The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medwannabe12
I'm an international student and I received an interview offer on 7 December? Just had my interview yesterday
7.4 6.7 3.5A

Congratulations! Did you apply to the graduate entry program?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by InternationalDoc
Congratulations! Did you apply for the graduate entry program?

Thanks! I'm an undergraduate.
Original post by Medwannabe12
I'm an international student and I received an interview offer on 7 December? Just had my interview yesterday
7.4 6.7 3.5A

How was it?
Just got an interview! BMAT 5.2, 5.1, 3.5A. A*AA predictions, 6 a*s 4 a's GCSE. Home undergraduate.
Does anybody know if the Band 2 interviews are any different or harder in comparison to the Band 1 interviews? There must be some difference, otherwise there would be no need in banding the applicants? Or, what is the banding system for if that is not true?
Reply 985
Original post by meMyself&I
Does anybody know if the Band 2 interviews are any different or harder in comparison to the Band 1 interviews? There must be some difference, otherwise there would be no need in banding the applicants? Or, what is the banding system for if that is not true?

I don't think they used the banding system this year but I might be wrong

There is no difference, once you're at the interview stage then there is no discrimination. The banding (if there was any) was probably just a way to organise everyone, it's much easier to organise things when they're in order! If anything, later interviews should actually be easier as you've had more time to prepare...
@usycool1 I had my interview the other day and feel i messed up a little on the teamwork example by giving a more leadership geared example, they mentioned this to me which caused me to then ramble a little and give a weak example. do you think this alone will take me out of the running
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 988

I think banding set stem may be used to decide who gets priority for an interview. So they give all interviews to the best band 1 applicants then if there are spaces left they choose the best band 2 applicants and so on, until there are no spaces left.
(edited 7 years ago)
I just received post interview offer from Imperial this evening!! I can't believe it!!! I'm an A109 applicant and had my interview in December by the way :smile:
Reply 990
Original post by tommychien83
I just received post interview offer from Imperial this evening!! I can't believe it!!! I'm an A109 applicant and had my interview in December by the way :smile:

Congratulations!!!! That's amazing!
My BMAT is very low s1 4.5 s2 5.4 and s3 2,5A . I hope i get an interview offer . Have seen people with similar BMAT score getting interiew offers
Reply 992
Have imperial started rejecting?
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
@usycool1 I had my interview the other day and feel i messed up a little on the teamwork example by giving a more leadership geared example, they mentioned this to me which caused me to then ramble a little and give a weak example. do you think this alone will take me out of the running

Absolutely not, if the rest of the interview was ok.
Has anyone already had their interview? If so what sort of questions did they ask and were there's a lot of questions about science we learn in school or is it just personal?
Original post by usycool1
Absolutely not, if the rest of the interview was ok.

thanks for settling my conscience, hope i remember it as worse than it was, what do you think it means if i felt like my interviewers were slightly harsh and pushing me to finish and cutting me off before i could wrap my answer up, making it seem disjointed

also, after interviews is interview performance the only thing used to differentiate ( nothing else considered) and is the offer/rejection decision made right after you leave the room?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by song_han
Has anyone already had their interview? If so what sort of questions did they ask and were there's a lot of questions about science we learn in school or is it just personal?

Not allowed to tell you, that being said, google imperial medicine interview freedom of information
thanks for settling my conscience, hope i remember it as worse than it was, what do you think it means if i felt like my interviewers were slightly harsh and pushing me to finish and cutting me off before i could wrap my answer up, making it seem disjointed

also, after interviews is interview performance the only thing used to differentiate ( nothing else considered) and is the offer/rejection decision made right after you leave the room?

When I had my interview a couple of years ago, the interviewers were very harsh with me and cut me off and laughed at some of my answers. :ashamed2: I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's just likely that they were interested in what you had to say.

The decision is usually made after you leave the room I believe, and I feel it's based only on interview performance. That's nothing official though, it's just me saying it so it could be wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not allowed to tell you, that being said, google imperial medicine interview freedom of information

Do they ask you questions about your section 3 on the bmat?
Original post by usycool1
When I had my interview a couple of years ago, the interviewers very very harsh with me and cut me off and laughed at some of my answers. :ashamed2: I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's just likely that they were interested in what you had to say.

The decision is usually made after you leave the room I believe, and I feel it's based only on interview performance. That's nothing official though, it's just me saying it so it could be wrong.

Thank you very much for answering my questions and slightly settling my conscience ( i fear my pessimism wont let me relax ).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending