The Student Room Group

Should i tell my teacher like 80% of my set cheated on a french exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Popsiclez
What moi??!

All I simply did is state what the education system has turned into, just an observation not promoting anything, but if you want to cheat I'm not going to stop you. It's not like the whole thing has been made into a joke anyway.

It's not a joke, I don't understand what you mean. I understand that the changes are a bit sudden. Also, in another forum where someone said he was going to cheat, you supported this. So I am not making any assumption. If you are not going to stop someone from cheating, stay out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't say anythin
Original post by Moltenmo
It's not a joke, I don't understand what you mean. I understand that the changes are a bit sudden. Also, in another forum where someone said he was going to cheat, you supported this. So I am not making any assumption. If you are not going to stop someone from cheating, stay out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What! I'm being framed I genuinely don't remember this? I'm not supporting anything just pointing out observations take that as you will. The system is crap anyway kudos to anyone who takes opportunities when they see it. Im not supporting it completely neutral just acknowledging something.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Not really.

If they f*** up the grade boundaries because they were too lazy to revise, they deserve what they get.

Wtf. I shouldn't be in shock but I still am. Why be so petty?

Whoever agrees that he should tell his teacher deserve all they get (which is probably a lonely existence).

It's just gcse French. Just so you all know my French teacher let my whole class cheat. During the cw/written essay type thing (this was many years ago) she wrote a template on the board and asked us to copy and fill the gaps. During my oral exam, when I went she told me to get my notes so she can 'see'. She clearly wanted me to see too and signaled that it was okay for me to look. Apparently she let everyone else too.

Call the police please
Original post by Mnanon123
Wtf. I shouldn't be in shock but I still am. Why be so petty?

Whoever agrees that he should tell his teacher deserve all they get (which is probably a lonely existence).

It's just gcse French. Just so you all know my French teacher let my whole class cheat. During the cw/written essay type thing (this was many years ago) she wrote a template on the board and asked us to copy and fill the gaps. During my oral exam, when I went she told me to get my notes so she can 'see'. She clearly wanted me to see too and signaled that it was okay for me to look. Apparently she let everyone else too.

Call the police please

I'm talking about if it was my class at school.
I didn't care for those dickheads. :h:
What! I'm being framed I genuinely don't remember this? I'm not supporting anything just pointing out observations take that as you will. The system is crap anyway kudos to anyone who takes opportunities when they see it. Im not supporting it completely neutral just acknowledging something.

Lmao stop saying the "system is crap". Why is it crap? Is it because you seem to be doing poor in subjects? If this is the case, then please reconsider your judgement. Perhaps, it's your revision which is at question, not the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Lmao stop saying the "system is crap". Why is it crap? Is it because you seem to be doing poor in subjects? If this is the case, then please reconsider your judgement. Perhaps, it's your revision which is at question, not the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please stop attacking me!
I'm talking about if it was my class at school.
I didn't care for those dickheads. :h:

Fine but that's still petty. If I don't like someone/some people I would just mind my business and keep it moving. I don't wish negative **** on anyone especially if it's so petty. Cheating on a gcse? No one died and it doesn't really affect you. You may have to do the exam again at worst. I'd rather that than be a petty snitch. Sometimes be a team player. I have cheated (not much) and helped others cheat off me many times. Tbh I would take the opportunity if I was in this kids class. Everyone else is doing it and no one died. Some people see it as cheating , maybe others saw it as using initiative.
Original post by whowannadate
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

I mean memorising answers isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if the teaching isn't good. You can use the answers you gave to the mock exam to try and derive correct answers in the real exam, though it's not really an appropriate substitute for actually learning the material. If this has been happening your teacher may want to set another test, which is more revision so not a bad thing at all.

I'd do the decent thing and be honest. See what happens. Don't try to paint a picture of your classmates as villainous cheaters, just say it how it is. You don't want to accuse someone of cheating who's been completely honest. It just will probably help people in the long run (including future cohorts) if the teacher knows about this source of answers.
Fine but that's still petty. If I don't like someone/some people I would just mind my business and keep it moving. I don't wish negative **** on anyone especially if it's so petty. Cheating on a gcse? No one died and it doesn't really affect you. You may have to do the exam again at worst. I'd rather that than be a petty snitch. Sometimes be a team player. I have cheated (not much) and helped others cheat off me many times. Tbh I would take the opportunity if I was in this kids class. Everyone else is doing it and no one died. Some people see it as cheating , maybe others saw it as using initiative.

Idc.

