The Student Room Group

HELP???!! Do I include this in my personal statement??

Since 2014, I had study 1st mechanical engineering at another uni, then had a year out on sick, then went back til Sep - Dec 2016 to do year 2 now I've left and I am starting an intensive HNC accounting in a week. I am applying to a accountacy degree for September this year.

Do I include all my history and why I'm changing to accountancy in my statement?

Thanks
Original post by Br0g4n
Since 2014, I had study 1st mechanical engineering at another uni, then had a year out on sick, then went back til Sep - Dec 2016 to do year 2 now I've left and I am starting an intensive HNC accounting in a week. I am applying to a accountacy degree for September this year.

Do I include all my history and why I'm changing to accountancy in my statement?

Thanks

Keep it positive talk about accountancy only
Reply 2
The fact that you have been ill should be mentioned within your reference. I was in a similar situation and although I put a sentence here and there about me being out of school for my year of gcse's the main reason was put in my reference by my referee.

I wouldn't go into too much detail (remember you only have 4,000 characters). The odd sentence here and there shouldn't hurt!

Good luck:biggrin:
Original post by Br0g4n

Thanks

Your education history should be listed in the education section of your application. You don't need to talk about it in your PS.
Original post by Br0g4n

Thanks

Hi, I wouldn’t mention too much about History as in your personal statement you need to show your interest in accountancy. The university will see your previous education in the rest of your UCAS application so just focus on why you want to study accounting in your personal statement. You can mention being ill but I would keep that as brief as possible as your personal statement should be focused on your subject as much as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending