The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Applicant Day Tomorrow

I've got an applicant day tomorrow but I'm a bit nervous of attending myself. Lunch is provided and the worst bit is having to eat it on my own. I know it sounds really silly but I'm worried I'll look stupid because I don't take my parents...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LGBTvoice
I've got an applicant day tomorrow but I'm a bit nervous of attending myself. Lunch is provided and the worst bit is having to eat it on my own. I know it sounds really silly but I'm worried I'll look stupid because I don't take my parents...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not going to be the only one without parents. Just look for someone else without parents, say hi do you mind if I sit with you? Introduce yourself, and ask them what subject they're there for if it's not a singular subject event, or which college they're at? Boom, instant conversation and possibly a new friend for life.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by LGBTvoice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a lot of people attending tomorrow are going to be nervous, so don't worry about it, lots of people will be in the same boat with you(me being one of them). You have to remember as well that the student track is going to happen before lunch, so chances are you're probably going to know quite a few people before lunch. Just relax, be yourself, and just enjoy the day (You've deserved it for getting an offer).
Reply 3
Original post by Rise-up
I think a lot of people attending tomorrow are going to be nervous, so don't worry about it, lots of people will be in the same boat with you(me being one of them). You have to remember as well that the student track is going to happen before lunch, so chances are you're probably going to know quite a few people before lunch. Just relax, be yourself, and just enjoy the day (You've deserved it for getting an offer).

Thank you ! Makes it seem much better now I'm not the only one in this position XD It's my second time in Liverpool and I'm coming a long way so I'm quite excited in a way :/
Reply 4
Original post by BigYoSpeck
You're not going to be the only one without parents. Just look for someone else without parents, say hi do you mind if I sit with you? Introduce yourself, and ask them what subject they're there for if it's not a singular subject event, or which college they're at? Boom, instant conversation and possibly a new friend for life.

Haha easier said than done but I'll try my best :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending