The Student Room Group

MPhil Finance / Finance & Economics 2017 Entry

Hello ! I've applied in December to both MPhil Finance and MPhil Finance and Economics. My applications are still under consideration - just wanted to share with you guys the process, and maybe I would be more than happy to know in which stage of the process are you? Which uni? Good luck to everyone ! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I applied to MPhil Finance and Economics too in late November! Still under department consideration, don't think I'll hear back till Feb. Which unis did you apply to? Good luck with your application! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hi ! I'm under consideration by degree committee for the MPhil Fin&Eco, but not sure what that means ! Which uni do you go to? I'm in UCL and applied to LSE and Cambridge only. Do you mind sharing your profile? Which unis did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by jjhhbb
Hi ! I'm under consideration by degree committee for the MPhil Fin&Eco, but not sure what that means ! Which uni do you go to? I'm in UCL and applied to LSE and Cambridge only. Do you mind sharing your profile? Which unis did you apply to? :smile:

What a coincidence! Im at UCL also only applying to LSE and Cambridge. Achieved First in year 1 and 2, did a spring week and summer internship in finance. How bout u?
From what I'm aware of under consideration by dept is automatic, only when it's changed to BOGS then it means you'll receive an offer. Hope it helps :smile:
Reply 4
That's funny! What do you study at UCL? I also had First, and did two summer internships in Finance and secured one for this summer. Ok let's cross fingers and wait then :wink: Thanks !
BSc Econ :smile: i got an offer yesterday through camsis but havent received the official email yet.

Nice profile congrats on securing one this summer! I haven't applied to any this year. I've got a job secured for 2017 so I might ask if I can start in 2018 instead :smile:
Reply 6
Congrats ! Amazing news ! So you've got an offer even though your status was "under consideration by department"? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks! When I got the offer my status changed to 'Conditional Offer Made'. Also just got the confirmation email - it took a day for me to receive it after my camsis status changed. Good luck, hope we can be course mates again :smile:
Reply 8
Congrats again ! Yes I hope too ! What is the condition for the offer? :smile:
First overall and final year 70% average
Just went to BOGS for MPhil F and E. I am round the corner from you UCL folks, 1st honours BSc Financial Economics at Birkbeck UoL. I'm sweating a lot right now.
Nice profile! Best of luck hope you hear some good news soon! :smile:
Original post by lovelondonlife
Nice profile! Best of luck hope you hear some good news soon! :smile:

Thanks! How long was your transition from BOGS to offer?
Original post by DCRsilver
Just went to BOGS for MPhil F and E. I am round the corner from you UCL folks, 1st honours BSc Financial Economics at Birkbeck UoL. I'm sweating a lot right now.

Congratulation! When did you apply?
Original post by Hope668899
Congratulation! When did you apply?

Thanks. I applied first week September, references in by about mid September. So basically as early as possible.
PS I also applied for MPhil Finance - did anyone else notice MPhil finance is roughly £8000 cheaper than MPhil F & E?? Can't believe the business school is so much cheaper...
D

PS I also applied for MPhil Finance - did anyone else notice MPhil finance is roughly £8000 cheaper than MPhil F & E?? Can't believe the business school is so much cheaper...

What's the status of your application for MPhil Finance? Does BOGS mean a final offer? Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hope668899
D

What's the status of your application for MPhil Finance? Does BOGS mean a final offer? Thanks.

Still under consideration by department. For Econ bogs has always led to offer shortly after if you look at past threads. So here's hoping...
Thanks! How long was your transition from BOGS to offer?

I didnt notice the transition - my camsis status just changed from consideration by department to conditional offer.
Original post by jjhhbb
Hello ! I've applied in December to both MPhil Finance and MPhil Finance and Economics. My applications are still under consideration - just wanted to share with you guys the process, and maybe I would be more than happy to know in which stage of the process are you? Which uni? Good luck to everyone ! :smile:

Do you have any update then? I applied MPhil Finance and Economics in mid December, but still under consideration

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending