The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shimran Kebabby
dont @ me Driversong. ur dead trims as dead as ur name.

Whatevs u noob :badger:
cant believe I got an offer with ACD at A.S. Over the moon.
Reply 382
Original post by StationToStation
I'n in a similar situatuon to you, you can hear part of my story if you just scroll a few pages back.

Unfortunatetuly all we can hope is to get some feedback that may or may not me useful. Let me know if you find somewhere you can submit appsals to, might be worth a shot!

What other unis thid you apply yo?

Hi, thanks for the nice words.
I have applied to 3 others;
King's College, London
Uni of Exeter
New Castle University

Awaiting the results.
Do you know whether we needed to have submitted the letters from Care Home or the Doctors we worked with? there was no such field in the UCAS application
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
Great! What were your conditions? :smile:

I did my A Levels last year so Unconditional
Original post by suriana
My application was rejected.
I think I have very good credentials, with academic, BMAT performance scores. Done interviews also well.

Hence wondering if I could request for reviewing the decision.

Is there no such review/appeal process?

If you think the interview went well then it didn't
Course: Physics
College: Mansfield
Offer Conditions: A*AA
How did you first hear and when? Email on Wednesday and letter on Thursday

Home, EU or International (Country): Home
School Type (Private/State/Grammar/other): state grammar for GCSE and A levels
GCSE Grades: 7 A* and 4 As
AS Subjects & Grades: AAAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*

Reflection
Strengths: Relevant work experience over the summer, predicted grades and the two interviews at Mansfield (ish)
Weaknesses: Interview at my second college (Corpus Christi) and PAT score
Why did you choose your college? Small and high state school intake
Where else did you apply?
Durham (insurance): Offer - A*A*A
Warwick: Offer - A*AA
Nottingham: Offer - A*AA
Lancaster: Offer - Unconditional

I don't know anyone on my course or at my college so if anyone wants to talk, feel free to message me!:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MickMon
Subject: Economics and Management

College: Keble College

Outcome: Conditional Offer IB 39 points with a 7 6 6 in Higher Level subjects

How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email

How do you feel?: Very surprised and happy with the offer. Did not think my interview was that great.

Does anyone know if there is a chat group for e&m offer holders or those from Keble college?

Congratulations! I'm not aware of a group chat, but I'm an offer holder in History and Politics at Keble, so we might well be seeing each other this October.
Original post by suriana
Anyone can please advise me on the Appeals process in Oxford for Medicine?

Also, if you know of any success rate in Appeals please..

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/feedback?wssl=1
Original post by A_Sircar
Subject: Geography
College: Christ Church
Outcome: Conditional Offer
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: I used to feel like trash. Now I feel like Oxford trash.

Congrats on the offer!
We must have been at Christ Church at the same time for interviews.
Do you know who else got an offer?
Original post by suriana
Hi, Congrats.

So did you apply after A levels? which means you are in a gap year after A2 results.
I am wondering whether to take a gap year, that is why I ask, sorry mate.

Would not that be a loss of one year in studies

Yes I'm applying after A2 but I did A levels a year early so it's not really a gap year - I didn't want to go to uni at 17.
I would definitely recommend a gap year though, because you'll have a better idea of which unis you can get in to and any offers you get should be unconditional.
Subject: Theology and Religion
College: Regent's Park College PPH
Outcome: AAA offer
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): letter at 12:00pm on January 11th
How do you feel?: SO excited but terrified I won't get the grades, I am so desperate to get in because Regent's is my dream college.

I had two interviews at Regent's, two at Worcester ( Theology department policy everyone gets interviewed at 2 colleges) and the ones at Worcester were better - so I expected they passed on feedback to Regent's.
Original post by trabajador
At last!! what was your offer for? (I'm Philosophy and Theology)

Congrats! Mine's history :smile:
Original post by Orlandothefraser
yes! I got an offer for engineering. wbu?

Congratulations! I applied for history so wouldn't have seen you, but well done *claps*
Subject: French and German
College: Worcester
Outcome: Offer AAA
How did you find out: Letter
How do you feel?: At first I scanned the letter for words like "unfortunately" and "sadly" and was pleasantly surprised when I actually saw "pleased to...". The giddiness from yesterday has morphed into slight pressure bc I can't miss this offer! But I'm a happy bunny nonetheless. Hope we all ace our exams this year
@BrasenoseAdm When will Oxford update our UCAS Track????
Subject: Materials Science
College: St Edmund Hall
Outcome: Acceptance!
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email, but would have preferred the owl
How do you feel?: Didn't quite believe it at first, it still feels quite surreal.

I have one question (as I am living in Asia); English could be considered my first language, and the admissions office has requested me to show evidence of English proficiency by July. I have completed my IELTS and i would like to know how do i send my results to them. By directly emailing to them, or is there another way?
Original post by Unidropout
@BrasenoseAdm When will Oxford update our UCAS Track????

Not Brasenose but somerville said beforen end of January
St. Peter's said the same - it's done by the university rather than the college so we should all get it at the same time.
Original post by anastasia.11
Subject: French and German
College: Worcester
Outcome: Offer AAA
How did you find out: Letter
How do you feel?: At first I scanned the letter for words like "unfortunately" and "sadly" and was pleasantly surprised when I actually saw "pleased to...". The giddiness from yesterday has morphed into slight pressure bc I can't miss this offer! But I'm a happy bunny nonetheless. Hope we all ace our exams this year

Another person for Worcester~! I look forward to meeting in October - huge congratulations to you!
Original post by roarchika
Another person for Worcester~! I look forward to meeting in October - huge congratulations to you!

Huge congrats to you too! - see you in October :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending