The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IS93
Im gutted too
Unfortunately they did and the admissions admin didnt sound very hopeful either. She just said very unlikely now as majority of invitations have gone. Weird as nobody seemed to get an interview on TSR after the first batch

Id just like an answer instead of this long wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess most of the interviews went out in that batch the week before xmas holidays (and that's why there haven't been more announcements since). Just have to wait until the end of day tomorrow

I can imagine it must be frustrating to see people with lower tariff/ukcat scores getting interviews, though (especially when their newsletter said that it would be these things that determined it). However, you could be one of the ones getting an offer tomorrow, though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 801
Original post by adamdaniell
I guess most of the interviews went out in that batch the week before xmas holidays (and that's why there haven't been more announcements since). Just have to wait until the end of day tomorrow

It is frustrating to see people with lower tariff/ukcat scores getting interviews, though. However, you could be one of the ones getting an offer tomorrow, though.

Lets hope so:smile:

Yep i feel your frustration!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nieel97
I'm not kidding...I met an international student during my interview at another place with only 4 subjects and I'm doing 5 subjects...overall my ucas is a lot higher than his and even my Ukcat is slightly higher...but he has got the interview invitation like a month ago. My classmate got a rejection from the track on Saturday but no update on mysis portal.

I think it's partly because they have a quota for the number of international students, that person you met mightve had just enough to score him an interview against other international students. Also their tuition fees are quite a bit higher so more dosh for them lol!
Original post by AspireExcite
I think it's partly because they have a quota for the number of international students, that person you met mightve had just enough to score him an interview against other international students. Also their tuition fees are quite a bit higher so more dosh for them lol!

Okay BTW I'm an international student too
Original post by Nieel97
Okay BTW I'm an international student too

woops! haha well then lets hope you receive an invite tomorrow! :smile:
Good luck to all of us today!

Whatever the outcome I wanted to say thank you to all of you for being so open, honest and helpful in this whole application process! This forum has helped me in the highs and lows and although we have never met I am grateful for you all being the dedicated people you are!
Many of you will get an offer and when you find uni hard, possibly extremely hard, please remember how hard you all fought for it- surely you have the capabilities to face up to the challenges if even in this rather challenging application process you managed to gain a place.
Good luck to all of us!
Original post by ArtScience
Good luck to all of us today!

Whatever the outcome I wanted to say thank you to all of you for being so open, honest and helpful in this whole application process! This forum has helped me in the highs and lows and although we have never met I am grateful for you all being the dedicated people you are!
Many of you will get an offer and when you find uni hard, possibly extremely hard, please remember how hard you all fought for it- surely you have the capabilities to face up to the challenges if even in this rather challenging application process you managed to gain a place.
Good luck to all of us!

Thank you! Thats really sweet of you to say. Good luck to you too.
This is scary, I've a UKCAT of 810 Band 2, 4As at AS, quite a lot of shadowing and predicted 4A*s at A2. I'm international too, and I haven't heard back from them :frown:
Reply 808
I'm very confused by Barts entire process. Seems very disorganised and like no one really knows what's going on at the admissions office...

It was posted on TSR a few days ago that only 1 of 3 batches of interviews had been released before Christmas, with the majority still to come.

750 UKCAT and 2.1... It's kind of ridiculous if some of the stats that have been posted don't get interviews.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Karmaic
I'm very confused by Barts entire process. Seems very disorganised and like no one really knows what's going on at the admissions office...

It was posted on TSR a few days ago that only 1 of 3 batches of interviews had been released before Christmas, with the majority still to come.

750 UKCAT and 2.1... It's kind of ridiculous if some of the stats that have been posted don't get interviews.

I completely agree with you !!! They seem to have no idea what's going on and each person says something different. I understand they have a lot of applicants but they should be more compassionate as people are trying to figure out their futures!

Hopefully we'll all be put out of our misery today whatever the result. Good luck to everyone and if not barts then I hope you end up somewhere else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 810
Original post by michrab123
I completely agree with you !!! They seem to have no idea what's going on and each person says something different. I understand they have a lot of applicants but they should be more compassionate as people are trying to figure out their futures!

Hopefully we'll all be put out of our misery today whatever the result. Good luck to everyone and if not barts then I hope you end up somewhere else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's chaotic... With a seemingly random order of who gets offers when, and admissions saying different things on different days. I've been refreshing my email hourly for days on edge because of it...

A set day when they let everyone know, or a rolling admissions system seems a lot less cruel imo

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by the_sharingan
This is scary, I've a UKCAT of 810 Band 2, 4As at AS, quite a lot of shadowing and predicted 4A*s at A2. I'm international too, and I haven't heard back from them :frown:

I've met international students 2A*2A around 660 Ukcat got interview...so I really don't understand how they rank the applicants
Original post by Nieel97
I've met international students 2A*2A around 660 Ukcat got interview...so I really don't understand how they rank the applicants

hmm
who is this person and where did you meet him?
exactly same stats as mine
Original post by starmuneer
hmm
who is this person and where did you meet him?
exactly same stats as mine

I don't know him like quite well because I had an interview from another med school and he's from China
Original post by Nieel97
I don't know him like quite well because I had an interview from another med school and he's from China

oh k
have you got offers from any other uni ?
Original post by starmuneer
oh k
have you got offers from any other uni ?

Nope only had one interview and rejection from ucl..still waiting for kings and barts
Original post by Nieel97
Nope only had one interview and rejection from ucl..still waiting for kings and barts

dont worry bro you will def get one
what was your fourth choice?
I just called them and they said they're still making their decisions on who will also get interviews ... very contradictory to what they told other people on tsr
Original post by Mo_elheramy
I just called them and they said they're still making their decisions on who will also get interviews ... very contradictory to what they told other people on tsr

Omg seriously!?

Literally every time I call they say something else haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of people seem frustrated with their stats and not hearing back, just hang in there guys!
From what I know, Barts are very strong on graduates getting a first and they do look at you holistically with your pS. Whilst your academics might be strong, it might be that other areas in your application didn't come accross as well >.< j got rejected from another uni based on my "lack of sports" even though I had lots of it It wasn't clear from my PS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending