The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elen90
Haha, that was put up a while back when I was absolutely convinced I was going to Durham. It's a tad complicated, but -

Spoiler

Either way, it's proof that after initial dejection it works out. If both had rejected me I'd be going to another fantabulous uni anyway. Que sera, sera :h:

I do still want to breed alpacas though.

Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: both from Durham and from Oxford!

Breeding alpacas is a noble profession that everyone should strive for :yep: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Congratulations on your offer :biggrin: both from Durham and from Oxford!

Breeding alpacas is a noble profession that everyone should strive for :yep: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it is. The world needs more alpacas.
Original post by elen90
Haha, that was put up a while back when I was absolutely convinced I was going to Durham. It's a tad complicated, but -

Spoiler

Either way, it's proof that after initial dejection it works out. If both had rejected me I'd be going to another fantabulous uni anyway. Que sera, sera :h:

I do still want to breed alpacas though.

Sounds like you have a lot to think about ... hope you can decide and be happy wherever it is!
Original post by fablereader
Indeed it is. The world needs more alpacas.

They cute :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was rejected after 3 days of waiting for my letter... I'm gutted but I'm sure I'll be happy at KCL or Bristol once the disappointment comes and goes. It was nice seeing you all!
Original post by mazzaion
I was rejected after 3 days of waiting for my letter... I'm gutted but I'm sure I'll be happy at KCL or Bristol once the disappointment comes and goes. It was nice seeing you all!

:frown: :frown: :frown: Wish you the best of luck!

:console: good luck :smile:

:tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wondering if anybody knows that we can appeal against our rejection decision? Some body was enquiring in other tread.
:tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Khed Aydi
For those who have been rejected remember, Oxford isn't the be-all and end-all you can still be great people and succeed in life. However if you want to take a year out and reapply, go for it! Last year I was rejected post interview for Maths, after a bit of soul searching and realising what I truly want to study, I've been offered a place to read Physics this year. I know this sounds super cheesy but don't let one setback stop you from still moving forward in life!

Thank you :smile: will definitely keep this in mind (especially because I am one of the people who is still wavering about subject choices)
@AsmaaMahamud97 I've got an offer from Pembroke to study history and English :smile:

I'm so sorry that you had to wait so long just for bad news :frown:
Original post by niamhisokay
@AsmaaMahamud97 I've got an offer from Pembroke to study history and English :smile:

In that case, hello! Maybe we met during the interview period?

Edit: just went on your profile and saw Quakers so I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Congrats!! And hopefully see you there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know the procedure for applying for feedback? I'd like to know my MLAT score (I'm not sure why they don't publish them actually) :h:
Reply 114
Original post by Barbastelle
Does anyone know the procedure for applying for feedback? I'd like to know my MLAT score (I'm not sure why they don't publish them actually) :h:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/feedback?wssl=1

You have to write to the college for feedback on any part of the application/interview process.
Reply 115
Original post by temilawal
Another Hugh's person! What did you apply for?

ayy I applied for arch and anth!

Original post by fablereader
Congratulations!! :smile:

Original post by valgal
Congrats! You must be thrilled!

Thank you!
When will our UCAS Track update? I'm getting nightmares that they will rescind my offer/send out an error saying that they sent the wrong letter out to me.
Original post by Unidropout
When will our UCAS Track update? I'm getting nightmares that they will rescind my offer/send out an error saying that they sent the wrong letter out to me.

Omg good to know I'm not the only one with this gripping fear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Thank you :smile: will definitely keep this in mind (especially because I am one of the people who is still wavering about subject choices)

What did you apply for/what are you considering?
Original post by Khed Aydi
What did you apply for/what are you considering?

Applied for Human Sciences,

Considering Biological Sciences or Geography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending