The Student Room Group

If iPhone didn't exist what phone would you have

Mine would probably be Samsung

Scroll to see replies

Apple or die for me.
i have no desire for a fruit based device from california ...

no Iphone ? i suspect t that the other fruitbased telephonic device would still be more popular , or we'd all be entirely confectionary based for smartphones
Original post by Mathemagicien
I wouldn't have an iPhone even if I had the choice...

Same. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm very happy with it.
The phone i have now
Reply 5
9020f717-04a6-434c-b49f-d7e06d136353.jpg for real.
Samsung and all the iterations
Reply 7
I already don't use iPhones. Too simple.

And probably the Pixel or Samsung Galaxy.
How can people forget the good old Sony Ericsson?

WALKMAN ANYONEEE????
Being really pedantic... the first iPhone is seen as the 'template' for the smartphone industry. In terms of what set it off in that direction... before then you had Palm and Blackberry, using physical QWERTY keyboards, etc. - nothing was really the same as what Apple offered with the first iPhone... so it is likely that the entire smartphone industry would be radically different if the iPhone never existed!

This isn't to say that every phone manufacturer copied Apple's original vision. Of course, they didn't. However, Apple did pave the way towards the modern smartphone (in terms of design, form factor, software/OS, etc.), allowing others to follow in their footsteps and develop their own things.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I wouldn't have an iPhone even if I had the choice...

Same here.
sony ericsson w810i #2008 :wink:
Reply 12
Lol alright guys thx
Impossible to say as so much has been changed by smartphones, and none of the phones being made now (and also their manufacturers) would exist in their current form were it not for the iPhone. Who knows what Nokia or Sony Ericsson might be selling today had it not been for Apple?
Blackberry.
Reply 15
I actually woke up this morning and ordered a brand new MOTOROLA V3! Okay it's not brand new but I'm thinking, old phones can make a good fashion statement right? I mean the V3 and a suit, perfect combination. I'm forwarding all my calls to it when it arrives.

I'm glad you made this thread, let me ask a sub question. Do you think it'd be cool to use an old phone? What would you do if you saw someone using a V3 in 2017?
OnePlus3 definitely
Original post by zayn008
I actually woke up this morning and ordered a brand new MOTOROLA V3! Okay it's not brand new but I'm thinking, old phones can make a good fashion statement right? I mean the V3 and a suit, perfect combination. I'm forwarding all my calls to it when it arrives.

I'm glad you made this thread, let me ask a sub question. Do you think it'd be cool to use an old phone? What would you do if you saw someone using a V3 in 2017?

Not even gonna lie, I've been thinking of ordering an OG Motorola RAZR just for the hell of it! Motorola and Nokia were legit ahead of the game before Apple beat the industry bloody. HTC was making waves too but they were still kinda new at the time. Desperately want one of those Korea-only Samsung flip phones just for the banter, I miss flicking up the screen to answer calls 😂
Probably some kind of Blackberry, as if iPhone didn't exist, none of the other touch screen smartphones we see around us today would likely be the way they are either now.
Reply 19
Original post by zayn008

Yeh it would be cool and different; I would tbh. Then everyone else will jump on the wave, watch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending