The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an email or a letter(international student) from Robinson College?
Original post by blue2337
I'm Linguistics! So... sort of science... but also... not?

I have a friend who does linguistics~ It's magically in between I think :tongue: Nice to meet u~
Original post by tanysh21
Has anyone got an email or a letter(international student) from Robinson College?

There's a few others still waiting for decision from Robinson, so possibly they're experiencing some problem. If that's the case, it'd be better to leave them getting on with sorting out the problem/catching up as all admission offices tend to get a lot of phone calls from candidates/parents on/after D-Day which delays the job they need to do.

If you don't hear anything by lunch time or early afternoon today, try ring them.

Good luck!
Original post by carpenoctem
I wish we could all just stay on the applicants thread and freeze ourselves in time because the bants were so real

Yeah it definitely feels like there are too many threads to follow now... I wouldn't have minded just having one applicants thread. I think we'd see less of those rejects thread too :frown:
Original post by vincrows
There's a few others still waiting for decision from Robinson, so possibly they're experiencing some problem. If that's the case, it'd be better to leave them getting on with sorting out the problem/catching up as all admission offices tend to get a lot of phone calls from candidates/parents on/after D-Day which delays the job they need to do.

If you don't hear anything by lunch time or early afternoon today, try ring them.

Good luck!

Thank you very much! It's so stressing😊
Original post by tanysh21
Thank you very much! It's so stressing😊

I know. Hope you'll get a happy result after all this worrying.
Good luck!
Reply 146
Original post by Steliata
A lad in my school does, he's got an offer from Sidney Sussex :smile: don't think he's on here though!

guess I'll see him in october then
Original post by VL100
Wait can I join this club- Theology at Sidney Sussex! And in response to your question, I have absolutely no idea :biggrin:

Yes you can ! And hello there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Original post by Md1010
NEED HELP!
Okay guys so I gave my AS exam in may/june last year for chem, phy and bio and I got all U's. I resat physics and bio and got E's in both of them even though I worked really really hard. I can't drop these subjects and I don't want to resit a third time. So is it possible to improve an E to maybe a C or B in A2 levels?

Your best bet is to ask in one of the Study Help forums rather than this thread :smile:

Have a look in here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Reply 149
So... there's an offer holder at Newnham called Blue Cambridge.

Nominative determinism right there.
@blue2337
Original post by y.l1
Hey guys, has anyone else gotten an Open Offer? I've got one to study Medicine!

Yep. My daughter has one for Music.

Spoiler

@jneill,

After receiving my offer yesterday, I have to say that I completely agree with you that applicants just can't predict whether their interviews have went well or not. I completed the survey right after my interview in December and scored myself 3/10, and I was pretty sure I failed it due to how stuck I was at last question, but I guess I was wrong haha!
Original post by sir albert

Spoiler

??
Thought she had an offer from Fitz, not open offer?
Any history & politics offer holders? Haven't seen anyone yet 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
@jneill,

After receiving my offer yesterday, I have to say that I completely agree with you that applicants just can't predict whether their interviews have went well or not. I completed the survey right after my interview in December and scored myself 3/10, and I was pretty sure I failed it due to how stuck I was at last question, but I guess I was wrong haha!

Yep, I'm going through the data right now and that's basically the unsurprising conclusion.
Reply 155
Original post by sir albert

Spoiler

Original post by vincrows
??
Thought she had an offer from Fitz, not open offer?

Open Application perhaps? Yes, Open Offer is quite different and a nice new innovation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
Did your son get his offer then?

He heard he had an offer by email yesterday but didn't know what the offer was until the letter arrived this morning. They just want an A in Physics - we couldn't believe it!!! That's less than Durham wanted!!!
Original post by Spange88
He heard he had an offer by email yesterday but didn't know what the offer was until the letter arrived this morning. They just want an A in Physics - we couldn't believe it!!! That's less than Durham wanted!!!

That's great! I'll hopefully see him at Cambridge then as we both have pretty light offers :smile:
Yup have grades in maths chem and biology A*AA*, pretty close to 3 A* tho

Brilliant! You can relax to some extent now :-D
That's great! I'll hopefully see him at Cambridge then as we both have pretty light offers :smile:

Absolutely! Which college did you apply to again? (I've recommended he finally embraces TSR now he has his offer so maybe he will pop up on here himself soon and I will quietly slope off!)