The Student Room Group

How long until I get A/B's on c1 past papers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bulletzone
Quoting people who have posted on this thread for Chem tips:

@Nere
@the_malis
@chloecrazy You'll have to give me time for Biology as I don't do it and I'm relying on others. :redface:
@shohaib712

Hello, that's fine, thank you so much!!
The chem will be helpful for my friend, so thank you for that too :smile:
Reply 21
Quoting people who have posted on this thread for Chem tips:

@Nere
@the_malis
@chloecrazy You'll have to give me time for Biology as I don't do it and I'm relying on others. :redface:
@shohaib712

If you are doing AQA chemistry (which is what I am doing) be sure to check around mark schemes for exam papers that you do and see what the examiners demand AQA right now is very harsh in exams you have to be highly specific and if you are not you lose marks
Chemistry Tips:
:hi:
I am one of probably many students who have not covered the whole Chemistry course, so I shall leave tips on revision tips if you have finished the AS Chem and if you have not.

Technique for once you have not finished the Course:

1)Get all your notes together and make a list of what you have done.
2)Open up the Appropriate Specification and for the List of things you have done read what the Specification point says and Ask yourself whether you can do it or not.

Edexcel Specification:

Spoiler

AQA Specification:

Spoiler

OCR Specification:

Spoiler

3) As you're reading the specification points related to the topic you have done, You're going to leave either a Red Mark, Blue Mark or Black Mark. (They don't have to be these colours, it can be shapes or anything).
If you're feeling very comfortable with the topic, Leave a Blue mark.
If you're feeling Ok with the topic, Leave a Black Mark.
If you're feeling very Weak with the topic, Leave a Red mark.

If you're unsure on your status with the topic check the spoiler below.

Spoiler

4)Starting from the Red mark, to the Blue then to the black (Yes going over what you're comfortable with is essential), Watch a Video; Go over your notes or whatever is best for you here. Use the material to go through the topic. If you're watching videos and you're asked questions, Stop and think about the answer.

Revision Sources:

Spoiler

5)Once you have gone over and have developed a deeper understanding of the topic, Answer half of the questions under the category you have revised. The reason I have said half is because, if you have not understood something, you can go back over the videos and notes and then make corrections before proceeding to finish the questions.
If you require any specific board linked below then please feel free to ask. They are all located at this site, I'm just bringing all material to one place to make it easier for y'all :tongue:

Chemistry Questions AQA:
Physical Chemistry:

Spoiler

Organic Chemistry:

Spoiler

Inorganic Chemistry:

Spoiler

6)Done the Topic? Make a few brief flashcards (limit to 5) and list key points or Questions and Answers. These can be used in future to remind you of the topic. If you made any notes related to the topic, Put the notes and the flashcards all in one sleeve so that revision for the real exams will be easier than ever :biggrin:

Technique for once you have not finished the Course:
To save me the pain of typing, It is pretty much the same as the first one, however:
You first do a past paper and use that to point out your weaker areas.

Hope this helps anyone!
If you reach a point where you're genuinely stuck then Please talk to someone about it.

Wish you all the best in your Mocks! :biggrin:

Sources: Physics&mathstutors.com and .a-levelchemistry.co.uk/

Hey!
Sorry for not replying sooner I was busy with mocks which I have now finished :biggrin:
Thanks so much for the detailed guide :smile:

I found the chemistry mock (2016 ocr paper) hard!!! There was too many complicated questions (e.g. working out hard mole equations of neutralisation reactions with percentages :/) + the questions format was so different to the past papers. On the other hand I found biology great :biggrin:

I got my C1 results back (the 1 I failed in): I got above half the marks so a D?

Right now I'm just doing the C1 questions for practice and tomorrow hopefully finish my chemistry notes :smile:

How where your mocks? ;P
Original post by shohaib712
Hey!
Sorry for not replying sooner I was busy with mocks which I have now finished :biggrin:
Thanks so much for the detailed guide :smile:

I found the chemistry mock (2016 ocr paper) hard!!! There was too many complicated questions (e.g. working out hard mole equations of neutralisation reactions with percentages :/) + the questions format was so different to the past papers. On the other hand I found biology great :biggrin:

I got my C1 results back (the 1 I failed in): I got above half the marks so a D?

Right now I'm just doing the C1 questions for practice and tomorrow hopefully finish my chemistry notes :smile:

How where your mocks? ;P

Don't have em until Feburary :colonhash:

Even then, I am skeptical about having finished the course, we haven't even started Inorganic Chemistry ._.

Quick Reply

Latest