The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Cambridge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
:wink: i know you aren't that's why i called you a mhocer not a labour party member :tongue:

i've actually never heard this song before :rofl:

[video="youtube;4ci3lhynkfo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ci3lhynkfo[/video]
^we can both agree that this song is not inline with what we agree with :wink:

Spoiler

you read my mind what a tune :d
Original post by Obiejess

Woo that was fast! Do we have to choose an insurance at the same time or can you do that later? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Steliata
Woo that was fast! Do you have to choose an insurance at the same time or can you do that later? :smile:

Yeah you have to do it all at once+, you can only do it once you hear back from everywhere. I'd heard back from everywhere else by december and knew exact combos dependent on where I got offers from when I first applied. Was just waiting to hear back from Cambridge :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah you have to do it all at once, you can only do it once you hear back from everywhere. I'd heard back from everywhere else by december and knew exact combos dependent on where I got offers from when I first applied. Was just waiting to hear back from Cambridge :smile:

Nice! Where's your insurance?
Original post by Forecast
Offer came through on UCAS at 16:20. I'm post A-level, so my place has been confirmed. :smile:

4.20 firm it my dude..
Original post by daniilS
Thank you!! I'm from the Netherlands. Been in Budapest a few days last summer, really liked it there! Hope to see you in Cambridge!!

oh yeah sry i remember i already asked you :frown:
yeah definetely :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Yeah you have to do it all at once+, you can only do it once you hear back from everywhere.

Nah, you can withdraw your applications from other unis, you don't need to wait to hear back from all of them.
Original post by Cheryl____C
I have a friend who does linguistics~ It's magically in between I think :tongue: Nice to meet u~

Oh that's cool, it's such a cool subject (to me at least!). I really love science, but also enjoy writing essays, so thought Linguistics was a perfect compromise! Lovely to meet you too! It would be cool to see you on 11th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Forecast
Offer came through on UCAS at 16:20. I'm post A-level, so my place has been confirmed. :smile:

Firmed mine today earlier as well, really exciting!!
ooo have we migrated to a new thread? fancy

I have all my decisions on track now... trying to decide whether or not it's risky to firm cambridge and just insure UCL right away ahah
Nice! Where's your insurance?

York :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peachykeen
ooo have we migrated to a new thread? fancy

I have all my decisions on track now... trying to decide whether or not it's risky to firm cambridge and just insure UCL right away ahah

Exactly what I did :smile: on reflection UCL might be a bit of a **** insurance because you won't get accommodation very easily if you only find out you're going there in August, so maybe consider that
Original post by Zacken
Nah, you can withdraw your applications from other unis, you don't need to wait to hear back from all of them.

Yeah I know but I wasn't going to a.) Withdraw from my first choice or b.) Not see if I'd get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
So... there's an offer holder at Newnham called Blue Cambridge.

Nominative determinism right there.
@blue2337

I'm positive that there were definitely some raised eyebrows in the pool meeting when looking over my application...
Original post by k.russell
Exactly what I did :smile: on reflection UCL might be a bit of a **** insurance because you won't get accommodation very easily if you only find out you're going there in August, so maybe consider that

crap. er, further incentive to get the grades for cambridge?:tongue:
York :biggrin:

Nice! Gotta love them vikings :wink:

I'm thinking of putting Sheffield as my insurance although I need to check accommodation for insurance offer holders first before I commit. And I think I'll give SOAS one last chance and go to their open day because I haven't looked around properly yet! :biggrin:
Nice! Gotta love them vikings :wink:

I'm thinking of putting Sheffield as my insurance although I need to check accommodation for insurance offer holders first before I commit. And I think I'll give SOAS one last chance and go to their open day because I haven't looked around properly yet! :biggrin:

Sheffield's awesome. Boyfriend is firming them, he loves the place.
Original post by peachykeen
crap. er, further incentive to get the grades for cambridge?:tongue:

Have you done it now? I'm pretty confident of meeting my Cambridge offer (as it's only on one A level and the grade is an A) *performs 15 Hail Marys and touches wood* but I still kinda regret firming UCL given the accommodation situation
Reply 239
Original post by wolfmoon88
:wink: I know you aren't that's why I called you a MHoCer not a Labour Party member :tongue:

I've actually never heard this song before :rofl:

[video="youtube;4CI3lhyNKfo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CI3lhyNKfo[/video]
^We can both agree that this song is not inline with what we agree with :wink:

Spoiler

Neil Kinnock singing that song is an absolute cracker ngl.

Latest

Trending

Trending