The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Damn... Still can't believe I got in...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reaver Daniels

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you doing and which college? :smile:
Offer from King's for Engineering ^_^ I found out this morning and I still can't believe it

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too, I feel like I'm going to wake up from this dream at any moment
Original post by physicsmaths
Is everyone nervous for tmmrw then good luck

right on time
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
All our applicants and pool offers holders at Murray Edwards should now have been contacted. Let us know by email if not. Congratulations to the successful ones and commiserations to the unsuccessful.

Hi, I'm an international applicant for A100 at Murray Edwards but I haven't been contacted. Was your earlier post directed at home applicants only?
really unsure whether to accept my open offer as I've been feeling pretty devastated all day about the situation - it's been a pretty emotional day with lots of crying and feeling very down atm. perhaps feeling like I fluked my way into an offer as no one wanted me from the pool and I'm moreso feeling depresssed at the moment about my boyfriend/best friend who I love dearly being rejected. I'm aware relationships mostly don't last at this age and feelings are probably oversxaggeeated but any happiness I would've felt at getting an offer seems to have died pretty much instantly and I've found myself having to convince myself I should be pleased about getting an offer. I'm wondering whether I would be happier learning French, Spanish and Russian at Warwick instead of just French and Spanish at Cambridge. The happiest I've been all day is when I heard the pride and happiness in my family's voices on the phone. I'd love to make them proud by being the first in my family to go to university - which could be Cambridge! - but I can't really sleep and I'm having serious doubts.
Original post by glimmers
really unsure whether to accept my open offer as I've been feeling pretty devastated all day about the situation - it's been a pretty emotional day with lots of crying and feeling very down atm. perhaps feeling like I fluked my way into an offer as no one wanted me from the pool and I'm moreso feeling depresssed at the moment about my boyfriend/best friend who I love dearly being rejected. I'm aware relationships mostly don't last at this age and feelings are probably oversxaggeeated but any happiness I would've felt at getting an offer seems to have died pretty much instantly and I've found myself having to convince myself I should be pleased about getting an offer. I'm wondering whether I would be happier learning French, Spanish and Russian at Warwick instead of just French and Spanish at Cambridge. The happiest I've been all day is when I heard the pride and happiness in my family's voices on the phone. I'd love to make them proud by being the first in my family to go to university - which could be Cambridge! - but I can't really sleep and I'm having serious doubts.

Congratulations on your offer. Try not to feel like it was a fluke - Cambridge think about a lot of different factors before making their final decisions. Getting an open offer means that your application will have been reviewed by a rather large number of people, all of whom considered you (to a greater or lesser extent) to be worthy of a place.

Don't feel the need to rush the decision making; remember you don't have to decide anything until May.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by edanski
I GOT AN OFFER FOR HISTORY AT EMMANUEL I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: big thanks to @jneill for all the help and guidance through the process! I can't belive it! @domaths @daniilS @CallumS9999 other emma people how's it gone? :smile:

my friend got into Emma for English!
Congrats to you all!!
Any Jesus College applicants here? I am an international student applying to Natsci but still haven't heard anything (no email or letter) from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
right on time

Like ur birth
Original post by edanski
What you doing and which college? :smile:

HSPS St Catz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile