The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Missing the banter already :tongue:

Tbh the banter isn't there on the offer holders thread either :frown:

All these iconic people going makes me sad! Naeco's drawings kept me going waaaah
Original post by Steliata
Tbh the banter isn't there on the offer holders thread either :frown:

All these iconic people going makes me sad! Naeco's drawings kept me going waaaah

I mean we can create banter but it won't be the same without some of the guys, Rachel38, Christie, jamestg, Naeco, etc... all the main posters from this thread. :moon:

I might also be taking a short break from TSR as well from today just to regroup and think about things :tongue:
Original post by Strumdumdum
Thank you for the update. I've just received the email and although disappointed that I didn't get in, the application experience has been a fruitful and pleasant one, so thank you for that 😊

I'm glad that you've got the email and sorry about the delay and for the end result. Good luck elsewhere, am sure you will do very well.
I haven't received anything by post or email. Should I call to check? I'm applying to fitz
Original post by timb1999
I received an offer for Law from Fitzwilliam college. Can someone tell me a little about the college?

Did you receive it by post? I applied there too but I haven't heard anything yet
Original post by chun_ni
Did you receive it by post? I applied there too but I haven't heard anything yet

I actually got pooled, I applied for Downing. Had to call Downing to find out, because I wasn't receiving any emails (I'm international)

Good luck with yours!
Okay I got an offer as a EU student but I'm starting to get very worried because I slowly realize that I don't really know how to speak English.
Original post by indvolda
Okay I got an offer as a EU student but I'm starting to get very worried because I slowly realize that I don't really know how to speak English.

Do you have conditions for your offer? (for example i nedd an ielts 7.5 points certificate...)
Had my pool interview- think it went better than the December potentially but don't think it's enough to get a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Replusz
Do you have conditions for your offer? (for example i nedd an ielts 7.5 points certificate...)

I already got 7.5 actually haha, but honestly, you just have to learn stuffs by heart for the writing part (apparently it's the most difficult one if you want a 7 or so), and it's gonna be alright.
The listening part is really really easy, the speaking part is quite easy but I speak a better English somedays than others haha :smile: And what's complicated about the reading part is the time, I'd say.

And besides that my conditional offer is very very difficult to achieve so I'm not as happy as I should be... But anyway I'm gonna try my hardest :smile:
Have people's UCAS been updated? (Especially those people who applied to Caius)
@Nicecuppat @vincrows @jneill thanks for your lovely messages, I'm feeling a lot happier today as yesterday was very emotional. I'm going to accept the offer as I think I'll definitely regret it if I don't and I'm immensely grateful and lucky that I was given a place through the open offers scheme. I'm feeling pretty optimistic as whatever happens happens
Original post by Xiuchen

Not yet for me
Original post by glimmers
@Nicecuppat @vincrows @jneill thanks for your lovely messages, I'm feeling a lot happier today as yesterday was very emotional. I'm going to accept the offer as I think I'll definitely regret it if I don't and I'm immensely grateful and lucky that I was given a place through the open offers scheme. I'm feeling pretty optimistic as whatever happens happens

Good decision :smile: and stay optimistic! :wink:

Do you realize how cool getting an open offer is?? It's basically a college saying that even if they won't have any place after the summer pool they'll still take you! And you might get accepted by a college that's normally ridiculously oversubscribed if a few people miss their offers! :biggrin:
Original post by daniilS
Not yet for me

Thanks! :smile:

The happiest post I read today. So Thank you, and good luck on the result day in August! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Xiuchen

i am a pembroke offer holder and yes mine was updated today afternoon
Original post by daniilS
Do you realize how cool getting an open offer is?? It's basically a college saying that even if they won't have any place after the summer pool they'll still take you! And you might get accepted by a college that's normally ridiculously oversubscribed if a few people miss their offers! :biggrin:

I'd love an open offer if all goes wrong next week but at this stage it's highly doubtful that I'll be that lucky :redface: plus I probably don't fit into any of the requirements
Original post by Xiuchen

Applied to Selwyn but yeah mine has!

Latest

Trending

Trending