The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blue2337
This is a long shot, but is anyone here thinking of applying for a choral award/scholarship?

Blue, yes, my daughter is thinking of it.
Original post by sir albert
Blue, yes, my daughter is thinking of it.

Oh how lovely!!! For which college? Congratulations on her offer!
Oh how lovely!!! For which college? Congratulations on her offer!

Thank you. Congrats on your success too. She has an open offer, underwritten by Fitzwilliam for Music.
Original post by wolfmoon88

I know you aren't that's why I called you a MHoCer not a Labour Party member

I've actually never heard this song before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CI3lhyNKfo

^We can both agree that this song is not inline with what we agree with

Spoiler

Ahh, I somehow managed not to see that bit of your post:tongue:

Well it's not in line with my beliefs in that I think it's about getting killed, so yeah hopefully not before I've met my offer:rofl:

Spoiler

This is a long shot, but is anyone here thinking of applying for a choral award/scholarship?

Me!! Long shot though as I can't read music:redface:
Original post by mehokay
Offer from Newnham for Law! 🎉
Any other Newnham/Law offer holders here?

Yo dude me at queens!

Yeah if they'll have male Altos/counter tenors.
Massive congratulations to your daughter, Homerton is so lovely, I have an old friend who's the president of their music soc :smile: I've got an offer from Newnham and I'm thinking of applying to Selwyn Choir but it seems really daunting and I'm a bit worried about the aural tests! Is your daughter a soprano or alto?

hey im thinking of applying to selwyn choir!

Hey - thinking of going for one and I did the preliminary auditions so fingers crossed but never thought I'd get this far/ it's so surreal. Congrats on your offer! What are you hoping to study?
Original post by Mfp3343
hey im thinking of applying to selwyn choir!

Oh my gosh how cool!!!!! I'm a Newnham offer holder but apparently we merge with Selwyn which is awesome because the chapel is GORGEOUS :smile: which part do you sing? How much experience do you have? :P I'm so inexperienced but I'm super enthusiastic so I hope that works in my favour hahaha
Original post by catherine2222xx
Hey - thinking of going for one and I did the preliminary auditions so fingers crossed but never thought I'd get this far/ it's so surreal. Congrats on your offer! What are you hoping to study?

Hey that's great!! Which college do you have an offer and which subject?! I'm Linguistics at Newnham eek, I'm so excited :smile: I'm a soprano btw, what abouts you?
Oh my gosh how cool!!!!! I'm a Newnham offer holder but apparently we merge with Selwyn which is awesome because the chapel is GORGEOUS :smile: which part do you sing? How much experience do you have? :P I'm so inexperienced but I'm super enthusiastic so I hope that works in my favour hahaha

ive got an offer at selwyn- im not sure whether i should apply or not because ive never had lessons or anything but ive been in quite a few choirs and im really musical haha and play a few instruments. Im a soprano, what about you?
Hey that's great!! Which college do you have an offer and which subject?! I'm Linguistics at Newnham eek, I'm so excited :smile: I'm a soprano btw, what abouts you?

Thank you! I'm Theology at Newnham too so will be nice to see a friendly face! I'm a soprano but not sure whether I want to apply to Selwyn to sing there or be a volunteer at another college.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Me!! Long shot though as I can't read music:redface:

Hahahahahaha this is literally me!!! I can sing the tune when I've heard it a few times, but a soloist I am most definitely not :P Which part are you? In fact, which course and college are you (fingers crossed!) going to be at?!
Original post by Mfp3343
ive got an offer at selwyn- im not sure whether i should apply or not because ive never had lessons or anything but ive been in quite a few choirs and im really musical haha and play a few instruments. Im a soprano, what about you?

Oh my gosh well done, Selwyn looks amazing! I'm in exactly the same boat; I've never had lessons but I've been in so many choirs and I just love singing so I figured I'm not losing anything by applying, right? :smile: I'm sop (2) too! Which instruments? I have my grade 3 in Viola so watch out :wink:

Thank you! I'm Theology at Newnham too so will be nice to see a friendly face! I'm a soprano but not sure whether I want to apply to Selwyn to sing there or be a volunteer at another college.

Eek, there are so many Newnhamites it's incredible, I can already feel myself falling in love with the college and people in it :smile: Theology is such a niche course, I feel you there! (Linguistics) Are you going to the open day in Feb? If so I'll be the super duper excited one with the big smile, hope you recognise me :P there are so many sopranos - I mean it's without a doubt the best anyway... - it would be so cool if we both got into the choirs!
Oh my gosh well done, Selwyn looks amazing! I'm in exactly the same boat; I've never had lessons but I've been in so many choirs and I just love singing so I figured I'm not losing anything by applying, right? :smile: I'm sop (2) too! Which instruments? I have my grade 3 in Viola so watch out :wink:

Eek, there are so many Newnhamites it's incredible, I can already feel myself falling in love with the college and people in it :smile: Theology is such a niche course, I feel you there! (Linguistics) Are you going to the open day in Feb? If so I'll be the super duper excited one with the big smile, hope you recognise me :P there are so many sopranos - I mean it's without a doubt the best anyway... - it would be so cool if we both got into the choirs!

I know! It's such a gorgeous college and yes I'll be there! I know- there's so many!! would be great and I'd love to do it - just hoping to get the grades now to get in!
Hahahahahaha this is literally me!!! I can sing the tune when I've heard it a few times, but a soloist I am most definitely not :P Which part are you? In fact, which course and college are you (fingers crossed!) going to be at?!

Omg I'm glad I'm not alone then:tongue: Going to try and learn to read a bit before auditions though xD

Can sing tenor and bass(so, baritone I guess), and King's for History - you?:smile:
I know! It's such a gorgeous college and yes I'll be there! I know- there's so many!! would be great and I'd love to do it - just hoping to get the grades now to get in!

What's your offer, A*AA? Or are you one of those IB-ers? If it helps, I have faith in you!
What's your offer, A*AA? Or are you one of those IB-ers? If it helps, I have faith in you!

Yep - A*AA! What about you?

I love singing so much too haha! im more of a first soprano and my main instrument is clarinet but i play a few others but not at such a high standard
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Sunday, train will arrive by 2:30pm, and then taxi to Medwards.

Come to homerton and have some plum and cherry pop then do my mock on monday for me

Latest

Trending

Trending