The Student Room Group

Is my conditional supposed to be an unconditional??

I received a conditional offer from one of my chosen universities earlier this evening but the only condition is that I send them my certificates as I'd already achieved my grades last year, is this supposed to be an unconditional offer? Should I contact the university in case it's an error?

Scroll to see replies

Man...judging from your profile picture, i think you need to use shampoo before using conditioner,
Original post by money-for-all
Man...judging from your profile picture, i think you need to use shampoo before using conditioner,

Noted :wink:
Original post by money-for-all

Think they might be natural curls:tongue:
Original post by Nicoley-oley
I received a conditional offer from one of my chosen universities earlier this evening but the only condition is that I send them my certificates as I'd already achieved my grades last year, is this supposed to be an unconditional offer? Should I contact the university in case it's an error?

It's an conditional offer, subject to the grades on your certificates being equal or higher than than the offer.

An unconditional offer is one where they've seen the certificates and then give you a uni place without conditions on what grades or interview.
(edited 7 years ago)

Its still a conditional offer, it is conditional on whether you show them evidence of your grades or not. Basically, just send your certificates in and dont worry about it. Congrats!! you have your place at uni.:aetsch::adore::bird::bigsmile:
Original post by ThePricklyOne
It's an conditional offer, subject to the grades on your your certificates being equal or higher than than the offer.

An unconditional offer is one where they've seen your certificates and then give you a uni place without conditions on what grades or interview.

Ahh okay, it just seemed odd to me that on my ucas letter it says "This offer is subject to obtaining" and then there's a blank space, then underneath it just asks that I send my certificates to them, it just confused me a bit. Thank you :smile:
Original post by iaintasnaketho
Its still a conditional offer, it is conditional on whether you show them evidence of your grades or not. Basically, just send your certificates in and dont worry about it. Congrats!! you have your place at uni.:aetsch::adore::bird::bigsmile:

Okay, and Thank you!! :h::biggrin:
Now that I helped you out. I need some advice. THIS IS A SHOCKING STORY SO READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!! PEGI 18!!

Help!! My friend grows bacteria!! ;( How am i gna live with him???
This sad story occured at my uni. ;( Now I find it hard to escape

So basically yh... we agreed that myself and my other mate are going to move in with this friend (we'll call him X) and made this plan 2 month ago. However, we were told by X's flat mate that he is the flatmate from HELL!! he leaves food in the kitchen for 3 weeks to the point where blue bacteria grows on it like wtf.. he doesnt wash his dishes and when he does, he merely wipes it and puts it away... furthermore, he takes up 95% of the freezer... and the rest of the 5 flat mates have to share the rest of the fridge... when they confront X about this, he says hes busy and gets confrontational. X's flatmate has said we can move in with him, but we dont wana snake X as hes a cool guy. I cant deal with bacterial colonies in our kitchen... and as for the toilet, lets not mention that. And dont get me started on X's flatmates protein powder. He only said he can borrow some of the powder. A normal person would borrow a scoop or two max, he decided to use the whole 40kilo bag in one day... (exaggeration but it was finished lol)... someone help us wat shall we do. even if he promises hes gna not do it i dont wana get tied down in a year long rental contract. Appreciate the help. thanks

Be straight with him, honestly, if you've tried confronting him and he won't listen then there isn't much more you can do about it other than not move in with him. He's had his chance to change and he won't. Either that or you move in and play maid, gut the flat and try to keep up with the cleaning after that, tell him he has to pull his weight if he wants you to stay.
Original post by nicoley-oley
be straight with him, honestly, if you've tried confronting him and he won't listen then there isn't much more you can do about it other than not move in with him. He's had his chance to change and he won't. Either that or you move in and play maid, gut the flat and try to keep up with the cleaning after that, tell him he has to pull his weight if he wants you to stay.

what if he promises to change, but instead carries on with his filthy ways! What do i do? I know my name indicates i aint a snake tho, but i'd become a snake in this scenario!!
what if he promises to change, but instead carries on with his filthy ways! What do i do? I know my name indicates i aint a snake tho, but i'd become a snake in this scenario!!

He'd be the snake if he were continue his behaviour after saying he would change, you'd just be acting on what you had already warned him about. Just be clear that you will only move in if he were to literally clean up his act.

And in this scenario, your health would be at risk, so would you rather risk being called a snake and move to a clean flat and be happier or would you rather get sick because your friend has no respect for his home or his friends?
He'd be the snake if he were continue his behaviour after saying he would change, you'd just be acting on what you had already warned him about. Just be clear that you will only move in if he were to literally clean up his act.

And in this scenario, your health would be at risk, so would you rather risk being called a snake and move to a clean flat and be happier or would you rather get sick because your friend has no respect for his home or his friends?

Wow. YOu are opening my eyes to new solutions. I have already got offers from other mates who are willing to accomodate me and my other clean friend. Should I just take that up? I'll end up with 5 guys who are clean and be snaking X!! Should I reveal this news to him that he's being snaked. Sad thing is, he has no one else to live with next year - but he isn't clean and I don't know if that will change.

Thank YOU for the reasuurance and support so far!
Wow. YOu are opening my eyes to new solutions. I have already got offers from other mates who are willing to accomodate me and my other clean friend. Should I just take that up? I'll end up with 5 guys who are clean and be snaking X!! Should I reveal this news to him that he's being snaked. Sad thing is, he has no one else to live with next year - but he isn't clean and I don't know if that will change.

Thank YOU for the reasuurance and support so far!

Honestly, it's your call from here, maybe talk to your friend who was going to move in with 'x' with you and see what he thinks, it really depends on if you want to risk putting yourself through living in an unclean flat and potentially having the awkward situation of letting 'x' down later on down the line, or you could just bite the bullet and tell him that you don't think you can live with him. Simple as that really.
Honestly, it's your call from here, maybe talk to your friend who was going to move in with 'x' with you and see what he thinks, it really depends on if you want to risk putting yourself through living in an unclean flat and potentially having the awkward situation of letting 'x' down later on down the line, or you could just bite the bullet and tell him that you don't think you can live with him. Simple as that really.

I've talked to my other mutual friend and he doesn't want to live with this thing X either. He's literally scared on what to do. We both want to live with my other mates in a better accommodation that will be cleaner. Can you inform this person of the bad news for us: he has an account on the student room? Please, itll be a big help. I'm leaning towards snaking him but i need a couple more reasons to fully commit to it.

Please do it for me.
I've talked to my other mutual friend and he doesn't want to live with this thing X either. He's literally scared on what to do. We both want to live with my other mates in a better accommodation that will be cleaner. Can you inform this person of the bad news for us: he has an account on the student room? Please, itll be a big help. I'm leaning towards snaking him but i need a couple more reasons to fully commit to it.

Please do it for me.

Sorry man, but it's not my place. He'll appreciate it more coming from you or your friend, nothing's worse than hearing bad news from a messenger. Good luck :redface:

They also did this to me, and i literally had to email and apply to three separate exam boards, to prove i got my bloody grades. I was able to get this proof, but in the end decided i''ve done enough study, for the time being at least. BTW when you show evidence of your certificates, they should change the offer to unconditional okay?
Sorry man, but it's not my place. He'll appreciate it more coming from you or your friend, nothing's worse than hearing bad news from a messenger. Good luck :redface:

Can you give me some tips for delivering this blow? How do I do this?
What mode of action should I take?
Can you give me some tips for delivering this blow? How do I do this?
What mode of action should I take?

Face to face is the decent thing to do if not over the phone rather than text, just let him know that you need to talk about accomodation. When you meet with him/talk with him, however you decide to do it, be straight with him, don't be too blunt though, he is still your friend. Just be sure to do it as soon as possible so he has time to find some new flat mates if he needs to.
He has no one. Literally. Should I just pay deposit up front with my clean mates, and then tell him I did it by mistake but that it's too late? He literally has no one else and he's incompatible with others. There's no way out for him!!!

I really don't know what else to suggest :s-smilie:
I really don't know what else to suggest :s-smilie:

I was really hoping you did because I am so stuck right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending