The Student Room Group

just discovered another thing my ex lied about.

I always find out new things she lied about even half a year later lol. She was a compulsive liar and mega manipulative and I didn't really realise how bad it was until the end of our relationship.

The latest discovery: I'm about to move out of my uni house and into halls tomorrow so I've been going round the house looking for anything I've left inside the cupboards. And I found a bunch of stuff that she said she threw away hidden at the back of one of the cupboards covered by junk (We used to share a room in this house last year).

Them lies never end lmao. Glad she's out of my life now and I'm about to get a fresh start in halls tomorrow with new people :smile:
Tell me about it; my ex was just the same. At the end of it to justify her leaving she had to accuse me of a ton of crap. Honestly it really hurt and had a detrimental effect on my health for the longest of time, but I was fortunate in that non of my friends believed her. That's not to mention all the lies and manipulation in the relationship also.

"When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth...just like you did".

Stay strong buddy! :smile:
Reply 2
ye in hindsight she definitely made me miserable and ruined my mental health. I used to doubt myself a lot and thought I was crazy lmao. Cus she always made me out to be stupid or over reacting about stuff and saying I was delusional but I've found out that I was pretty much right about everything and she was just lying all the time. Even when we first starting seeing each other, I was conked out on my bed and one of my housemates let her into the house and she came into my room and I passed out shortly afterwards (mega drunk), then she went on my facebook and deleted a bunch of messages that her boyfriend at the time sent me before I got a chance to see them. And I only found out because she told me about it near the end of the relationship.

I let her move in with me because she was doing the whole damsel in distress thing making out her room mate to be crazy lmao. But the room mate was her boyfriend and she was the crazy one lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye in hindsight she definitely made me miserable and ruined my mental health. I used to doubt myself a lot and thought I was crazy lmao. Cus she always made me out to be stupid or over reacting about stuff and saying I was delusional but I've found out that I was pretty much right about everything and she was just lying all the time. Even when we first starting seeing each other, I was conked out on my bed and one of my housemates let her into the house and she came into my room and I passed out shortly afterwards (mega drunk), then she went on my facebook and deleted a bunch of messages that her boyfriend at the time sent me before I got a chance to see them. And I only found out because she told me about it near the end of the relationship.

I let her move in with me because she was doing the whole damsel in distress thing making out her room mate to be crazy lmao. But the room mate was her boyfriend and she was the crazy one lol.

Yeah, this happens sadly. Not saying all ex's are crazy and I certainly made my own mistakes, but it seems both of us got the short end of the stick. I was always doing something wrong, "never understanding", was allegedly interested in other girls blah blah. Literally only had eyes for her and for what? To be treated literally like dirt, made out to be a monster and then stalked online a year later. Oh joy.

Still, these things happen and we have to move past them. It's been over a year for me and I become more numb the more time goes on. You'll get there too. :smile:
Reply 4
ye its easier now that I've stopped talking to her. We were trying to stay friends but I've ended up unfriending her on facebook which was a month ago and I feel pretty good now (she still kinda uses me for stuff and I cba). It stopped surprising me a while ago when I find out things like in the OP.

It's ironic how I ended up with a girl like this because I'm the most laid back person ever (it's an actual impressive achievement that she managed to drive me crazy) and have really strong morals/principles. One of the few things that actually annoys me is when people lie (and dishonorable stuff in general). She was literally a compulsive liar, like we spoke about it and she said she can't help lying and it's automatic lol. Tbh there were millions of red flags but I stayed with her because I was lonely n depressed at the time. Normally I wouldn't have gone there. Also half price rent from room sharing and the blowjobs were good lmao.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
then she went on my facebook and deleted a bunch of messages that her boyfriend at the time sent me before I got a chance to see them. And I only found out because she told me about it near the end of the relationship.

Holy ****. Be happy you got out of there brah.
You go Glenn Coco x
Reply 7
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You go Glenn Coco x

wow you have 11 gems now lol.
ye its easier now that I've stopped talking to her. We were trying to stay friends but I've ended up unfriending her on facebook which was a month ago and I feel pretty good now (she still kinda uses me for stuff and I cba). It stopped surprising me a while ago when I find out things like in the OP.

It's ironic how I ended up with a girl like this because I'm the most laid back person ever (it's an actual impressive achievement that she managed to drive me crazy) and have really strong morals/principles. One of the few things that actually annoys me is when people lie (and dishonorable stuff in general). She was literally a compulsive liar, like we spoke about it and she said she can't help lying and it's automatic lol. Tbh there were millions of red flags but I stayed with her because I was lonely n depressed at the time. Normally I wouldn't have gone there. Also half price rent from room sharing and the blowjobs were good lmao.

Been there man. Glad you're out of it.

Trust your instincts lol, these hoes are crazy, 3 red flags and out. Like baseball
Did she lie about loving your pencil moustache too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending