The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pamplemousse.
Imposter syndrome setting in, anyone?

I'm a bit worried I'll embarrass myself in front of everyone and/or not be able to pass the degree

Oh meee ! A thousand times me 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student1256
Is CAO different from the college's admissions office? How so?

Central Admissions Office. They are a University department and provide admissions administration and research services for the colleges (amongst other things). They are the intermidiary between the 29 undergrad colleges and UCAS.

http://www.cao.cam.ac.uk
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
Possibly. The key thing is that track will update eventually. From our point of view, UCAS is a formality, our letter to you is our commitment to you.

Noted. I'll downgrade the possibly to *might* :smile:
Original post by daniilS
There's too many threads to follow :angry:

Yup... it's always a challenge at this time of year. But shouldn't be beyond the skillz of a Cambridge Offer Holder :smile:
Original post by jneill
Central Admissions Office. They are a University department and provide admissions administration and research services for the colleges (amongst other things). They are the intermidiary between the 29 undergrad colleges and UCAS.

LOl
How many snaps have we done last couple of days? :biggrin:
Original post by jneill

That's right - they also co-ordinate University-wide admissions and access events such sas the University Open Days, the Summer Schools, HE+, Subjects Days etc.
Morning everyone, hope you're all doing well after yesterday's excitement and emotions. :tongue:

I had a dream about Monday :s-smilie: I'm not as nervous as I was last time, but I really need to find the prep I did in November.
Im applying to Bangor university, but can I still participate in this thread
Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to Downing for law. I still haven't received an email regarding my decision, is this normal? The website states it should've been yesterday, and this is stressing me out.
Original post by timb1999
Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to Downing for law. I still haven't received an email regarding my decision, is this normal? The website states it should've been yesterday, and this is stressing me out.

Looking at the Decisions Survey*:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16YWMwtPB8r0aStfhUJQM0ErZC6HPO1Re4kmEdGWyYl8/edit#gid=885821945
...there are a few Downing responses already.

I suggest waiting a bit until lunchtime (GMT) and then emailing Downing if you still haven't heard.

*This is not official or in anyway connected to Cambridge :smile:

Edit: updated - there's more from Downing than I first thought.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Yup... it's always a challenge at this time of year. But shouldn't be beyond the skillz of a Cambridge Offer Holder :smile:

Why is there even a need for two threads lol
Original post by jneill
Looking at the Decisions Survey*:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16YWMwtPB8r0aStfhUJQM0ErZC6HPO1Re4kmEdGWyYl8/edit#gid=885821945
...there are a few Downing responses already.

I suggest waiting a bit until lunchtime (GMT) and then emailing Downing if you still haven't heard.

*This is not official or in anyway connected to Cambridge :smile:

Edit: updated - there's more from Downing than I first thought.

Thank you!! I guess I'll just keep waiting, not a nice feeling though!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Morning everyone, hope you're all doing well after yesterday's excitement and emotions. :tongue:

I had a dream about Monday :s-smilie: I'm not as nervous as I was last time, but I really need to find the prep I did in November.

My advice to you stays the same.

JUST. BE. YOURSELF. that's all you need to do, and you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by timb1999
Thank you!! I guess I'll just keep waiting, not a nice feeling though!

Understood! And good luck :smile:
Original post by hotshot2102
Im applying to Bangor university, but can I still participate in this thread

Well, I'm a failed Oxford applicant, and they've tolerated my presence so far ...
Original post by Obiejess
Yes. Looks like we'll be there together! What day were you interviewed?

7th December, tried to send you a private message but it says your inbox is full!
I am an international applicant to Jesus College and I still haven't heard anything which is getting a bit worrying, should I try to call the college in a few hours or just wait it out until next Monday?
Original post by vincrows
My advice to you stays the same.

JUST. BE. YOURSELF. that's all you need to do, and you'll be fine. :smile:

:colondollar: :smile: Thanks for being so fantastic!

I just called Caius and they informed me that (contrary to what their website says) EU applicants have been informed by letter, NOT by email. International non-EU will get email.

Original post by margarete.b
I am an international applicant to Jesus College and I still haven't heard anything which is getting a bit worrying, should I try to call the college in a few hours or just wait it out until next Monday?

Same, except I am an international applicant to Downing. Not much we can do. I've emailed Downing but no response so you could try with your college

Latest

Trending

Trending