Some of those people made my life a living hell, so again, I really don't care. :h:
Idc.

Some of those people made my life a living hell, so again, I really don't care. :h:

Yeah well that kind of attitude will only make things worse for you. You shouldn't stoop so low to get them back. Sometimes it is hard to treat people better than how they treat you but I wouldn't go so far as getting them into trouble. Some people may see cheating as against their morals. Fair enough, but I think snitching is much worse. Let them cheat and if you don't agree with it then no ones forcing you to join them. Maybe you were joking because these people hurt you a lot? Or they broke you down to reach such a low level but okay, I won't judge.
Reply 92
Original post by whowannadate
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

this literally happened in our class... unfair for those who actually worked hard..... i'd say do it anonymously?
send a letter to the school as an anon student explaining ? indo-- it's a tough one! can it be a re-sit?
Yeah well that kind of attitude will only make things worse for you. You shouldn't stoop so low to get them back. Sometimes it is hard to treat people better than how they treat you but I wouldn't go so far as getting them into trouble. Some people may see cheating as against their morals. Fair enough, but I think snitching is much worse. Let them cheat and if you don't agree with it then no ones forcing you to join them. Maybe you were joking because these people hurt you a lot? Or they broke you down to reach such a low level but okay, I won't judge.

Not really, as if we're talking about GCSE's, I'd be out of there before anything 'worse' could happen.

I'm sorry, you may be this great, amazing person that opposes the concept of revenge. I'm not, so can we just leave it at that. :smile:

Also, what sanction they would potentially get from this, isn't anything close to what they subjected me to.
Not really, as if we're talking about GCSE's, I'd be out of there before anything 'worse' could happen.

I'm sorry, you may be this great, amazing person that opposes the concept of revenge. I'm not, so can we just leave it at that. :smile:

Also, what sanction they would potentially get from this, isn't anything close to what they subjected me to.

Yeah well I am against revenge. I can't say I've been in any position where I have felt like people made my life a 'living hell' so again I won't judge you. But if someone has hurt me then I tend to think 'why would they do that? Why do something so hurtful, I wouldn't do that'. And then I remind myself that yes, I wouldn't do that and that's enough to make me feel better and begin to move on. The way I see it, those people will see the repercussions of their actions. One example that comes to mind. A friend I know 'borrowed' a few hundred pounds and didn't intend to give it back. I was upset and thinking wtf is that how little she values me? She would snake me over a little money? Then I just felt sorry for her and o felt glad that I couldn't do something like that to a friend especially. If she comtinues to be greedy, selfish and an ungrateful friend then she won't get far in life.
I know that's a minor example but I guarantee that those people that you knew... If they really did horrible things to you then they won't get far in life. They won't be able to form genuine and sustainable friendships or any kind of relationships . and will lead miserable insecure lives which they try to fix by making others feel like ****.
Yeah well I am against revenge. I can't say I've been in any position where I have felt like people made my life a 'living hell' so again I won't judge you. But if someone has hurt me then I tend to think 'why would they do that? Why do something so hurtful, I wouldn't do that'. And then I remind myself that yes, I wouldn't do that and that's enough to make me feel better and begin to move on. The way I see it, those people will see the repercussions of their actions. One example that comes to mind. A friend I know 'borrowed' a few hundred pounds and didn't intend to give it back. I was upset and thinking wtf is that how little she values me? She would snake me over a little money? Then I just felt sorry for her and o felt glad that I couldn't do something like that to a friend especially. If she comtinues to be greedy, selfish and an ungrateful friend then she won't get far in life.
I know that's a minor example but I guarantee that those people that you knew... If they really did horrible things to you then they won't get far in life. They won't be able to form genuine and sustainable friendships or any kind of relationships . and will lead miserable insecure lives which they try to fix by making others feel like ****.

I guess. :s-smilie:
Please stop attacking me!

Sorry. I just felt like what you were saying wasn't correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry. I just felt like what you were saying wasn't correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I'm saying is that the system is crap, and theres no point in stopping people from cheating. All School is good for now is grabbing that Qualification and dumping the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The system isn't crap. It does its job. It teaches people how to pass exams without learning anything and conditions them to believe that their self-worth and intelligence is determined by a letter on paper. A perfect drone for the workforce.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aboib
this literally happened in our class... unfair for those who actually worked hard..... i'd say do it anonymously?
send a letter to the school as an anon student explaining ? indo-- it's a tough one! can it be a re-sit?

Thx for ur reply - probs wont be a resit, but i could email my teacher anonymously

Quick Reply

Latest