The Student Room Group

Girls, how do you work on ur self esteem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S2M
I don't lol.

Very helpful :unimpressed:
Erm, neither do I :tongue:
Unless you count idgaf about what other people think :biggrin:
Reply 21
lol that's good, why should you care what other people think? :u:
I tend to go out with my friends and meet new people. Focus on my interests and hobbies. Plan something you have always wanted to do. For me changing my appearance really helps, because I get excited about wearing new clothing. But I guess the best way to improve self esteem is a boy. I feel so much happier about myself, when I have a boy to talk to all the time. He makes me feel that there's no need to care what others think of me or impress them. Because he thinks I'm perfect just how I am.
post pics on fb
Go outside and do stuff you love,meet new people,go out with friends or simply go on a walk. There are lots of things to do to help love yourself. 😌
Original post by Student9821
Here is an example:

But my mum told she used to be in my position. She told me she was into things that other girls wasn't when she was about my age. Even though she feign interest in fashion, make up and gossiping about boys with other girls. She loves reading books that would be considered 'boring' to most teenage girls. She felt happier indulging in that and doing maths problems for fun. Her hobbies made her happier and it helped to build confidence in general.

Your mum sounds amazing :colondollar: Thank you

Original post by Supernova91
How old are we talking ?

doesnt mean you can't make good bonds with them , theyre probably more sure of themselves than people of your own age x

In their 30s and early 40s, most already have houses and go on expensive hols.

Original post by hellodave5
Identify the cause(s) of your low self esteem (e.g. loneliness), and go from there and work on that.

Thanks. I'm having trouble identifying it bc I'm so busy atm it could be stress
Original post by Cecelia Tallice
I tend to go out with my friends and meet new people. Focus on my interests and hobbies. Plan something you have always wanted to do. For me changing my appearance really helps, because I get excited about wearing new clothing. But I guess the best way to improve self esteem is a boy. I feel so much happier about myself, when I have a boy to talk to all the time. He makes me feel that there's no need to care what others think of me or impress them. Because he thinks I'm perfect just how I am.

Thank you, I'm taking up football next month :biggrin: Idk about boys tho, dont have the time for a bf :tongue: :colondollar:

Original post by JaffaNeko
Go outside and do stuff you love,meet new people,go out with friends or simply go on a walk. There are lots of things to do to help love yourself. 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending