The Student Room Group

Should i tell my teacher like 80% of my set cheated on a french exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mnanon123
Yeah well I am against revenge. I can't say I've been in any position where I have felt like people made my life a 'living hell' so again I won't judge you. But if someone has hurt me then I tend to think 'why would they do that? Why do something so hurtful, I wouldn't do that'. And then I remind myself that yes, I wouldn't do that and that's enough to make me feel better and begin to move on. The way I see it, those people will see the repercussions of their actions. One example that comes to mind. A friend I know 'borrowed' a few hundred pounds and didn't intend to give it back. I was upset and thinking wtf is that how little she values me? She would snake me over a little money? Then I just felt sorry for her and o felt glad that I couldn't do something like that to a friend especially. If she comtinues to be greedy, selfish and an ungrateful friend then she won't get far in life.
I know that's a minor example but I guarantee that those people that you knew... If they really did horrible things to you then they won't get far in life. They won't be able to form genuine and sustainable friendships or any kind of relationships . and will lead miserable insecure lives which they try to fix by making others feel like ****.

Original post by Popsiclez
All I'm saying is that the system is crap, and theres no point in stopping people from cheating. All School is good for now is grabbing that Qualification and dumping the rest.

I really don't know why there is all this defence of cheating. It was going on at my school, college and degree. I never grassed anyone up about it, although a couple of times i did put in complaints about lecturers not doing their job properly. I'm sure you can imagine that went down a storm.

Seriously it is up to you (the op). The whole process should be confidential, and they may well take no action over it, so it shouldn't be a problem either way. But seriously, if anyone, including anyone from tsr, is giving you problems, just send them round my way okay?!
Original post by whowannadate
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

A lot of ppl are saying to not snitch, but I get it the social pressures, the betrayal and hatred by classmates. It's all very unnerving but I am happy that you didn't get involved w/ them ! ☺️ Wrong is wrong doesn't matter if 80% did it and it's not snitching/grassing ppl, it's telling the TRUTH! Final thoughts are if you can't tell the teacher, try to stop the students ! And if you can't do any of these then don't get involved with their shenanigans ! X hope this helps ! Btw I've got a really fun story just like what happened to you😂😂 anyone want to listen ?
Original post by Ali$hah
A lot of ppl are saying to not snitch, but I get it the social pressures, the betrayal and hatred by classmates. It's all very unnerving but I am happy that you didn't get involved w/ them ! ☺️ Wrong is wrong doesn't matter if 80% did it and it's not snitching/grassing ppl, it's telling the TRUTH! Final thoughts are if you can't tell the teacher, try to stop the students ! And if you can't do any of these then don't get involved with their shenanigans ! X hope this helps ! Btw I've got a really fun story just like what happened to you😂😂 anyone want to listen ?

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it just a mock?
Guessing it is.
If it was real wouldn't that result in them getting a good grade. But get a good grade in the mocks and a bad one in the real exam im guessing you meant?

Basically what happened was before Christmas hols we had an RE test (I mean we were supposed to have an RE test) until some bright bloke in the class decided that it was a good idea to hide the test papers before the substitute teacher came in (btw if our proper RE teacher had came in that day none of this would've happened !) and a few peeps hid the note telling sub teacher about the test :/ so we told him that we didn't have a test today and were to revise ! And he believed us and we sat thru a free period when we were meant to do the test .. RE teacher was raging - found were our class was in (in maths) and had a big shout at us ! And told us to confess who did it .. none of us did unfortunately .. next RE day we did our test and got another row by year head .. She didn't Let us out at the end of the day until finally that bloke confessed - worst period ever literally I was sweating .. I know I'm a really bad person for not telling but the social pressure is on, that teacher will move on/ change class but i will always be with that class .. many occasions I genuinely felt sorry for her and I had no intention to hurt her but this taught me a good lesson - whenever you see bad happening always TRY to stop it. Or else it just gets worse
Original post by Ali$hah
Basically what happened was before Christmas hols we had an RE test (I mean we were supposed to have an RE test) until some bright bloke in the class decided that it was a good idea to hide the test papers before the substitute teacher came in (btw if our proper RE teacher had came in that day none of this would've happened !) and a few peeps hid the note telling sub teacher about the test :/ so we told him that we didn't have a test today and were to revise ! And he believed us and we sat thru a free period when we were meant to do the test .. RE teacher was raging - found were our class was in (in maths) and had a big shout at us ! And told us to confess who did it .. none of us did unfortunately .. next RE day we did our test and got another row by year head .. She didn't Let us out at the end of the day until finally that bloke confessed - worst period ever literally I was sweating .. I know I'm a really bad person for not telling but the social pressure is on, that teacher will move on/ change class but i will always be with that class .. many occasions I genuinely felt sorry for her and I had no intention to hurt her but this taught me a good lesson - whenever you see bad happening always TRY to stop it. Or else it just gets worse

Yup, you're right. Although I would just try and focus on myself if I was you. Forget what other people are doing...the likelihood is that those who cheated are unprepared for the real exams whilst you are prepared as you didn't cheat. This gives you an advantage. Consider your position and how perhaps it benefits you by them cheating. It's their wrongdoing, not yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
Yup, you're right. Although I would just try and focus on myself if I was you. Forget what other people are doing...the likelihood is that those who cheated are unprepared for the real exams whilst you are prepared as you didn't cheat. This gives you an advantage. Consider your position and how perhaps it benefits you by them cheating. It's their wrongdoing, not yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say they're just using all their resources to their advantage I dont agree ith it or disagree I'm neutral.
They're mocks, who cares? No one benefits because its more of an indication of how well you are going to do and whether you should put more work in.
Original post by whowannadate
(I didnt cheat btw)

Thx to the 'unofficial mark scheme thread' on tsr lots of people memorised the answers for 2016 french exam...

I feel like i should at mention it to my teacher but at the end of the day the cheaters will get their comeuppance in june..

Thoughts ?

If the thought of having your head down the toilet appeals to you, go for it. Especialy when 80% of the class 'won't have seen anything'.

You are going to a teacher to say the answers were on TSR. Everyone will deny it and unless they are stupid, won't trip up.

You, however will have said you saw the answers but didn't report it before the test. Whose grades do you think they will look a?

It will be too much of a ballache to try and work out, what to do, was it cheating, prove who it was etc just on your words. The French Teacher will be really happy that his class grades will all be reduced.

Don't mess with the French Class Posse.

Quick Reply

Latest