The Student Room Group

We're not racist nor sexist

Scroll to see replies

Why are people on the right so sensitive about being called out on their ****...
Racist voters more likely to support racist candidate. What a surprise.
Reply 22
Original post by mojojojo101
Why are people on the right so sensitive about being called out on their ****...

Because they know racism is wrong and they don't want to acknowledge they are wrong. So if you say it's not racist or racism has lost its meaning, then you can pretend all is good about your ideals and values.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Well, I'm surprised sexism is strongly correlated, because the majority of white women also voted for Trump.

But as for racism, its obvious that the changing face of America awakened the racism in white Americans, and these Americans quite naturally voted for someone who promised to try tackle this issue (although it is impossible now to reverse).

The same thing can be seen in European countries, even the wealthiest ones with strong growth.

So, the blacks and Latinos that voted for Trump are they racist too?

Just occurred to me,all the non-racist white people who voted for Obama twice and voted for Trump in the last election, are they now racist?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Stella Rubae
Those people didnt vote for Obama. Do you want to start your argument again?

Some of them did:

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/27/obama-to-trump-voters-are-not-a-myth-mdash-but-theyre-also-not-the-real-story/

But that fact doesn't fit with your race baiting, does it.

By the way, how is the race baiting working out just lately?
Who says blacks and latinos can't be racist?

Blacks and Mexicans don't get on too well in the US. But I doubt the latinos were motivated by racial issues.

So, according to you:

White Trump voters=racist

Black Trump voters=possibly racist

Latino Trump voters=not racist

On what planet?

For the record, i believe anyone can be racist.
There is no black and white (heh) of racist or not racist. Everyone is racist to some extent.

However, many white voters were influenced by strong racial biases. Many black voters might have been too.

Do you believe that to resent illegal immigration is racist,even from those adversely impacted by it?
I presume that article is satire? I've never heard of Vox before but if something calls itself 'voice' I'm presuming its not serious.

Exhibit a "Study: racism and sexism predict support for Trump much more than economic dissatisfaction. The study comes with a chart to prove it" They actually wrote 'this study comes with a chart to prove it' as if that's something that needs pointing out or is any way evidence for anything. They also note a bunch of academic claptrap that basically means they were more 'sure' of the racism and sexism which is why the line is steeper, as in its only a more significant feature in their own study because they manipulated it.

Next comes this amazing ridiculousness

"Within this data, the researchers looked at respondents’ answers to various questions about the economy, racism, and sexism. The questions typically measured how much a respondent agreed with statements like, “I am angry that racism exists,” and, “Many women are actually seeking special favors, such as hiring policies that favor them over men, under the guise of asking for ‘equality.’” The researchers then matched responses to the scores shown in the chart above"

So they asked a 1-5 on a bunch of subjective questions and arbitrarily labelled certain answers sexist without even trying to inquire the reasoning behind such answers. 'Do you see people as their colour? No? You believe in colourblindness? RACIST!' This is a study of how many people in what class know to be virtue signalling doughnuts because they asked questions that their elite would know the 'hidden meaning of' but the normal person would not, so the say 'I think meritocracy is best and we don't need affirmative action', and these morons declare the statement to be racist.

This is the worst excuse for a study I've ever seen which is why I say it has to be satire.
(edited 7 years ago)
Who says blacks and latinos can't be racist?

Blacks and Mexicans don't get on too well in the US. But I doubt the latinos were motivated by racial issues.

I've seen interviews with Latino voters saying that they are specifically voting for him because of the wall. Think about it. You spend 10 years waiting to come to a country legally, fill in all the paperwork, work hard etc. and then everyone else just crosses a shallow river and they're in and they're bringing drugs, they're bringing gangs.
Wonder how they measured racism and sexism...

Also: http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/11/15/13595508/racism-trump-research-study

Hue'd
Original post by Lord Gaben
Most of the people in the rustbelt are not racist, they are just working class people who are being left behind by globalism, much like the UK. If they were racist, then why would the same people have voted for Obama twice?

Trump voters aren't typically working class people. Pretty much all research suggests Trump voters are richer than average, and richer than Clinton (or Sanders) voters.
Lol they probably used some nonsense measure to gauge "sexism". After all, the sort of people that write these articles probably think it's sexist to oppose quotas for women etc.
Reply 32
Original post by GonvilleBromhead
I presume that article is satire? I've never heard of Vox before but if something calls itself 'voice' I'm presuming its not serious.

Exhibit a "Study: racism and sexism predict support for Trump much more than economic dissatisfaction. The study comes with a chart to prove it" They actually wrote 'this study comes with a chart to prove it' as if that's something that needs pointing out or is any way evidence for anything. They also note a bunch of academic claptrap that basically means they were more 'sure' of the racism and sexism which is why the line is steeper, as in its only a more significant feature in their own study because they manipulated it.

Next comes this amazing ridiculousness

"Within this data, the researchers looked at respondents’ answers to various questions about the economy, racism, and sexism. The questions typically measured how much a respondent agreed with statements like, “I am angry that racism exists,” and, “Many women are actually seeking special favors, such as hiring policies that favor them over men, under the guise of asking for ‘equality.’” The researchers then matched responses to the scores shown in the chart above"

So they asked a 1-5 on a bunch of subjective questions and arbitrarily labelled certain answers sexist without even trying to inquire the reasoning behind such answers. 'Do you see people as their colour? No? You believe in colourblindness? RACIST!' This is a study of how many people in what class know to be virtue signalling doughnuts because they asked questions that their elite would know the 'hidden meaning of' but the normal person would not, so the say 'I think meritocracy is best and we don't need affirmative action', and these morons declare the statement to be racist.

This is the worst excuse for a study I've ever seen which is why I say it has to be satire.

As hard as it is to believe it isn't a satire site
Reply 33
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lol they probably used some nonsense measure to gauge "sexism". After all, the sort of people that write these articles probably think it's sexist to oppose quotas for women etc.

"Hey look at me I am not sexist".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending