The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
u don't have friends

Zacken can u rep me before i go
Original post by wolfmoon88
fam, timezones bruv... man sleep

Is it something to do with the hemisphere. Or is hemisphere a subspace of the atmosphere
Original post by physicsmaths
Ok bye guys see yu on the next decisions day
Bye zacken and moonboy love u

Bruv I see you all the time on here, will see ya around anyways... it ain't just decision day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bruv I see you all the time on here, will see ya around anyways... it ain't just decision day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will u see me around tho
Will u
Original post by physicsmaths
Will u see me around tho
Will u

Not in person, but on tsr, I see ya sometimes
Original post by mygirl63
Still no email or letter from Trinity Hall for HSPS - anyone else still waiting to hear from them?

Are you an international student? I am, got an email from trinity Hall yesterday at 9 am England time
Original post by Student1256
Are you an international student? I am, got an email from trinity Hall yesterday at 9 am England time

Yo man, you gonna join me in the 2018 thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo man, you gonna join me in the 2018 thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you changing over to Cambridge? And yes sir. I was so depressed yesterday I couldn't even come on here because it reminded me of how everyone else got in and I didn't, but now I feel better.
Original post by Student1256
Are you changing over to Cambridge? And yes sir. I was so depressed yesterday I couldn't even come on here because it reminded me of how everyone else got in and I didn't, but now I feel better.

I am still deciding :/ so I will post my info in both threads. (tbh I cannot go on the Oxford website to do further research without feeling disappointment so leaning towards Cambridge rn)

I am glad that you are feeling better now :smile: :hugs: the sting is already starting to fade away for me. Just got to keep swimming :smile:
Original post by domaths
Hey @Murray Edwards Admissions,
I hope you don't mind me asking but as you were involved in the Economics pool meeting would you mind telling me (if you can remember) how you considered people who had already achieved A Levels (e.g. Maths for me). I'm just feeling a bit hard done by my offer of effectively A* (achieved) + A*A*A (even taking my maths AEA at distinction into account). Was it unusual in your meetings to suggest a lower than A*A*A offer if a candidate had already achieved an A Level or could my high offer be an indication of a little less certainty of whether I had made a worthy application... I would really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Hello there. Offer levels aren't discussed in the poolside meetings as they are a matter for colleges to decide.

The issue of how to offer to people presenting with Maths and FM in a subject where maths is important is a tricky one because of the way that different schools handle the subject.

Some get their students to do all of Maths in Year 12 (or sometimes Year 11 as well), while others will do half of Maths and 3 modules in FM. Others still will do 5 Maths modules and maybe FP1 leaving only Core 4 to be taken.

The fairest way of dealing with this is the toughest, which is effectively to ignore the Maths result and offer on FM. There is a general sense that we want, if possible, to see the offer level achieved in a single year. This is the attitude of a lot of colleges so you shouldn't feel that you're application is being especially singled out for a tougher offer.

I hope that explains thing a bit and congratulations on the offer. :smile:
I'll find out today then.. :frown: hopefully Caius remembers their internationals haha
Original post by IcedArizona
I'll find out today then.. :frown: hopefully Caius remembers their internationals haha

Good luck :smile: I am sure it will be ok! :biggrin:
Original post by Strumdumdum
Hi, I'm an international applicant for A100 at Murray Edwards but I haven't been contacted. Was your earlier post directed at home applicants only?

It was directed at all applicants. If you've not heard, email the admissions office or call after 9am and we'll make sure you know.
Original post by domaths
Hey @Murray Edwards Admissions,
I hope you don't mind me asking but as you were involved in the Economics pool meeting would you mind telling me (if you can remember) how you considered people who had already achieved A Levels (e.g. Maths for me). I'm just feeling a bit hard done by my offer of effectively A* (achieved) + A*A*A (even taking my maths AEA at distinction into account). Was it unusual in your meetings to suggest a lower than A*A*A offer if a candidate had already achieved an A Level or could my high offer be an indication of a little less certainty of whether I had made a worthy application... I would really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

I see you've had the official answer, but I'm surprised at your school there. I recall exactly this coming up when I attended interviews for Churchill NatSci back in the mid 80's.

Why schools are still doing this stunt of early a-levels that (even the smallest amount of research would show) disadvantages their students amazes me.
A new day, a new wait. C'mon post, you can come through!
Original post by NeverLucky
Yeah true but that's cos I had nothing better to do at work so might as well be productive at something :lol: what was your offer btw?

Closest UK equivalent would be A*A*A* in physics, chemistry and further maths and an average of an A overall
Original post by daniilS
Closest UK equivalent would be A*A*A* in physics, chemistry and further maths and an average of an A overall

Damn, better get studying. How did ur exam go?

Original post by RotomGuy
A new day, a new wait. C'mon post, you can come through!

Good luck today!
Original post by liziepie
Damn, better get studying. How did ur exam go?

I'm lucky that those are some of my best subjects :b
All the exams have been going well so far, thanks! Gotta sit music today in the afternoon, haven't been able to study yet but it should work out :colondollar: next week all hell breaks loose though with the five biggest exams and an oral spread over three days :eek:
Got an offer for physical natsci at St. John's!
Original post by liziepie
Sorry if you've answered this before (can't keep up with this thread loool) but do you know why you were rejected first time?

Not really sure tbh. If I had to guess, I applied to Christ's which seems to be a bit notorious for having really high standards. So I guess my UMS was on the low side compared to the other candidates. I was pooled but then ultimately rejected.

Latest

Trending

Trending