The Student Room Group

Can I work in Uk or other countries???

I live in Hong Kong
Just wanna leave this hassle and bustle city. Does anyone know that is it possible to find a job like housekeeper or babysitter in there ?? I'm 20 years old
Thank you so much
Original post by mikibaby
I live in Hong Kong
Just wanna leave this hassle and bustle city. Does anyone know that is it possible to find a job like housekeeper or babysitter in there ?? I'm 20 years old
Thank you so much

You want to leave Hong Kong? I want to work and live in Hong Kong (because I'm British Born Chinese (BBC))! :lol:

I think in my best honest opinion you're more likely to get waiter/ressing work at Chinese restaurant and seem as you live in Hong Kong, you can share what you know about the cuisine to customers. However there aren't a lot of Chinese restaurants; they are sometimes located in city centres. London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool have their own Chinatowns.
There are also Chinese takeaways too where you can train to be a chef or be a counter assistant, taking customer orders and preparing food in containers. But you have to look around for takeaways because they are literally everywhere in the country. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
You want to leave Hong Kong? I want to work and live in Hong Kong (because I'm British Born Chinese (BBC))! :lol:

I think in my best honest opinion you're more likely to get waiter/ressing work at Chinese restaurant and seem as you live in Hong Kong, you can share what you know about the cuisine to customers. However there aren't a lot of Chinese restaurants; they are sometimes located in city centres. London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool have their own Chinatowns.
There are also Chinese takeaways too but you have to look around because they are literally anywhere in the country. :smile:

Thank you so much ..so you are Chinese as well ^^ nice to meet u haaa
But how can I find those job via internet in hk ><
Thank you so much ..so you are Chinese as well ^^ nice to meet u haaa
But how can I find those job via internet in hk ><

Try indeed.co.uk and search for any jobs you would like to do.

You need to sort out your visa too, but not sure where you should go to do that? :s-smilie:

What is it like living in Hong Kong? I've only been there for 2 week holidays to see the extended family! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Boreism
Try indeed.co.uk and search for any jobs you would like to do.

You need to sort out your visa too, but not sure where you should go to do that? :s-smilie:

What is it like living in Hong Kong? I've only been there for 2 week holidays to see the extended family! :smile:

Ok ..I will try :smile:
Um... for my opinion ., I think hk is quite hassle and bustle ..lots of stress 😭 :/
Btw, where are u from ?
Um... for my opinion ., I think hk is quite hassle and bustle ..lots of stress 😭 :/
Btw, where are u from ?

Parents are Hong Kongers but moved to UK 42 years ago...

That is why I initially didn't want to emigrate but you get that everywhere I think, especially here!

I'm from Birmingham. Which part of Hong Kong are you from?
Reply 6
Original post by Boreism
Parents are Hong Kongers but moved to UK 42 years ago...

That is why I initially didn't want to emigrate but you get that everywhere I think, especially here!

I'm from Birmingham. Which part of Hong Kong are you from?

You don't want to emigrate ?? Why ?
Hong Kong is crowed .. hassle and bustle ..u like staying here?! ><New Territories
Btw, where are u from ?

You have to get over here with a visa first, which is indeed a pain in the ass.
You don't want to emigrate ?? Why ?
Hong Kong is crowed .. hassle and bustle ..u like staying here?! ><New Territories

Well parents seem to think there are better prospects over in Hong Kong better living wages. Although I'm not too sure; could be wrong?
Reply 9
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You have to get over here with a visa first, which is indeed a pain in the ass.

Indeed a pain in the ass???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Boreism
Well parents seem to think there are better prospects over in Hong Kong better living wages. Although I'm not too sure; could be wrong?

Maybe you are right ..but the competition is really fierce ..how about U.K.?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree that it is a lot of trouble at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He means the visa is a pain in the ass. There are a lot of arrests in regards to immigration. It's an extremely heavy subject in this country. Heard of the Brexit situation?

Maybe you are right ..but the competition is really fierce ..how about U.K.?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest its fierce in any and every country. But we mustn't give up because that would be too easy. :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Boreism
He means the visa is a pain in the ass. There are a lot of arrests in regards to immigration. It's an extremely heavy subject in this country. Heard of the Brexit situation?

To be honest its fierce in any and every country. But we mustn't give up because that would be too easy. :yep:

Yes..you are right .. but what is the meaning of a pain in the ass haha
So are you speaking Chinese at home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes..you are right .. but what is the meaning of a pain in the ass haha
So are you speaking Chinese at home?

Posted from TSR Mobile

疼痛的屁股

I hope I've translated it right! If not it means there is a lot of trouble it's an extremely lengthy process. :frown:

We speak Cantonese, but my mum is half Hakka.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Boreism
疼痛的屁股

I hope I've translated it right! If not it means there is a lot of trouble it's an extremely lengthy process. :frown:

We speak Cantonese, but my mum is half Hakka.

屁股😂My mom is Hakka as well ..but is not pure ..hahahahahahahHaha ..s

Posted from TSR Mobile
屁股😂My mom is Hakka as well ..but is not pure ..hahahahahahahHaha ..s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot...you Hong Kongers follow the Americans when it comes to English dialects! :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply