The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel100499
Do they ask you questions about your section 3 on the bmat?

Imperial dont usually ask BMAT questions, i dont think, thats usually UCL and Cambridge. At least, they didnt ask me
Reply 1001
Do they send out invites to interview on a rolling basis in terms of priority? So if you got invited really early on in the cycle you can expect that your application was highly prioritised?
Any idea when they will send more offers
Original post by Medic17
How much was your BMAT ? And are you a current applicant ? As I see ppl getting offers with very low BMAT .

Hey thanks for getting back to me. My stats are : gcse 12A*
As 4A's
Predicted A*A*A*A
Bmat : 4.9 4.7 2.5 A

Would I stand a chance at an interview ? Or does making the cutoff just mean your not instantly rejected ? I am English year 13
Original post by usycool1
No - they look at other things too. I know people who had 7s in their BMAT but were rejected pre-interview.

Wow that's Crazy. The guy at the open day said that as long as u make the cutoff then they look at your ucas and make a decision. However it does seem that they prioritise people with higher bmat scores
Original post by Senthil Patel
As 4A's
Predicted A*A*A*A

Would I stand a chance at an interview ? Or does making the cutoff just mean your not instantly rejected ? I am English year 13

To be honest i don't know myself my stats is pretty much the same but an international stydent . I don't have high hopes but have seen in previous posts ppl getting interview offers with similar BMAT score . But we are still above the last yr cut off . Fingers crossed !!!
Original post by usycool1
When I had my interview a couple of years ago, the interviewers were very harsh with me and cut me off and laughed at some of my answers. :ashamed2: I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's just likely that they were interested in what you had to say.

The decision is usually made after you leave the room I believe, and I feel it's based only on interview performance. That's nothing official though, it's just me saying it so it could be wrong.

Does the medical student in the room have any say in the decision or do they leave before the others make the decision?
Is there any way we can find what was the cut off for international students last year. I see many saying that as international need slightly high BMAT compared to home students.But there is no mention about that slightly high is how much? As the number of spots for the international is less, it would be great if there is a mention of the cut off for internationals separately. Has anyone called the university to enquire about this or has anyone received any information about this from FOI? Please share which would be of great help.
As 4A's
Predicted A*A*A*A

You do. I had the same bmat as you but worse predictions, AS and gcses (but they don't look at those)

Posted from TSR Mobile
They claim that the cut-off is the same for all applicants (grad entry, international, etc.) but I'm not sure whether or not that's really the case.
Has anyone had to reschedule their interview and can help me with the process? I think i chose a date too far away and so i now realise that i don't want to be thinking about the interview all through my half term, when Im meant to be revising and resting.
Reply 1011
Original post by Quarrdent
Has anyone had to reschedule their interview and can help me with the process? I think i chose a date too far away and so i now realise that i don't want to be thinking about the interview all through my half term, when Im meant to be revising and resting.

That's why I chose to do my interview kinda early. I have it next Wednesday. I am not sure if you could possibly reschedule your interview but I think you need to contact them. If I was you I wouldn't change it as I've heard that Imperial's interview is quite relaxed and doesn't need much worrying 😂 (I hope 😂)
Original post by Quarrdent

DON'T RESCHEDULE! I had 1st Feb and asked to reschedule. When they sent the booking email again and I went to rebook all of Jan and feb were gone and I lost my original date! Only March was left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To people who have got offers. What kind of offers are you getting ? AAA or A*AA
Original post by iamDev
You do. I had the same bmat as you but worse predictions, AS and gcses (but they don't look at

Posted from TSR Mobile

What don't they look at ?
What don't they look at ?

They don't look at AS and gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
How long after the interview do they let you know whether you're in or not?
Original post by iamDev
They don't look at AS and gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do say they don't look at them
But when they look at our UCAS application there they have all information .
Original post by Medic17
They do say they don't look at them
But when they look at our UCAS application there they have all information .

They do see it I guess but I don't think it contributes to whether you get an interview or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NuclearFallout
How long after the interview do they let you know whether you're in or not?

2 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending