The Student Room Group

core maths c12 10 jan 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katenell
you mean that the angle is 60 because equilateral triangle i think i got it right hopefully i wish to score a mark above 105

Yep all the angles were 60 degrees, you just had to apply the sector area formula, theta(r^2)/2 and proceed from there. That's not the only way tough, there were numerous ways of finding the area.
i didn't use the sector area formula, but the segment area formula which is 1/2timesr^2times(theta minus sin of theta)
Original post by Fasih178
Hardly anyone managed to do that correctly, the answer was something like r²(√3/2 - π/2).

Indeed, this paper was quite difficult. The lowest grade boundary for an A has been 89 and that was January 2014, the very first paper in ial math. I personally didn't find that paper too difficult when I solved it and this paper was quite similar in difficulty. I'd say the boundary for an A would be max 90 or min 87.

Lowest was 80 I dont remember the year maybe Jan or June 2014 while second lowest was 89
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
My a was 0.2 as when i expanded by the ncr method i got 20ax as the 2nd term and i equated it t0 4x so 20a=4 and a=4/20=0.2

Posted from TSR Mobile
sumaiya is ur answer correct ? because i was getting the same ans
Original post by musab ali
sumaiya is ur answer correct ? because i was getting the same ans

I have no idea
I am waiting for the model answers
For January papers are their any model answers made in the past years?
Original post by Hammadjawaid12
For January papers are their any model answers made in the past years?

Yes cuz when i gave m1 in jan last year the model answers were published

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea
I am waiting for the model answers

did ur answer matched with anyone else
Original post by musab ali
did ur answer matched with anyone else

It did match with 1 person and now it matched with urs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karolbrie
i didn't use the sector area formula, but the segment area formula which is 1/2timesr^2times(theta minus sin of theta)

That's the preferred way, alas I didn't know the segment area formula and thereby had to find the area through the more time consuming way.
Original post by Hammadjawaid12
Lowest was 80 I dont remember the year maybe Jan or June 2014 while second lowest was 89

I can't recollect when the grade boundaries were 80 for an A.
It did match with 1 person and now it matched with urs

Posted from TSR Mobile
some students were getting 4 ....lets hope our ans is correct and btw what were the coordinates of point of intersection for u ?
What was the shape of the curve
I think i am going to lose minimum of 14 marks
Hoping to have an A
I need an A in C12
What was the shape of the curve The one with and what was the value of c
I think i am going to lose minimum of 14 marks
For the graph which we had to draw the firct one i was getting an n shaped graph with points of intersection as (0,c^2), (c,0) and (-c,0)
And the its 2nd part i got a double root at 0 and another root at (3c,0)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The model answers are available on physics and math tutor facebook page

Posted from TSR Mobile
The model answers are available on physics and math tutor facebook page

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn thanks for letting us know, I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

BTW, how did your other exams go?
Damn thanks for letting us know, I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

BTW, how did your other exams go?

I messed up chem4 cuz even tho it was easy it was very lengthy and i panicked
I messed up chem4 cuz even tho it was easy it was very lengthy and i panicked

I hate the panicky feeling you get in exams, especially towards the end when the time is running out.

Also, by looking at the model answers I think I'm gonna lose about 7 marks max, silly mistakes exclusive. What about you?
I hate the panicky feeling you get in exams, especially towards the end when the time is running out.

Also, by looking at the model answers I think I'm gonna lose about 7 marks max, silly mistakes exclusive. What about you?

I panicked in the start cuz normally we enter the exam hall 10 mins b4 and then 5 mins b4 the paper starts we can open the paper and read the questions and that mentally prepares us for the exam but on thursday our exam incharge said that people from edexcel came on a round and they informed us that we are no longer allowed to open the paper b4 the time starts so we had no time to mentally prepare ourselves b4 the time starts and we all panicked as soon as the time started
I actually like to not calculate the mark i am getting my the minimum mark i can obtain like i cut 1-2 marks extra from every part of the question just so that i dont start expecting alot and then not get disappointed by the result so my minimum mark came to be 90/125

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending