The Student Room Group

How the heck am i meant to afford this?

I saw Nintendos Switch presentation yesterday and i was pretty hyped seeing the new Mario Zelda 1 2 Switch and the like and was going to order the thing £280 is a lot but not much more than I was Hoping for so I hoped on to amazon and saw the price of the games. IT'S £60 :bricks:I know that most new consoles have games that cost about £60 but Nintendo has always had a fair price point and now if I bought 2 games it'd cost me £120.

If i had bought the consoleI'd have cost me £340 (because you need to buy a game too) which is way way way too much if the prices drop to around pc or Bone ps4 levels I'll probably get the thing but how the hell can I afford to game if these are the currant prices.

Oh and paid online:angry:.

so yeah how can I afford this.

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes new consoles are bundled with a game. Although a second controller is very pricey too.

I think a lot of companies now are trying to make the headline item cheaper but then make all the accessories super expensive..
Original post by Zerforax
Sometimes new consoles are bundled with a game. Although a second controller is very pricey too.

I think a lot of companies now are trying to make the headline item cheaper but then make all the accessories super expensive..

true but thats only one game the last console I had was the wii and i had 14 games for that and they only cost £40 or less (although I ant remember how much games cost when the wii was new because i bought it 2 years in to it's product cycle)
Original post by jonathanemptage
true but thats only one game the last console I had was the wii and i had 14 games for that and they only cost £40 or less (although I ant remember how much games cost when the wii was new because i bought it 2 years in to it's product cycle)

Prices for games have been around £30-70 quid for about 25 years now. I'd agree that £60 feels expensive though.

When the wii came out PS3 games were on average £40 all that's happening is Nintendo keeping up with the market.
Original post by Zerforax

Nintendo tried that with the wii u and lost loads of money
Original post by niteninja1
When the wii came out PS3 games were on average £40 all that's happening is Nintendo keeping up with the market.

the thing is though(after a search on game new unreleased PS4 games are around the £40 mark (giver or take)and slightly older released games are around the £30 mark I mean if Nintendo as they claim want to recapture the casual market they'll need to under cut or match those prices.
I saw Nintendos Switch presentation yesterday and i was pretty hyped seeing the new Mario Zelda 1 2 Switch and the like and was going to order the thing £280 is a lot but not much more than I was Hoping for so I hoped on to amazon and saw the price of the games. IT'S £60 :bricks:I know that most new consoles have games that cost about £60 but Nintendo has always had a fair price point and now if I bought 2 games it'd cost me £120.

If i had bought the consoleI'd have cost me £340 (because you need to buy a game too) which is way way way too much if the prices drop to around pc or Bone ps4 levels I'll probably get the thing but how the hell can I afford to game if these are the currant prices.

The answer is simple - wit until they're cheaper

Ask your self this?;

Do need the console & games now? No.. you dont
Original post by MeYou2Night
The answer is simple - wit until they're cheaper

Ask your self this?;

Do need the console & games now? No.. you dont

Do you think they'll get cheaper?

It just feels like the wii u again (i didn't get the wii u) but with games I want.
Do you think they'll get cheaper?

It just feels like the wii u again (i didn't get the wii u) but with games I want.

It will, you might just have to wait a while or somehow get more money

Rich uncle? Everyone has one im sure
I always thought that the games for the Wii U were expensive on release but then again I haven't had one for a couple of years. Yeah, the price of games is getting crazy.... don't think I can afford the Switch really and as I have a PS4 Im not sure if it's even worth getting. Maybe when it releases, they'll release the games are too expensive. Hopefully!
It will get cheaper, the high prices are just to get those who like throwing money away.

Just wait lol
Reply 13
The new Zelda is £60 on Switch and £40 on Wii U. What on earth can they possibly add on the new console version to justify a 50% price increase? :lolwut:
You know what's weird all those games at £60 like Zelda arms and things are now £50 on amazon I expected a price drop but not so soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
By a PC, You can even get decent games for free lol. So much cheaper than peasant consoles.

#PCmasterrace
If you buy Zelda, then play it and sell it. You will get most of your money back.
Original post by ChickenMadness
By a PC, You can even get decent games for free lol. So much cheaper than peasant consoles.

#PCmasterrace

I have a PC it's just some of the Nintendo titles and the thing it's self looks so good.
Original post by ChickenMadness

#PCmasterrace

tHE OP was complaining the about the price of a sub £300 console and you are recommending they get into PC gaming!
So just how much does a ninja pc rig cost these days ? Plus all the associated peripherals, then there's shelf life of graphics cards, extra memory, not to mention the knowledge required to run one efficiently! Before you even start buying games.

#pcmasturbaterrace
(edited 7 years ago)
Word. I'm staying clear from buying too many nintendo games. Probably will only get zelda and that's about it.

Quick Reply

Latest