The Student Room Group

Help with cgp books!

Hi, I can't find anything to do with endoscope in the CGP AQA science book. I want to use it but I feel like it's missing crucial information. HELP!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moltenmo
Hi, I can't find anything to do with endoscope in the CGP AQA science book. I want to use it but I feel like it's missing crucial information. HELP!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use the revision guides from my text book (AQA) because i know it's not missing anything as it's written by the examiners
I don't really trust cgp for anything more than a B/A maybe....
So i'd suggest seeing if your textbook offers an official revision guide :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by koala789
I use the revision guides from my text book (AQA) because i know it's not missing anything as it's written by the examiners
I don't really trust cgp for anything more than a B/A maybe....
So i'd suggest seeing if your textbook offers an official revision guide :smile:

Erghhh stop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry though! You can do well from class notes etc.
I don't do the same board as you, but what i'd suggest is checking if endoscopes are listed in the specification for your board.
If they aren't then dont worry... you dont need to know them even if you covered them in class!
But if it is listed then either check that your cgp is the right board, find a board-certified revision guide, or write your own notes from the spec (I've done the 2 latter)
Good luck!!
Reply 4
Original post by koala789
Don't worry though! You can do well from class notes etc.
I don't do the same board as you, but what i'd suggest is checking if endoscopes are listed in the specification for your board.
If they aren't then dont worry... you dont need to know them even if you covered them in class!
But if it is listed then either check that your cgp is the right board, find a board-certified revision guide, or write your own notes from the spec (I've done the 2 latter)
Good luck!!

I just want to point out that a lot of people have managed to get A* by using the CGP revision guide.
In addition, when revising I use both the course textbook and the guide as I find this is a good combination. Agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure you've got the right book?
Reply 6
Original post by etudiebee
Are you sure you've got the right book?

Yes, it's the AQA physics revision guide by CGP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want to point out that a lot of people have managed to get A* by using the CGP revision guide.
In addition, when revising I use both the course textbook and the guide as I find this is a good combination. Agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! You can obviously get an A* with the help of CGP... but as you said, it would be best used in conjunction with either the textbook, class notes, and/ or practice papers.
What I meant was that using CGP exclusivly would not get you top grade(s), sorry if that was unclear!
And I agree, a good idea is to read through pages of the textbook and compare them against the revsion guide (e.g. CGP) and add anything you think is missing/ re-iterate difficult topics using post-it notes :smile:
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you've got the wrong spec?

As long as you just use your own notes to fill in the gaps you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check page 90 at the bottom
Reply 10
Original post by sammychu00
Check page 90 at the bottom

Page 90 is about stars and galaxies. Is this the AQA GCSE CGP revision textbook for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Page 90 is about stars and galaxies. Is this the AQA GCSE CGP revision textbook for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's in the section with TIR
Reply 13
Yeah, it's in the section with TIR

TIR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Total internal reflection
Reply 15
Total internal reflection

Do you mind sending me a photo? I can't see it anywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the section from the textbook
Reply 17
Here's the section from the textbook

Wait, is this from the 9-1 textbook or the other one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait, is this from the 9-1 textbook or the other one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Other one, it may not be on the new spec, but if a question comes up it will be an application question as opposed to one where they ask you outright what an endoscope does
Reply 19
Other one, it may not be on the new spec, but if a question comes up it will be an application question as opposed to one where they ask you outright what an endoscope does

What page is that picture from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest