The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The "racist" tag has been used by the left to silence opposition from those who disagree with globalisation, identity politics, and cultural relativism, for decades. Very effectively in truth.

But it doesn't work any longer. If it is racist to want Trump to do well, and to feel he will be better than the dreadful Hillary, then I am a proud racist. Same with voting for Brexit. Who cares? The word doesn't mean anything any more.

The Nazis were racist. Almost all Trump voters patriotic white Americans who have had it with the lunatic PC left and their racist, sexist, BLM, LGBT toilets crap.
Reply 2
Original post by astutehirstute
The "racist" tag has been used by the left to silence opposition from those who disagree with globalisation, identity politics, and cultural relativism, for decades. Very effectively in truth.

But it doesn't work any longer. If it is racist to want Trump to do well, and to feel he will be better than the dreadful Hillary, then I am a proud racist. Same with voting for Brexit. Who cares? The word doesn't mean anything any more.

The Nazis were racist. Almost all Trump voters patriotic white Americans who have had it with the lunatic PC left and their racist, sexist, BLM, LGBT toilets crap.

I wonder what many Nazi-supporters would have said if you'd asked them whether they are racists or patriotic white Germans...
No matter what he said or did if it was a white male to succeed Obama his supporters would be called racist. It's quite pathetic.
Original post by offhegoes
I wonder what many Nazi-supporters would have said if you'd asked them whether they are racists or patriotic white Germans...

Not a argument, just because someone says they are or are not something does not mean much, Just look at the facts and what they actually stand for instead of calling everything you disagree with Racist or calling them Nazis.

Its like me calling anyone mildly left wing stalin and accusing them of mass genocide
Most of the people in the rustbelt are not racist, they are just working class people who are being left behind by globalism, much like the UK. If they were racist, then why would the same people have voted for Obama twice?

Oooh! I lIke this game.

I wonder what Abraham Lincoln supporters would have said if you asked them what their favourite food was. History is fun!

I'm assuming that you were just making a non-sequitur that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, though, because Nazis were staunchly collectivist and most Trump supporters are staunchly Individualist. They are near polar opposites on the political spectrum, so it would be silly to compare the two.
Reply 7
Original post by AperfectBalance
Not a argument, just because someone says they are or are not something does not mean much, Just look at the facts and what they actually stand for instead of calling everything you disagree with Racist or calling them Nazis.

Its like me calling anyone mildly left wing stalin and accusing them of mass genocide

Great, except I wasn't making an argument. I was highlighting the issue in the other poster's argument, which was essentially exactly as you said - calling yourself a patriot instead of a racist doesn't make it so.
Reply 8
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Oooh! I lIke this game.

I wonder what Abraham Lincoln supporters would have said if you asked them what their favourite food was. History is fun!

I'm assuming that you were just making a non-sequitur that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, though, because Nazis were staunchly collectivist and most Trump supporters are staunchly Individualist. They are near polar opposites on the political spectrum, so it would be silly to compare the two.

*sigh*

Yes great, except I didn't make a comparison between the two. I highlighted that it is very easy to call yourself a patriot in situations where history will judge you to be something else entirely, hence Trump supporters' assertations that they are simply patriots does not mean that history will judge them as such. Does that mean we will see them as Nazis? Of course not.

Additionally, asking Lincoln supporters their favourite food is clear not to equivalent to asking a Nazi supporter abou their politics. Trying to suggest it is is just silly.
(edited 7 years ago)
*sigh*

Yes great, except I didn't make a comparison between the two. I highlighted that it is very easy to call yourself a patriot in situations where history will judge you to be something else entirely, hence Trump supporters' assertations that they are simply patriots does not mean that history will judge them as such. Does that mean we will see them as Nazi's? Of course not.

So why pick something emotionally charged, like Nazis? Why not pick the Romans under Caesar, or the Confederates under Jackson?
I am both a racist and sexist and proud. God did not create us all equal, the white male shall rule once again!!!
Reply 11
So why pick something emotionally charged, like Nazis? Why not pick the Romans under Caesar, or the Confederates under Jackson?

I didn't realise I had to pick my comparisons so carefully so avoid offending/upsetting anyone. We're all (mostly) adults here.

Plus, how would the Confederates be any less controversial a comparison? A large portion of the US population fighting for, amongst other things, the right to own slaves?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Gaben
Most of the people in the rustbelt are not racist, they are just working class people who are being left behind by globalism, much like the UK. If they were racist, then why would the same people have voted for Obama twice?

Those people didnt vote for Obama. Do you want to start your argument again?
Great, except I wasn't making an argument. I was highlighting the issue in the other poster's argument, which was essentially exactly as you said - calling yourself a patriot instead of a racist doesn't make it so.

Straw man. I didn't advance that argument.
I didn't realise I had to pick my comparisons so carefully so avoid offending/upsetting anyone. We're all (mostly) adults here.

That's true. I shouldn't be so easily offended. You're probably just sitting at home, eating lunch like the Nazis used to do.
Reply 15
That's true. I shouldn't be so easily offended. You're probably just sitting at home, eating lunch like the Nazis used to do.

I'm at work actually, like the Nazis used to be.
Reply 16
Straw man. I didn't advance that argument.

So how do you know that Trumpt supporters are just patriotic white Americans?
I'm at work actually, like the Nazis used to be.

The point goes to you, sir. Well played, you made me laugh.
Reply 18

You are racist not by label but by ideals.

The study was performed via questions designed to determine if someone is racist. Not "a leftie called the people racist therefore they are racist".

You can pretend not to be or say what I am isn't racist but rather patriotic, but it doesn't change anything. In the past racism was ok. Now it's not but people still are so they just pretend what they aren't isn't racist or that the word doesn't mean anything anymore.
Firstly. Those are huge error bars.

Secondly, economic disatisfaction is much easier to discern than whether one is racist/sexist. The latter two factor are so much more subjective and have to be extrapolated from surveys or content analysis.
The majority of academia voted hillary, or at lesst not trump. These are likely left leaning and already biased, quite possibly with predisposed ideas about trump voters

Again, dem error bars. With the margins of error there its entirely possible that the economy was a larger factor

Not to mention that their definition of racist was acknowledgement whether racism exists or not, which is by no way an accurate or event remotely objective way of measuring

Tldr - *****y research full of flaws, lacking both validity and reliability

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending