The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
...I know a few cases I happened to know personally, you may find it useful in making up your mind.....either way..

yharapbtur! Of course.
Original post by jneill
Turns out we've actually acquired 2 rejects. Say hello @fablereader.

They are pretty harmless, and useful for putting the cat out.

Hello! And I don't put the cat out, I clean out its litter and feed it, not leave it outside in the cold.

(And I'm only harmless so far, I still have yet to get vengeance against @carpenoctem ... )
Original post by wolfmoon88
:rofl: thanks for the tip, will deffo consider education (not really :wink:)

Difference is fable is not considering reapplication to Cambridge, only back to Oxford. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is true.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Anybody have any tips about choosing Cambridge colleges :rofl: gonna start researching soon :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can pick St John's, then whenever someone starts saying that they'd rather be at Oxford you can reply "well so would I but they wouldn't take me so I had to settle for this instead" :rofl:
Original post by physicsmaths
One jokes enough neil dont make me bring ur inhaler

Boo!
So now it's time to let this thread sink gently into the mists of times past... :frown:

/unstickied.

The future is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494528
Original post by PhoenixWings
Offer from King's for Engineering ^_^ I found out this morning and I still can't believe it

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by pamplemousse.
Imposter syndrome setting in, anyone?

I'm a bit worried I'll embarrass myself in front of everyone and/or not be able to pass the degree

I even asked my daughter's DoS on the offer holders visit day whether he was really sure about the offer because we'd thought she'd be rejected after a really terrible interview.

DW the syndrome only exists in the mind of some applicants. It's not real. :tongue:
They know what they're doing. ;

Congrats again. :smile:
Original post by jneill
UCAS will *possibly* update today anyway.

See my post to someone else just above yours (not quite the same but similar).

Edit: also you can't really "know", and there are frankly too many very good students to be accommodated at Cambridge. Good students miss out every year...

I understand what you mean and I took it as there are too many different factors and differences between colleges to compare like for like but some cases are just too obvious and don't make any sense. I was always under the impression that at least when it comes to Maths it will be about the ''Maths'' ability and potential obviously with Physics and so on....after all they would want the best Mathematicians (scientists) but no no no I don't believe it any more.
I guess it depends on the day and whether the interviewer likes or dislikes the applicant (not even whether he/she performs or not.
Original post by daniilS
You can pick St John's, then whenever someone starts saying that they'd rather be at Oxford you can reply "well so would I but they wouldn't take me so I had to settle for this instead" :rofl:

Genius.
Original post by amelia3546
Got an offer for physical natsci at St. John's!

Congrats!
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
Hello there. Offer levels aren't discussed in the poolside meetings as they are a matter for colleges to decide.

The issue of how to offer to people presenting with Maths and FM in a subject where maths is important is a tricky one because of the way that different schools handle the subject.

Some get their students to do all of Maths in Year 12 (or sometimes Year 11 as well), while others will do half of Maths and 3 modules in FM. Others still will do 5 Maths modules and maybe FP1 leaving only Core 4 to be taken.

The fairest way of dealing with this is the toughest, which is effectively to ignore the Maths result and offer on FM. There is a general sense that we want, if possible, to see the offer level achieved in a single year. This is the attitude of a lot of colleges so you shouldn't feel that you're application is being especially singled out for a tougher offer.

I hope that explains thing a bit and congratulations on the offer. :smile:

Does that mean someone applying with 3 A*'s in Chem Physics and Maths to natsci would be disadvantaged if they said they are going to do Further Math in their gap year? since you said colleges want all qualifications in one year preferably.
Original post by jneill
So now it's time to let this thread sink gently into the mists of times past... :frown:

/unstickied.

The future is here:

:cry2:
Anyone got emails from Robinson yet??

What the hell are they doing……
Original post by aidanguo

I'm still waiting as well. No letter, no email.

Keeping us in the dark this long just to reject us is really going to sting.
Original post by jneill

/unstickied.

The future is here:

The end of an era
Original post by jneill
yharapbtur! .

Took me a few minutes to remember what I means. Really shows how much I've been away from TSR......:tongue:

Thanks, and same to you! :biggrin:
Original post by RotomGuy

Maybe try call them today (I can't coz I'm overseas)? Doesn't make sense to me.
Original post by aidanguo

Original post by RotomGuy

Which time zone are you in?
Can you wait f few more hours?
Because it's not really normal a college hasn't sent email to international candidates yet at this time, so there's a possibility they've been having/had some technical issues and still trying to sort out or catch up. If that's so, it'd be better to leave them do whatever they have to do.
If you still don't get anything by midday uk time, try call them.
There's a lot of cheap international call sites you can search on internet, so won't cost you that much.

Edit: re cheap international call sites.
Planet-numbers, Planet-talk, Justcall are all very good and reliable. I use them often myself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Interview today... more nervous for this than I was in December

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending