The Student Room Group

What are your hobbies?

We've all got them. Whether it's knitting, playing an instrument or even learning a foreign language... I'm interested to know what your hobbies are!

Why do you like it? How long have you been doing it? :ninja:

Scroll to see replies

It's a bit of a secret, in fact this might even be my first time mentioning this on TSR, but I like anime. :colondollar: Have done for *checks calendar* almost exactly 11 and a half years now.

I like it because... I do? :dontknow: I guess I've always liked the artwork/animation style, that's what drew me to it to begin with, and I stayed for the plotlines (though this current season seems to be lacking in originality :sigh: )
Reply 2
Eating and sleeping.

Spoiler

I've always wondered about Astronomy/the universe and when I see the stars at night I've always wished I count identify more than just the moon and Orion's Belt, so just recently I've started learning the constellations/zodiacs and looking into visiting a planetarium. It's actually really interesting snice aside from being able to look up at the sky and notice things/share them with other people, you get to learn about mythological creatures, a bunch of history and stuff about space. So yeah, that's my current hobby.

I tend to get really interested in stuff and master it and then move onto something else. I'm looking at learning a new language after this.

Such. A. Nerd.
I play the ukulele and have done for, er, 4 years or so now. Started off by joining various clubs which I left for various reasons and now get lessons via Skype once a month.
Original post by Paracosm
We've all got them. Whether it's knitting, playing an instrument or even learning a foreign language... I'm interested to know what your hobbies are!

What about the OP's hobbies? :hmmm:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's a bit of a secret, in fact this might even be my first time mentioning this on TSR, but I like anime. :colondollar: Have done for *checks calendar* almost exactly 11 and a half years now.

I like it because... I do? :dontknow: I guess I've always liked the artwork/animation style, that's what drew me to it to begin with, and I stayed for the plotlines (though this current season seems to be lacking in originality :sigh: )

I used to be obsessed with anime, but life has totally gotten in the way and I hardly watch it anymore :frown:Also, I'm really fussy and only watch anime if they're seriously good, and I don't just mean plotline, but even just depth of characters and meaning is enough. It's hard for me to see a series through to the end. I am waiting for AoT season 2 though.

Other hobbies include:
-Walking
-Board games
-Legend of Zelda on the wii :P
-Reading articles (on psychology, health etc)
-Just learning about anything that interests me at the time
-Cooking and baking
-Watching cartoons/Sherlock
-TSRing
Reply 7
Singing - I really want to get fully back into it again
Gaming
Volunteering
Photography
Colouring in :teehee:
Does doing sudoku puzzles count as a hobby? I like doing them in my spare time :tongue:
-Violin :smile:
-French :france:
-Reading
-Playing games (mostly board/card games but the occasional PC game round a friend's house :h:)
-Composing (happens veryyyyyyyyy rarely now but sometimes :tongue: )
-Watching films (French ones, old ones, ones on TV that I record :yy:)
-Doodling :ahee: (definitely not in Maths :flute: :colondollar:)
-Walking/hiking :woo:
-Pokemon Go (:colondollar: :pika: )
-Dingbats/puzzles (sodoku/wordsearches/easy crosswords :rofl:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
-Violin :smile:
-French :france:
-Reading
-Playing games (mostly board/card games but the occasional PC game round a friend's house :h:)
-Composing (happens veryyyyyyyyy rarely now but sometimes :tongue: )
-Watching films (French ones, old ones, ones on TV that I record :yy:)
-Doodling :ahee: (definitely not in Maths :flute: :colondollar:)
-Walking/hiking :woo:
-Pokemon Go (:colondollar: :pika: )
-Dingbats/puzzles (sodoku/wordsearches/easy crosswords :rofl:)

oh my !! you are like a better looking version of me :teehee: ... just replace violin with piano, and easy crosswords with well hard crosswords... :hoppy:
Original post by the bear
oh my !! you are like a better looking version of me :teehee: ... just replace violin with piano, and easy crosswords with well hard crosswords... :hoppy:

Hehe I am sure you are fine Monsieur :mmm:
I am not very good at crosswords but they are fun :gah:
:hugs:
Hehe I am sure you are fine Monsieur :mmm:
I am not very good at crosswords but they are fun :gah:
:hugs:

each day i am doing the i crossword ... it keeps my grey matter working .
Original post by the bear
each day i am doing the i crossword ... it keeps my grey matter working .

Oh mi, I :love: to read the i
I don't often have time for their crosswords,, they are tricky :sadnod:
:fan:
Oh mi, I :love: to read the i
I don't often have time for their crosswords,, they are tricky :sadnod:
:fan:

their version of Sudoku is fun as well. they call it i doku.

also they do something called Zygolex™ on Saturdays

http://auspacmedia.com.au/listings/1565/images/main/listing_image.jpg

very entertaining !!

also Minesweeper ( not on Saturdays tho' :cry: )
Wait for the list:

Spoiler

Original post by Paracosm

I am a leader at my local brownie group.
Ive been doing it for 10 years now. Im hopefully going to be taking over the group as leader in charge in the next year or so.
- French:france:(I like to listen to French music, I'm reading the first Harry Potter book in French, watched some French films, randomly speaking it at home:tongue:)
- Surfing the web, TSR and another forum I go on:wink:
- Listening to music (anything electronic so dubstep, progressive house, trap, drum n bass, deep house, future house, tropical house, hardstyle @UWS :thumbsup:, techno etc etc etc:biggrin:) That includes mixing music (I have made 6:colondollar:) and stuff
- Learning Welsh (need to get back to it tbh:redface:) Thats why I really wanna study in Wales because I can learn it alongside my degree. I watch a Welsh show as well (its amazing:biggrin:)
- Playing guitar = At Grade 6 right now, was also in a guitar group for 4 years but stopped (bad experience last year)
- Puzzles (arrowwords, sudokus, crosswords, codewords, logic puzzles) etc.
- Wii, XBOX
- Quizzes, I love quizzes :thumbsup:
- Bowling, tennis, badminton (:love:)
Reply 18
Original post by IKEAPanda37
- French:france:(I like to listen to French music, I'm reading the first Harry Potter book in French, watched some French films, randomly speaking it at home:tongue:)
- Surfing the web, TSR and another forum I go on:wink:
- Listening to music (anything electronic so dubstep, progressive house, trap, drum n bass, deep house, future house, tropical house, hardstyle @UWS :thumbsup:, techno etc etc etc:biggrin:) That includes mixing music (I have made 6:colondollar:) and stuff
- Learning Welsh (need to get back to it tbh:redface:) Thats why I really wanna study in Wales because I can learn it alongside my degree. I watch a Welsh show as well (its amazing:biggrin:)
- Playing guitar = At Grade 6 right now, was also in a guitar group for 4 years but stopped (bad experience last year)
- Puzzles (arrowwords, sudokus, crosswords, codewords, logic puzzles) etc.
- Wii, XBOX
- Quizzes, I love quizzes :thumbsup:
- Bowling, tennis, badminton (:love:)

Did I get you into hardstyle? :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest