papers and then if I struggle to answer a specific I would highlight it and write down tips on how to correctly do it ( from the internet or from your teacher) so when you encounter a similar question, you could just look back and when you do revision for exams, you could just scheme through your notes and look those up :smile:))
I started my revision in my first day of Year 11, I feel very confidence in some subject and I will focus now a lot in the subject that I'm struggling. 😉🙈
Original post by horsewithnoname

I do AS maths and I watch exam solutions videos- do a few questions from the textbook and I am planning to do ALL the past papers!:smile: Oh and for edexcel DEFINITELY do the solomon papers!!! Physics and maths tutor is a FANTASTIC websites, with solution banks for the textbook (edexcel),loads of past paers and solomon papers!:smile: Lol I think maths is actually the easiest to revise for as it requires less effort in revision (for me) than my other subjects...:tongue:
Original post by mosisgansta
I started my revision in my first day of Year 11, I feel very confidence in some subject and I will focus now a lot in the subject that I'm struggling. 😉🙈

Wow congrats on being SO motivated!:smile: I did my GCSE's last year and just crammed the night before, or just couldn't be bothered to revise at all!:tongue:
What did you get in your GCSE's sunshine774?
Sex is more important than grades
For my GCSEs I didn't start revision until April and with a bit of motivation and time management I was fine :smile: starting your revision earlier won't necessarily mean you learn more, it's about your revision techniques and how effective you are at learning what you need to know :smile:
What is the best way to revise GCSE English(AQA) literature and language??
What is the easiest and also effective way to study sociology at A level. I find it hard to get a techniques and it hardly seems to be working for me.

Can anyone help me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending